It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville rep files complaints regarding Jan. 8th UFO incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Stephenville Texas representative to Place 7 Mr. Mark Murphy has filed complaints with the FAA and the DOT (pursuant to 14 CFR 13 on air safety) on behalf of himself, his family, and his constituents as an elected representative regarding the events which took place over Stephenville Texas on the evening of January 8, 2008. Mr. Murphy requested a reprimand of the USAF for large scale military operations in a populated area without notification of local authorities. City officials are supposed to be notified when such events are going to take place. No such notification was given prior to the F-16s flying over the city.

This is a bold step to force some action which is long over due. The fact that there were F-16s flying in and around the Stephenville area is serious because Stephenville is not within the military operating zone. Long time Stephenville resident and UFO witness Steve Allen said he saw a large UFO pass over head at a high rate of speed followed by a F-16 in pursuit. All 301st public affairs chief Maj. Karl Lewis said is that 10 F-16s were in the sky that evening flying a training mission. No mention of large UFOs which out-passed F-16s as the multiple witnesses said they saw.

I know Mr. Mark Murphy, and he will let me know of any response he receives from his formal complaint. I will then release the response(s) ASAP to the media.

To all those who have followed the Stephenville Texas UFO incident from the beginning, and to all those who have just started looking into it, we must demand answers and we can't let the USAF get away with telling lies and half truths. This is one of the most important (if not the most important) UFO incident in history.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ha, I think that's an excellent response to this. If they force their hand enough, the Air Force may have to come up with a premise as ridiculous as the one fed to everyone for the Roswell incident.

By the way, since you seem rather involved or at least interested in this case, do you know if the phone record of the fellow who called the base has been checked? I was hoping it would be (or disclosed by him), as additional proof that they were involved.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

What fellow? I called a major at Lackland AFB, but that's it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is a nice turn of events. It won't work unless the people being coerced into accepting the repremands get upset enough to come clean, though.

In any event, it is good to see that someone is using legal recourse to try to get this thing out in the open. I can only cross my fingers that SOMEONE will have the balls to step up and tell what they know.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Mark Murphy's web site: www.beyondboundaries.org...

News on this showing up already: www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ufo reality - do you know if anyone has ever presented the faa radar information to the af? i would be curious to hear the af's response to what that info shows. i mean, can a group of f16's hold a tight enough formation to appear as one BIG object on radar, all while sometimes barely moving and then sometimes going super fast???

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have contacted Maj. Karl Lewis, gave him the MUFON report and FAA radar data, but I've yet to received a response.

UFO blogger Billy Cox (Herald Tribune) has called Maj. Karl Lewis, and Lewis told Cox he would send the information up the ladder and get back with him. Still waiting for a response...

www.heraldtribune.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
FYI - Mark Murphy is also sending complaints to the Air Force Inspector General.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The radar report goes up to 8 p.m, I believe. Has anyone requested radar info for after that time? If that data becomes available, what was the last time the UFO showed up on radar? The reason I ask, is that the UFO in question was flying on a direct course towards President Bush's Craword ranch. Did the UFO breach restricted air space? And if it did, here's what we have - an aircraft without any identifying transponder signals, which could have posed a threat. It doesn't matter if President Bush was on the property or not - there's no free pass for the trespassing violation.

Now, if some ignorant teenager makes a veiled threat towards the President's life on My Space, it makes the national news.

If some mentally disturbed person jumps the fence at the White House, it makes the national news.

If an airplane violates the airspace at NASA's space center in Florida, the pilot is identified and charged......and it makes the national news.

So, since there is no radar report actually confirming a breach of restricted air space, that issue can't be addressed - but if it was confirmed, what could be a valid excuse for withholding that information from the public, especially in today's climate of terrorism fear? If the Air Force wants to deny the existance of an experimental craft or a craft of unknown origins, then let them tell us who the pilot was, what type of plane it was.

The Air Force's lack of a response to the radar reports tells me they are ignoring the issue and hoping it will go away. Constant presssure and exposure utilizing the media is required to keep this incident in the general public's short term memory. If a concise report could be put together, we should flood the Internet by posting it to every forum, bulletin board, blog, My Space, Face Book, National news reporters, etc, that we can. Make it viral.

I commend Mr Murphy for pushing to find out why the Air Force was supposedly conducting an operation over public air space.

This is my first ATS post. The combination of credible eyewitness reports plus the radar returns confirming those sightings, makes this a subject I feel passionate about.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chuck C

Very well put. The 301st at Carswell think they can just put out blanket false statements and get away with it because the news media doesn't tend to stay on top of stories like this one for very long. They know it will fade into the sun set and perhaps be featured in a documentary, but nothing more than that. I just hope people continue to bombard them with emails and phone calls until they can't take it anymore and come clean...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
nice!!!

this is a very cunning response to the legal side of things. gotta fight fire with fire rght

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mr UFO Reality - please keep us up to date on the outcome of these legal efforts. Do you know whether MUFON or anyone else requested a FOIA for radar information that may have tracked the UFO in question to see if it actually did breach restricted airspace near President Bush's ranch?

Let's hear the U.S.A.F. explain why they want to cover up that, espescially if they want to define the UFO radar return as a domestic airplane without a transponder.

Their hand is caught in the cookie jar, and they have responded with a series of lies.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chuck C

Yes, MUFON did file a FOIA request with the FAA and the FAA did give them a ton of radar data. MUFON was able to prove with the data that the witnesses did see unknown aircraft at the same times and places they described.

Stephenville rep. Mark Murphy just told me he was interviewed by CBS-11 Dallas news this afternoon. So be looking out for this on their web site or on TV. I don't like in Texas but here's their web site:

cbs11tv.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They told Mark Murphy it would run at 5, 6 or 10pm. So can someone watch and tape this tonight?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Howdy,
Murphy here just popping in with a drive-by comment. Don't be upset if I didn't play up the UFO aspects of this story and complaint. I do want them to take my complaint seriously. To this day, I've not seen any credible evidence of space aliens (other than the petrified rock from Mars with microbe fossils), but I don't discount possibilities. I don't claim to have any answers about anything, but I do want to know the truth. I'm a scientist and skeptical by nature, but I do believe something very big was going very fast here. The facts with the FAA radar data in the MUFON report, very credible witness accounts from people I know, and the denials and story changes from the USAF all give credence to something not being disclosed. I believe Steve Allen's original account more than anything. He is not a UFO'er at all, but I think he is quite truthful. An object 1 mile long, half mile wide, going about 3000 miles per hour (FAA radar shows about 2000 mph), and being chased by 2 F-16s. He stuck with his story despite USAF initial denials, hounding by the media, and laughter from his friends. Steve is the true hero in this story and deserves all due credit for getting Angelia Joiner involved. Steve & I discussed this before the story broke internationally and decided it would be the best thing to do, even if we would face some adversity.

I hope the media treats me fair on this. They usually don't.

Forgive also if I don't answer replies to this comment. I may not be back in here. I do have a friend in this group though, but I don't know if he wants me to give his name or identify him.

thanks for continuing to fight for truth and seek answers, as we all should,

Mark Murphy,
Stephenville City Council, Place 7

new topics

top topics

join