It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what this is? Google Sky Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was looking at google sky and zoomed it all the way out. When I clicked Infrared, I found a strange pattern.

Does anyone know what this is called? There has to be some reason for it.

I am referring to the patterns in the sky that look like a wave.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It looks to me like there are several different "waves" in the sky too. Some are lighter and some are fainter than others.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It may be a representation of the jet stream around the Earth showing it as hot air??? Not sure really, wait for a more learned colleague to shed some light

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
it's to do with the way we orbit and spin, and when the photos are taken

the black stripes are just parts of the sky not photographed.

i was shocked when i first saw it to! haha

bigmoose

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
They are mirror images. If you look closely you can see repeated patterns from wave to wave. No idea why that is there but it is a repeating image.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I dont think it has to do with the way we are when we spin because all of the pictures of the sky are in order of where they are in the sky. If it had to do with the way we spin, wouldnt the stars be all out of order?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I looked at it on Google Sky. As with some other really large pictures/ maps, you can do the "drag" motion to pan across the picture. When you Zoom all the way out, this is never-ending repeating pattern. Now, I have NO Idea what is so pixelated (look at the normal view and zoom in on the wave) but it is not nearly as long as it seems. The pattern appears to repeat after one full up-and-down.

(Edit - Figured out how to post pics, am blocked from uploading any online at work)

[edit on 9/3/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is an infrared view of the milky way galaxy as the earth spins on its north and south poles.
You see the earth has a slight tilt when spins around Day to night , Causing the weird wave image.

Milky Way Galaxy
Milky Way Galaxy2
Milky Way Galaxy3

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BannedForLife
It is an infrared view of the milky way galaxy as the earth spins on its north and south poles.
You see the earth has a slight tilt when spins around Day to night , Causing the weird wave image.

Milky Way Galaxy
Milky Way Galaxy2
Milky Way Galaxy3

Thanks for the info!

this is now not a one line post.

top topics

join