It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with the water fluoridation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
I've been drinking my own distilled water for six months now. My roommate has a purifier that takes six hours to produce one clean gallon of water. You would not believe the nasty powdery residue that is left after one gallon has been distilled. It's gross. It's the only way I know to get clean water anywhere. Nonetheless I now know what clean water tastes like and all other waters disgust me to the point that I can't drink them

Although I agree that it is good to remove the bad, there are things like calcium and other good, natural minerals in water that aren't a problem - and even such water that has no "bad" stuff in it would leave a mineral deposit when distilled.

Just thought I would mention that the deposits (residue) you wind up with do not indicate "badness" necessarily.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
I know that here in the US (where I live anyways), they have been fluorinating water since I was a kid (like 40 years ago). I can't say I have noticed any ill effects from it, however I am not verse enough about it to say whether the benefits outweigh the potential risks if any.

Interesting thing about the fluoridated individual... Subjectively THEY don't see an issue (until they get cancer or other illness, and then they don't link fluoride to it).

I have posted a link to the history of fluoride twice in this thread. I recommend reading it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Earlier this year, i bought a counter top double water filter, that connects to the faucet. 1 micron coconut shell fitler, and a fluroide filter..i belive it uses amuminum? or alumini? to filter out the fluroide. How does that fitler compare to distillation?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Earlier this year, i bought a counter top double water filter, that connects to the faucet. 1 micron coconut shell fitler, and a fluroide filter..i belive it uses amuminum? or alumini? to filter out the fluroide. How does that fitler compare to distillation?

Well... I would have concern if it uses aluminum. Aluminum is not good for you either. I don't know anything about the filter you are mentioning, but unless it says specifically that it WILL remove fluoride, I wouldn't bet on it (and even if it does say so, I might not be sure in placing a bet).

Some here say distillation works, and I know reverse osmosis does. Other than those two and Dean Kamen's water purifier, I have not heard of anything else that will remove fluoride.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There's a new website on the scene, they still need more articles and content but they have this article here on water fluoridation.

www.truthexposed.com...

Loads of info there, probably the most complete I've seen!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As was brought to my attention very recently:

Isn't the real issue here that water is being fluoridated under the premise that it is beneficial to the health of your teeth? Since when is dental health the number 1 health priority? If we are so concerned about dental health why don't we just brush our teeth more often or increase the dose of fluoride in some toothpastes? Then at least we have the choice to use it or to ignore it. Why the need for compulsory fluoridation of the water supply?

Why don't they add calcium to the water supply to improve the health of our bones, or iron for our blood or any number of other elements which play a more vital role in our health and well-being, as toxic as they may be in certain doses, instead or as well as fluoride? No, we have plenty of other alternatives to receive our recommended dosage of these elements.

So as harmless as fluoride may be, you cannot ignore the peculiarity in the reasoning behind why it is being added to the water supply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join