It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with the water fluoridation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
Nothing to worry about.

Except that it's the main active ingredient in roach powder and rat poison. But don't let that bother you, the Government says it's "good for you".

And they're doing it because they love you and care for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Tell ya what, dude... You show me how any of this relates to fluoride (other than the general topic of "What is healthy") and I'll answer you. (You will be surprised at my answers, BTW.)

I mean, we are talking about fluoride, a poison - and one that creates cumulative damage - being added deliberately to our water supplies and dentifrices. Not about the habits of one who sees this SPECIFIC issue as grossly harmful to humans, and evil in its purposeful enactment.

Yes, many of the things you listed are harmful (depending on source, mainly), but those matters are for another thread.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Amaterasu]

There is something that you really need to consider. It's this: soluble and insoluble forms of Fluoride occur naturally and are present in virtually all water, soil, and air sources. Florine naturally exists in many transport forms. It's not just Calcium Fluoride like you think. This means that it is also naturally present in virtually all life on earth, and in the food you eat. It's naturally present in you. For the most part, the government only gives us about 0.3mg more than nature does.

Now, can you be a gentleman and answer the questions I posed earlier about your dietary habits?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Except that it's the main active ingredient in roach powder and rat poison. But don't let that bother you, the Government says it's "good for you".

Yes, because comparing the lethal dose of sodium fluoride between roaches, rats, and humans is intelligently viable.

Oh god, salt hypertonically kills bacteria and dries up leeches! run from it!

I swear...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by logician magician]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Tell ya what, dude... You show me how any of this relates to fluoride (other than the general topic of "What is healthy") and I'll answer you. (You will be surprised at my answers, BTW.)

If your answers don't have anything to do with the U.S.D.A.N.F.D.S.B.F. then it doesn't concern the topic.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The great state of Louisiana did not have fluorinated water until Governor Bobby Jindal that is...

Citizens should have been part of this discussion but they were not.
Fluoride is added to water ostensibly to reduce tooth decay but according
to many professionals contacting Jindal, recent evidence indicates that
fluoride poses many health dangers (NRC, 2006).
Paul Connett, PhD, Director, Fluoride Action Network asks, "If
fluoridation is a source of pride to the dental lobby why didn't they present
their case openly and allow the legislators to hear experts from both sides?

www.reuters.com...

what worries me is that he is the first Republican Governor in like 60 years.

are the repubs "in" on it and not the dems???

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

There is something that you really need to consider. It's this: soluble and insoluble forms of Fluoride occur naturally and are present in virtually all water, soil, and air sources. Florine naturally exists in many transport forms. It's not just Calcium Fluoride like you think. This means that it is also naturally present in virtually all life on earth, and in the food you eat. It's naturally present in you. For the most part, the government only gives us about 0.3mg more than nature does.

We have been though this already, darling. Yes. CALCIUM fluoride exists naturally. Anyone with a modicum of chemistry knows that affects of a molecular compound vary greatly on a number of factors including what atoms are present. You are making it sound as if the CALCIUM fluoride is comparable to sodium fluoride and all these fertilizer industrial waste acids that are being purposefully put into drinking supplies.

You are bloody insane to keep making this comparison over and over.

Now, can you be a gentleman and answer the questions I posed earlier about your dietary habits?

Nope. Because you haven't pointed out where those items are salient to the point of a deliberate poisoning of the people with UNNATURAL fluorine compounds. When you make that link clear, make those questions clearly ON TOPIC, I will answer them.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes, because comparing the lethal dose of sodium fluoride between roaches, rats, and humans is intelligently viable.

I swear...

As if there is a valid comparison here. If you were to cover your body with an amount comparable to the amount (per weight, volume, whatever) that kills these creatures, you would no doubt be hurting, too.

And generally speaking, if something kills one mammal at a given amount per weight or volume, it will kill ANY mammal at a comparable level.

AND, you keep NOT ADDRESSING the fact that even a little of the UNNATURAL fluorine compounds (sodium fluoride, fluorine-based acids) cause CUMULATIVE damage.

Give it up.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If your answers don't have anything to do with the U.S.D.A.N.F.D.S.B.F. then it doesn't concern the topic.

WTF, again. I have addressed "What's the deal with the water fluoridation?" ALL my answers have dealt with that. I have no clue what those cute li'l acronymical letters represent, but regardless, this post makes you look very bad.

Let's get back to the topic which is...What's the deal with the water fluoridation?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"From 1972 to 1974, the number of heart attacks in Antigo, Wisconsin, doubled in a year, following addition of fluoride to the water systems. Because of this, they took the fluoride out, and the heart attack rate came down. In his search for a chemical that converts the metabolism of a normal cell to that of a cancer cell, Dr Otto Warburg discovered that sodium fluoride was effective in bringing about this charge. What is significant is that Ireland's cancer rate is going through the roof. There was other information on Newburgh’s health that concerns us here. The town’s heart disease rate following fluoridation was found by researchers to be one of the highest in the US, another fact missing from the official final report. Heart disease also doubled just five years into the fluoride experiment in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Fluoride concentrates in the arteries, attracting calcium, and can contribute to their hardening. The folly of adding fluoride to water sup-plies in a nation so burdened by heart disease would seem obvious. "

Read the full actical @

www.theboltonnews.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
are the repubs "in" on it and not the dems???

I think most (all!) NeocoNazis are "in on it..." Don't know if your gov'ner is one. Likely, though.

But some Dems are too. Fewer that in the Rep camp though. Some of them are playing glad-face with Dem ideals, trying to keep control of both "Parties," but the majority of the lower level Dems are good, honest Joes (as are most of the Reps at the lower levels).

Point is, at the higher levels, the Reps and the Dems are all the same. Because even if they come up through the ranks honest, they are given the Talk at some point and made to "see the (dark and evil) light."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I swear...

As if there is a valid comparison here. If you were to cover your body with an amount comparable to the amount (per weight, volume, whatever) that kills these creatures, you would no doubt be hurting, too.

And generally speaking, if something kills one mammal at a given amount per weight or volume, it will kill ANY mammal at a comparable level.

AND, you keep NOT ADDRESSING the fact that even a little of the UNNATURAL fluorine compounds (sodium fluoride, fluorine-based acids) cause CUMULATIVE damage.

Give it up.

You have no idea how ironic you sound. It's almost sad. I think you'd really like to know exactly what the U.S.D.A.N.F.D.S.B.F. is.

Answer my questions and I'll tell you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You have no idea how ironic you sound. It's almost sad. I think you'd really like to know exactly what the U.S.D.A.N.F.D.S.B.F. is.

I'm not going to play games with you and I couldn't care less about your acronym.

Have a nice life then.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm not going to play games with you and I couldn't care less about your acronym.

Have a nice life then.

You too. Don't consume too much fluoride - not that you can help it.

You could have learned so much from my acronym. I'll just leave you with this and be on my way:

100777.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

100777.com...

Still don't care about the acronym, but if you had given me this link instead of trying to dance with me, I would have grasped where you were heading.

Interesing thing, though... It didn't say:

What kind of fluoride was being measured;

Where the tea was grown;

What the condition of the water used for brewing was relative to fluoride content;

What brand of tea was in question;

and so on. Still, your point has been made, and I will answer your questions:

Do you drink tea? About one cup every three months, on the average - chinese grown.

Do you drink soda? Not a drop. Hate the stuff.

Do you drink fruit juices? (grape, apple, orange, etc...) Only if there is no water (tested with no detectable chlorine or fluorides). Maybe once every 6 months.

Do you drink wine or beer? About one drink every 3-4 months.

Do you drink coffee? One cup organic, fair trade a day, as maintenance for my caffeine addiction.

Do you eat at McDonalds? (french fires are good, right?) I abhor the Evil Clown and all it stands for. Never, never, never.

Do you eat canned fish, fish sticks, and the like? Canned fish about twice a year, fish sticks never.

Do you eat raisins? Not fond of raisins, though some have snuck past me in bread - maybe once or twice a year.

How about pork? I eat no pork and no beef.

Deserts like ice pops or jello? I do not consume gelatin. I make my own popsicles from locally grown, organic fruit and water (tested chlorine and fluoride free)

How about rice, beef, gravy, chicken pot pie, frozen dinners? I eat organic rice occasionally, never eat beef at all, nor any chicken that is not truly free-range and local. I abhor frozen dinners.

Do you eat your vegetables (potato, carrot, etc...) ? Local, organically grown, yes. "Imported," conventional, never.

How about potato chips, do you like potato chips? Oh, if I can find a good, organic chip... Maybe once a month. Or less. Or I might make my own once a year from locally grown potatoes.

FYI, the water locally is tested as having no detectable fluorides - or chlorine, either...

There ya go. Answered honestly. So what about the rest of your list beyond tea?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
in most of Europe, fluoridation of the water is prohibited by law.

Not because our leaders care so much about us, but because the general public got too informed and they could not pull it off without major backlash..

I can see the link to other foodstuffs though, as several of the additives in our food are some of the most toxic substances known to man.

the chemical waste which this fluoride is did cost the industry a fortune to clean up before it got introduced as the 'salvation of our teeth'.. that several studys have shown it to be actually detrimental to our dental health is only semantics, cause their pet-scientists and spin-doctors will allways continue to blow smoke and distort the issue.

'Studys' and 'research' is allways a debateable issue, I could propably find dozens of studys proving how 'good' tobacco is for our health (and yeah, I smoke too..)

Fact is that in modern society, it is allmost impossible to avoid being poisoned by our industry. even if we grow our own food and raise our own cattle the groundwater and air pollution will get to it..

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is it possible to filter out fluoride?

We're doing all this discussion on the negative effects but I don't think anyone has mention how to obtain a clean source.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this video has been posted within this thread! So if so sorry to rehash what you already heard. IF not, then this is a good video to check out!

In the Associated Press they did a report that over 41 million people are exposed to pharmaceutical drugs in TREATED drinking water.
We have all heard the saying 'There is something in the water' Well There IS.

Time to Stand UP and Get Pissed for Once AMERICA. Remember your baby's formula is now being contaminated with drugs.

And there is NO FEDERAL or STATE REGULATIONS ON WATER TREATMENT FOR DRUGS.

'There Is Something In The Water' well this saying is no more just an idea of a conspiracist. This is what is really going on across America from major cities to suburban neighborhoods.

Are you the Americans going to take this with a smile. Are you going to trust the government to fix this problem when they dont even have any regulations for it. What are you going to do.

The New World Order, Big Corporations taken over, 911 inside job, Alex Jones, Micheal Moore, George Bush, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, IRS, Illuminati, Free Masons, WTC, Major Media, Corrupt Politicians, Iraq,
Iran, Israel, Jews running the world, Terrorist trying to take freedom, etc. All of this does not matter when Americans cannot even get up and DEMAND CLEAN WATER.

Below is a list of some of the pharmaceuticals they found in TREATED drinking water.

ANTIBIOTICS

Amoxicillin — for pneumonia, stomach ulcers

Azithromycin — for pneumonia, sexually transmitted diseases

Bacitracin — prevents infection in cuts and burns

Chloramphenicol — for serious infections when other antibiotics can't be used

Ciprofloxacin — for anthrax, other infections

Doxycycline — for pneumonia, Lyme disease, acne

Erythromycin — for pneumonia, whooping cough, Legionnaires' disease

Lincomycin — for strep, staph, other serious infections

Oxytetracycline — for respiratory, urinary infections

Penicillin G — for anthrax, other infections

Penicillin V — for pneumonia, scarlet fever, infections of ear, skin, throat

Roxithromycin — for respiratory, skin infections

Sulfadiazine — for urinary infections, burns

Sulfamethizole — for urinary infections

Sulfamethoxazole — for traveler's diarrhea, pneumonia, urinary and ear infections

Tetracycline — for pneumonia, acne, stomach ulcers, Lyme disease

Trimethoprim — for urinary and ear infections, traveler's diarrhea, pneumonia

PAIN RELIEVERS

Acetaminophen — soothes arthritis, aches, colds; reduces fever

Antipyrine — for ear infections

Aspirin — for minor aches, pain; lowers risk of heart attack and stroke

Diclofenac — for arthritis, menstrual cramps, other pain

Ibuprofen — for arthritis, aches, menstrual cramps; reduces fever

Naproxen — for arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, aches; reduces fever

Prednisone — for arthritis, allergic reactions, multiple sclerosis, some cancers

HEART DRUGS

Atenolol — for high blood pressure

Bezafibrate — for cholesterol problems

Clofibric acid — byproduct of various cholesterol medications

Diltiazem — for high blood pressure, chest pain

Gemfibrozil — regulates cholesterol

Simvastatin — slows production of cholesterol

MIND DRUGS

Carbamazepine — for seizures, mood regulating

Diazepam — for anxiety, seizures; eases alcohol withdrawal

Fluoxetine — for depression; relieves premenstrual mood swings

Meprobamate — for anxiety

Phenytoin — controls epileptic seizures

Risperidone — for schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, severe behavior problems

OTHER HUMAN DRUGS

Caffeine — found in coffee; also used in pain relievers

Cotinine — byproduct of nicotine; drug in tobacco, also used in products to help smokers quit

Iopromide — given as contrast agent for medical imaging

Nicotine — found in tobacco, also in medicinal products to help smokers quit

Paraxanthine — a byproduct of caffeine

Theophylline — for asthma, bronchitis and emphysema

VETERINARY

Carbadox — for control of dysentery, bacterial enteritis in pigs; promotes growth

Chlortetracycline — for eye, joint, other animal ailments

Enrofloxacin — for infections in farm animals and pets; treats wounds

Monensin — for weight gain, prevention of severe diarrhea in farm animals

Narasin — for severe diarrhea in farm animals

Oleandomycin — for respiratory disease; promotes growth in farm animals

Salinomycin — promotes growth in livestock

Sulfachloropyridazine — for enteritis in farm animals

Sulfadimethoxine — for severe diarrhea, fowl cholera, other conditions in farm animals

Sulfamerazine — for a range of infections in cats, fowl

Sulfamethazine — for bacterial diseases in farm animals; promotes growth

Sulfathiazole — for diseases in aquarium fish

Tylosin — promotes growth, treats infections in farm animals, including bees

Virginiamycin M1 — prevents infection, promotes growth in farm animals

All these pharmaceutical drugs and more were found in TREATED WATER SUPPLY.

Do something for once, stand up and be heard, stop this insanity NOW.

P.s-- All that is from the video.. I didnt want to over quote. So I just added that to this thread here.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Is it possible to filter out fluoride?

We're doing all this discussion on the negative effects but I don't think anyone has mention how to obtain a clean source.

I am led to believe that reverse osmosis is an excellent option. Expensive, though, and one needs filters periodically.

Dean Kamen (of Segway fame) has a water distiller. I think it, too, might make the water pure...doesn't need filters, but how well it would work on fluoride compounds...I am unsure. He claims it works on everything.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Bingo. Hit the nail on the head. This is the number one reason of flouridation. The other drugs they put in drinking water are for other effects.

A bit about the pineal gland:

The pineal gland, also known as your third eye, is located in the brow chakra. It is the path to intelligent energy and ultimately the intelligent infinity. In meditation, you can find this energy to tap into the infinite knowledge of the multiverse. Literally, there are no bounds. This is why they worship the all seeing eye so obsessively. Think about all the corporate logos that have the all seeing eye as well as the one dollar bill. It's everywhere.

The true people in power have mastered the technique of tapping into intelligent energy so far that ultimately, it is the base of where all their plans come from. If one that was saddistically twisted wanted to keep people from knowing their secret, one would need to impede the process of the masses reaping the benefits of their pineal gland. Insert flouridation. The deposits in the gland calcify and create blockages in the pineal gland thus disturbing the clear ability to use your third eye. You cannot understand the potency of this technique unless you understand what the third eye is truly capable of. Basically they are attempting to block you from your ability to tap into infinity.

I've been drinking my own distilled water for six months now. My roommate has a purifier that takes six hours to produce one clean gallon of water. You would not believe the nasty powdery residue that is left after one gallon has been distilled. It's gross. It's the only way I know to get clean water anywhere. Nonetheless I now know what clean water tastes like and all other waters disgust me to the point that I can't drink them.

There are many people that don't want you to know the truth. Don't let them phase you for a moment.

This thread really opened my eyes to how far this has gone:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use your third eye, deny flouridated water. Infinity is waiting for you.

Much love and light to all.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've been thinking about the topic of this thread for a while and it occurred to me that if these meds are in the water in some cities and not in others (as well as some meds in this supply, others in that supply)the only thing that could be making the difference is the filtration. If the filtration method is identical, but the meds found differ...

That could only mean that the meds are being deliberately put into the water supply.

Why? you might ask... Because I can't believe that some cities' population uses only some of the drugs while others use other drugs.

For example, if the reason is because we are disposing of unused drugs and thoroughly used drugs (i.e., in our urine) via the water supply, one would expect a virtually identical mix of drugs in the final supply given an identical filtration method. On the whole, the same percentage of any given pharmaceutical is being used in any two given cities.

And if it is all about what filtration is being used... Let's find out what is being used in the cities that are showing no pharmaceuticals in the water supply and switch to that (those?) method! If we STILL find the creppola in the water...

Then we'll KNOW they are doing this to us purposefully.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join