It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Yin to the Yang?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I love ATS and I have found great knowledge on this board but the one thing I find lacking is the Yin to the Yang. The balance of positive and negative, the good vs. the evil, where is the good?
Wiki describes Yin and Yang as:
"The concept of yin and yang describes two opposing and, at the same time, complementary (completing) aspects of any one phenomenon (object or process) or comparison of any two phenomena. They are universal standards of quality at the basis of the systems of correspondence seen in most branches of classical Chinese science and philosophy, traditional Chinese medicine being an example[1]."
The two qualities of Yin and Yang:
"Yin (陰 or 阴 "shady place, north slope, south bank (river); cloudy, overcast"; Japanese: in or on; Korean: 음, Vietnamese: âm) qualities are characterized as soft, slow, substantial, water, cold, conserving, tranquil, gentle, and corresponds to the night.

Yang (陽 or 阳 "sunny place, south slope, north bank (river), sunshine"; Japanese: yō; Korean: 양, Vietnamese: dương) qualities are characterized as hot, fire, restless, hard, dry, excitement, non-substantial, rapidity, and corresponds to the day."

The 4 Laws:
" * Yin-yang are Opposing
o Yin and yang describe the polar effects of phenomena. In viewing any one phenomenon (or the comparison of two phenomena), yin and yang describe the opposing qualities inherent in it. For instance, winter and summer would be the yin and yang, respectively, of the year.
* Yin-yang are Mutually Rooted
o Yin and yang are two complementary qualities. That is to say, the yin and the yang aspect of any one phenomenon will, when put together, form the entire phenomenon. Yin-yang is a philosophy of duality. This is the reason the Chinese word has no "and" between yin and yang - the term always expresses the two making up the one. In the example above, winter plus summer makes up the whole year.
* Yin-yang Mutually Transform
o The maximum effect of one quality will be followed by the transition toward the opposing quality. In other words, once the maximum Yang aspect has manifest, such as the long days of summer, this will be followed by the transition toward the Yin aspect, with the shortening of the days as winter approaches.
* Yin-yang Mutually Wax and Wane
o The Yin and yang aspects are in dynamic equilibrium. As one aspect declines, the other increases to an equal degree. For instance, in the cycle of the year, the long days of summer gradually shorten and the nights gradually lengthen as winter approaches. Throughout the process, however, the length of each day is constant (the equilibrium) while it is only the relative length of light and darkness that changes (is dynamic)."
en.wikipedia.org...

ATS scares the hell out of me, most topics are dark and foreboding.
I am scared for my family, my children, my country, my neighbors, our future, the world.
I now see a conspiracy in almost everything and I see absolutely no escape from all the fear and suppression anywhere on this Earth.
I am grateful to you all for opening my eyes and pulling me out of the herd but in my soul I feel that there is a Yin to all the Yang, there has to be a balance of positive to all this negative, there is a knight on a white horse.
I don't have proof, I just feel it.
Does anyone else feel this?
Am I just deluded?
If Yin and Yang is universal, where is the Yin to balance the Yang?
Where is the good to fight evil?
Is it just hopeless?
Is there a Yin to the Yang or is it just a fairytale?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Conspiracy theory research is usually done by the yin about the yang, to use your terminology.

In other words, YOU are the yin and WE are the yin and we are the result of education and compassion.

Generally, we are writing about secret plans to destroy what is good.

So, there's your yin and yang. We are the good balance educating and disclosing about the bad balance that destroys.

Sure, it's frightening, but it always has been and always will be. Dumbing down our education blinds us to the eternal 'state of mankind' and conditions us away from nature and natural cycles of knowing and understanding and nuturing and compassion for one another, which is natural for humans.

The oligarchy, or those conspiring to centralize wealth in greed (for themselves) are generally on the other side of the teter-toter of those who wish to nurture life and share.

It's greed and power vs sharing and love.

centralization of money (power) vs redistribution of money (power)

pretty much says it all.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Conspiracy theory research is usually done by the yin about the yang, to use your terminology.

In other words, YOU are the yin and WE are the yin and we are the result of education and compassion.

Generally, we are writing about secret plans to destroy what is good.

So, there's your yin and yang. We are the good balance educating and disclosing about the bad balance that destroys.

Sure, it's frightening, but it always has been and always will be. Dumbing down our education blinds us to the eternal 'state of mankind' and conditions us away from nature and natural cycles of knowing and understanding and nuturing and compassion for one another, which is natural for humans.

The oligarchy, or those conspiring to centralize wealth in greed (for themselves) are generally on the other side of the teter-toter of those who wish to nurture life and share.

It's greed and power vs sharing and love.

centralization of money (power) vs redistribution of money (power)

pretty much says it all.

i was gonna reply in more length, but there is no need. that says everything i was going to try and convey.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

I appreciate your answer and if that is the case, if we are the Yin to the Yang how much fighting are we doing posting on forums? What, where, who was the Yin before computers? If CT'ers are our knight's on a white horse, how much progress are we making and is it a true universal balance to the negative forces?
If the Yin is all talk and no action how do we balance the universe?
Something wicked this way comes and it has been slowly boiling for a long time, about to boil over, I hope the same can be said for the other side.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I agree that we are the Yin.

Our progress is hard to measure but real. I spoke to a friend of mine about CT's recently. His reply, and he's not an internet sort of person, was "it's not just you talking about this, it's millions of people".

There is an awakening process going on. You will not see it on the TV news, but it's present everywhere, making the elites control of us more and more difficult.

A few years ago people here would flock to see a passing high profile politician, these days they are avoided, shunned for the parasites they are.

Millions of people around the world are conspiring to take control of their lives away from the elites. Things are changing.

How this will end I don't know, just sit back and enjoy the ride I guess. Fear is the destroyer, it should have little place in your life, barring survival instincts in the face of imediate danger. Never have fear in your mind for what you think.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm, I'd say we're the Yin also..

Human intentions are still good at heart and we must never lose infinite hope.

You know, i think it's all about your own perspective, not necessarily the events that are happening to or around you, but how you choose to view and handle them..

I read this quote in another thread and i think it may suit here:

There is no beginning, there is no end, There is only change.

There is no teacher, there is no student, There is only remembering.

There is no good, there is no evil, There is only expression.

There is no union, there is no sharing, There is only one.

There is no joy, there is no sadness, There is only love.

There is no greater, there is no entropy, There is only motion.

There is no wakefulness, there is no sleep, There is only being.

There is no limit, there is no chance, There is only plan.

(Ultimate Journey -Robert A. Monroe)

[edit on 2/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
SEEWHATUDO, I too sometimes feel the overwhelming sense of doom that reaches out from ATS, through my computer screen, and scares the bejeezus out of me. As it would, I think, for any parent. But no matter how many times it knocks us down, we owe it to our children to get back up and fight for a better tomorrow. Even if it is, sometimes, just on the web.

The Yin is also found in your "friends" list. Many people on ATS, yourself included, have given me hope, guidance, a sense that I am not alone in my longing for a better world and that there are others that will pick up the fight when I stumble.

Originally posted by Zepherian
..."it's not just you talking about this, it's millions of people".

There is an awakening process going on. You will not see it on the TV news, but it's present everywhere...

On ATS we can be honest in a way that is not always possible IRL. We should all be reminded as we type that our words have power, our words can inspire and our words can encourage change. With millions tuning in, that change will come.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by counterterrorist

I appreciate your answer and if that is the case, if we are the Yin to the Yang how much fighting are we doing posting on forums? What, where, who was the Yin before computers?

We - the People, the ones who have compassion, who care - have always been. We have used many avenues to fight ignorance: books, pamphlets, word of mouth... Today we are "upgraded" to the Internet - though the other avenues are still open and used.

If CT'ers are our knight's on a white horse, how much progress are we making and is it a true universal balance to the negative forces?

Far more with the Internet than we did before... Slowly but surely, we have fought. Given that ATS is one of the fastest growing sites out here, we must be gaining momentum.

If the Yin is all talk and no action how do we balance the universe?

All talk and no action??? Au contraire. Each of us does what little we are able to. Granted, from a personal perspective, it may seem like little or nothing, but cumulatively... It adds up. Just the action of research and then writing it up here on ATS and other sites for the People to see and become educated is more powerful than you might imagine.

I believe it has been said that the pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword.

Something wicked this way comes and it has been slowly boiling for a long time, about to boil over, I hope the same can be said for the other side.

Why do you think there is such a push to take down the Internet as we know it? There is their greatest weakness. They have modeled a great deal on Orwell's 1984 (read or reread if you haven't lately - the similarities are stark), but Orwell did not anticipate the Internet and so they were unprepared.

Write to Congress, to state officials, to whomever you can think of letting them know that you oppose the death of the free and open Internet. Do all you can about raising awareness that net neutrality MUST be maintained if we are to have a chance to win.

Also... Address the retention in our laws of DSHEA - this was the act of congress which declared all nutrients as stuff we should have freely available. If they rescind DSHEA, we become Codex compliant - that's the Codex Alimentaruis - and all nutrients will be declared "toxins" and the only way to get more than 1/100th of an efficacious amount will be by prescription. (And the good ol' Big Pharma companies will make the profits.)

Call on the reps to insist we have labeling of genmod and irradiated foods.

The more noise we make, the less they can ignore us.

new topics

top topics

join