It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin vs. Obama -Middle America Appeal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks to all the vitriol being spewed out degrading Sarah Palin and her family, I started wondering who could possibly be so small-minded and hateful. I realized that these people must be in a very small minority compared to the millions of families who can relate to Sarah Palin and her family.

Michelle Obama and the DNC spent the entire convention trying to convince America that the Obama family was a normal family just like them. The Palin family IS a normal family just like us.

It really comes down to something very simple. Who will middle America relate to and like more? Here is how middle America will perceive the candidates:

Obamas = elitist grads of Harvard and Princeton, hang out with radicals who hate America and go to a church for 20 years with a pastor who says things like "God Damn America!"

Palins = typical family with typical family problems, ultimate blue-collar American dream and success story, small town girl makes good.

What's ironic is that Obama supporters will invariably try to make the middle America support for Gov. Palin about race. This has nothing to do with race, other than the fact that if the Obamas were WHITE snooty Ivy League lawyers he wouldn't even be in the running right now.

The ONLY people who don't think Sarah Palin helped McCain are the ones who wouldn't vote Republican if Jesus and Mohammad were running on the same ticket. You know who you are.

The tens of millions who WILL vote for McCain/Palin will be the average Americans who respect her values and accomplishments, and who can relate to her on a human level. People like people like themselves. 95% of blacks will vote for Obama while the majority of middle America will vote for McCain/Palin.

Run the numbers and take a guess who's more likely to win.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Interesting, since when The barracuda is running for president? I am starting to notice your trend on this type of threads Jamie.

Money most be good I guess, see you are not he first one, back in 2004 we have a bunch just like you promoting party candidates.

But you are winning the best propaganda award.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Interesting, since when The barracuda is running for president? I am starting to notice your trend on this type of threads Jamie.

Money most be good I guess, see you are not he first one, back in 2004 we have a bunch just like you promoting party candidates.

Are you implying I am getting paid to post here? Why not just come out and say it?

Do you have anything useful to add to the topic (ever), which is comparing Sarah Palin and Barack Obama in terms of their appeal to middle America?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am not saying anything Jamiey you are the only one that holds the truth and only you are aware of what that may be.

You are promoting only one side of the issue and so far most of your threads eliminate empirical discussion.

Like I said I have seen it all before, you are not the first one and will not be the last one either.

Good luck with your endeavor.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why do people keep comparing Obama and Palin? They aren't running against each other.

Its Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin.

Edit:

Shouldn't the VP also be experienced enough to take over for President if something should happen?

I don't think anyone can acuse Biden of that.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
Why do people keep comparing Obama and Palin? They aren't running against each other.

Its Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin.

Exactly, you should ask the MSM that question.

Its because it's obvious McCain has the most experience,
So they are focusing in on the ones with least experience, hence Obama vs Palin.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

Shouldn't the VP also be experienced enough to take over for President if something should happen?

shouldn't the guy running for president be experienced enough to be President if something should happen?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You are promoting only one side of the issue and so far most of your threads eliminate empirical discussion.

You are becoming a parody of the ultimate liberal attitude of "Don't confuse me with the facts!"

The reason you can't "empirically discuss" the topics is because you have no counter position. Take for example your claim that the U.S. is in the worst recession in history. This is the perfect subject for empirical discussion, and yet when I post an overwhelming amount of empirical data proving you wrong, your only comeback is that the Federal Reserve is perpetrating a massive conspiracy with the Bush administration to falsify hundreds of pages of economic data.

On topic, do you have any comment about which candidate, Palin or Obama, will appeal more to middle America voters?

If you can't contribute to the discussion on the topic of a thread, you might want to just skip over to another topic instead of trying to derail the thread with your drivel.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am middle age and so is my retired marine husband and she is not appealing at all and neither Obama and Biden.

And for the liberal tagging I guess is becoming your trade mark right Jamie?

I don't think that you can even comprehend what liberal or conservative means, unless is base on party lines.

You really are a piece of work.

top topics

join