It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Kiwis!! (New Zealanders)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Blasphemy, in the highest order!

just kidding!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yea. I don't even know the names of the All Blacks. It's an interest that my family have, so I didn't ever pick it up.

But this is off topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
O.k B.O.P resident here.
Tbh i think this country is in a sad state of affairs right now and im not going to blame the government!Thats right i blame the average Kiwi.Now any Kiwi or Ozzy will know the great laugh we all have with sheep jokes(one side seems to laugh harder than the other)but i seriously think this nation has turned into a herd of sheep.We have assimilated American culture completely.We have lost what made us unique.Out of the hundreds(?) of people i know there are only maybe five i could have a conversation with that didnt involve gangs, pop music, cars, sex or money.To me everyone here is to busy trying to be American and follow their ideals than do things the kiwi way.

p.s not bashing Americans know a few and they are great people.

p.p.s would really like to write this out better but just got home from work/gym and need to have a moi lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Yea your right. Things don't get crappy unless we let it happen and we have.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
We have assimilated American culture completely.We have lost what made us unique.Out of the hundreds(?) of people i know there are only maybe five i could have a conversation with that didnt involve gangs, pop music, cars, sex or money.To me everyone here is to busy trying to be American and follow their ideals than do things the kiwi way.

p.s not bashing Americans know a few and they are great people.

Hope you enjoyed your sleep (moi)!
There are a few of us out and about who still have a bit of 'old school' New Zealand in us (not the rascism, bigotry, wife-bashing six o'clock swill type, but the ingenious, number eight wire, can-do type!).
I agree that we have been hijacked by U.S. culture and they have been exceedingly successful in exporting their culture, just as we have willingly lapped it up. The problem now is how do we reclaim New Zild?...we need to celebrate our successes and our differences, and this extends even to the All Blacks, the Black Caps (yep, I know I said successes!), other sports as well as myriad other facets of our society, from the Arts to the Sciences. We consistently box above our weight, yet with the kiwisportisation and NCEA-isation of our young folk we are being taught to accept mediocrity.
Sometimes I despair.

Kia kaha. A tona wa e hoa. Me haere atu au.

...and I must stress that I don't dislike people from the United States per se. It is the regime that I abhor!
[edit on 10/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
NZ may be crappy to some but I've live in many different places around the world and I must say New Zealand is still the BEST place to live.

If you want to change things Mother Helen has just announced the election date NOVEMBER 8

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just made a post in BTS, to all my kiwi mates and you know who you are!...I'm going to be relocating to Denver CO at the end of this month.

Have lived in Chch for the last 4 yrs and have enjoyed every bit of it.

and as to the OP, the only problem I can think of here in NZ is the dole, I think it holds quite a few down while also giving a pass to otherwise healthy people who should be in the workforce...

but please dont take that as a bash...I 100% consider NZ my 2nd home, to the point of attaining permanent residency in 2006.

Cheers you guys, the last 4 have been a blast!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join