It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient moon ruins or faked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi,

Searching with google about moon images, I have found one that seems like ancient ruins on the Moon. The problem is that the website www.enterprisemission.com... is not a very reliable source of information (at least this is my opinion), but I think the image is not faked.

Do you know where to find the original image? Do you think it's faked?

Image Link

Thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't think its faked. It's hard to tell what that is though. I think if that was on Earth, in a desert or underwater, archaeologists would be digging or diving saying it was ruins. So due to its shape, I'd say it's worth checking out. Not that "they'd" ever tell us what they found.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by julugu

Can you please re-host whatever image it is you're trying to link to? Enterprise mission suspiciously refuses to allow people to hotlink anything... it'd make it too easy to refute their handiwork. For instance, they try to suggest on the first link you gave that AS17-134-20384 has evidence of "airbrushing" if you increase the curves of the image to insane levels revealing missing sections of scanner and film grain. If they're right it should be easily repeatable by going back to a high res source file on NASA and repeating the test. Going to the best source for the highest quality apollo images, ALSJ, I downloaded the same image at highest resolution and repeated the 'test' - the result does not contain the "errors" seen in the "enterprise mission's" photo.
i319.photobucket.com...

Either they intentionally choose bad scans of images from less reliable sources to find "artifacts" or they butcher the material themselves. In either case the website is not to be trusted. Still, it'd be nice to at least see which image you were talking about.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry, I didn't check the link. Here's the image:

Image Link

[edit on 2/9/2008 by julugu]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by julugu

Interesting, I have my doubts that that image is the moon at all. It looks more like a weathered plateu on mars. Hoagland seems to be talking about Zond 3 when they show that picture, but Zond 3 did not acheive anywhere near that quality or resolution at any point. Modern image processing of the old Zond 3 data looks better, but it's still nothing like this. Here's the best you can ever expect to see of Zond 3, a mosaic of all of the whopping 25 images it recorded on its flyby of the moon:
upload.wikimedia.org...
So basically we're left completely without context or sourcing for the image you referenced. To me though, it looks like mars at best.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You are right, ngchunter, that is not the Moon, it's Mars, and that image is part of photo e1000462 from Mars Global Surveyor.

And yes, it's an interesting image, and it was discussed some time ago on another thread.

As for Richard Hoagland, he is someone in which I do not have the slightest trust, he uses anything, he is much worse than Skipper from Mars Anomaly Research.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In any case (sorry for the one liner) that image isn't accessible any longer. Thread 403'd.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Venit

The image is still there, they probably just blocked direct linking.

top topics

join