It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2008 Alien Invasion of the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The 2008 Alien Invasion of the UK

english.ohmynews.com

It started in May, when the British government released previously secret UFO files to the National Archives. The files included corroborated reports from reputable sources of UFOs hovering over British cities.

In one amazing incident from 1984, air-traffic controllers described a "brilliant solid ball of light, bright silvery in color" that landed on a runway in front of them then took off in a near vertical climb. These stories appearing in both the national press and on TV caused quite a stir.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
More International UFO news for you to read this tiime UK.

english.ohmynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Theres been lots and lots of sightins in the uk at the moment sadly i dont think ive seen one yet hope so though.

but i think most of the sightings have been in wales theyres been hundreds of sightings theyre.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I remember a police helicopter in the UK chase a UFO apparently the MOD spokesman blamed it on Chinese lanterns
(I laugh but its not really funny)

Chinese lanterns seems to have surpassed swamp gas and venus in the UK. I wonder what will be the next object they will use?

By the way just read your thread about the SUN very interesting I have been following the irregular sun spots for over 18 months now. Nostradamus prediction in the making I feel.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeah, these Chinese lanterns have really screwed up solid UFO sightings.

Myself, when I see a topic or article headline that mentions "light in sky" UFO? I automatically think Oi! "Chinese lanterns !" don't waste my time!

So, like I've said recently many times...UFO research is back to square "one", nothing good recently to show we've been visited by "my favorite martian" or anyone else from the Universe or otherwise.

Just hoaxes and stories and lights in the sky.

The best evidence are the reports from the pasts in books by John Keel, Jacque Valle, Donald Keyhoe, Allen Hynek .....

These older classics are where you need to start the research again.
New reports and sightings are surrounded by possible manipulation of hoaxers or government manipulations (mostly just hot air lanterns)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Alien invasion of the UK?

I must of missed it.

The Ministry of Defence is currently investigating the recent sighting over Cardiff, to evaluate the military threat of these sightings. A police helicopter was chased and the craft showed signs of hostilities towards the police.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
showed signs of hostilities towards the police.

Not an unusual statement coming from the UK

So even the aliens have a problem with the police lol...

Sorry if you dont find that funny, just that tickled me.

sty

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
stupid pilots" running after a chinesse lantern!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Know what's funny? I have never seen a chinese lantern (that I know of anyway). I don't know anyone who has ever said they owned a chinese lantern. Odd that there seems to be so many of them around.

Edit to add: I have now looked up "Chinese Lanterns" on the internet. Here in the U.S., we would call them "floats" apparently. How they would get those huge things in the air is beyond me. Well, not really, I can see how it could TECHNICALLY be done, but it would be pretty expensive for a "practical joke".

[edit on 2-9-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Yeah, these Chinese lanterns have really screwed up solid UFO sightings.

Myself, when I see a topic or article headline that mentions "light in sky" UFO? I automatically think Oi! "Chinese lanterns !" don't waste my time!

So, like I've said recently many times...UFO research is back to square "one", nothing good recently to show we've been visited by "my favorite martian" or anyone else from the Universe or otherwise.

Just hoaxes and stories and lights in the sky.

The best evidence are the reports from the pasts in books by John Keel, Jacque Valle, Donald Keyhoe, Allen Hynek .....

These older classics are where you need to start the research again.
New reports and sightings are surrounded by possible manipulation of hoaxers or government manipulations (mostly just hot air lanterns)

Although I agree with you in regards to the chinese lanterns, I can't agree with the fact that Ufology has been put back. This year there has been a record number of ufo sightings. IMO 'the powers that be' know that with technology changing rapidly it will not be long now until something quite remarkable is recorded, something like a mass sighting or indeed a landing. Yes I know this has all been said before but theres something definately going on.

Once upon a time ufology was laughed at now its a different story, turning up in the news everyday.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Unfortunately I live in a UFO free zone of the UK. Namely East Yorkshire. HUFOS only update their site about once a year. Rest of the country, including Scotland
gets more action than the Humber Estuary region

top topics

join