It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing US hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Astonishing US hypocrisy

www.dailypioneer.com

Truth is that the end of the Cold War was perceived in Washington, DC as a heaven sent opportunity to construct a genuine global empire complete with 100 military bases spread over every continent. American journalist and commentator Thomas Fleming wrote the following passage way back in March 1999: "Now that the Soviet Empire belongs to history, and for the foreseeable future Germany is in no position to go back to rattling sabres, the United States is top dog -- unchallenged in its might, but irresponsible in its leadership and uncontrolled appetite for hegemony. Some American conservatives are already calling for an American 'imperium', which they have tried, unsuccessfully, to distinguish from an empire (Americans don't study Latin.) Whatever we call it, American adventurism is the greatest force for evil in the world today."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
this is one of the best articles ever written by Premen Addy , a famous Indian journalist , who has exposed the hypcrisy of the EVIL US empire and the horrendous atrocities committed by it ...

When guns blaze, and swords are drawn and ploughshares left to rust in the meadows, media barons, always on cue, take up their cudgels. It is the 21st century's primary trans-Atlantic predator proclaiming its corporatist lineage to Mussolini and Goebbels. The obscenity of Iraq's destruction and colossal human loss is transformed into a luminous triumph of the democratic will; US-armed Islamist jihadis once counted a blessing in the struggle to reduce and traduce Russia and, to a lesser degree, India; after 9/11 they became a curse.

The Pat Buchanan column began thus: "Mikhail Saakashvali's decision to to use the opening of the Olympic to cover Georgia's invasion of... South Ossetia must rank in stupidity with Gamel Abdul Nasser's decision to close the Straits of Tiran to Israeli ships." In the light of US bombing of Serbia and Israel's assault on Lebanon, "Is not Western hypocrisy astonishing?" he asks. Say it again Pat.

www.dailypioneer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

The US Democratic Party's obfuscated coronation of Mr Barack Obama as its candidate in November's presidential election was played out to tunes of primordial glory; in contrast the equally rousing call of the Russian Parliament that the breakaway Georgian enclaves of South Ossetia and Abkhazia be recognised as sovereign states is derided as xenophobia. Muslim Kosovo was detached from Orthodox Christian Serbia on the ground of self-determination and declared independent by American and EU decree, with cavalier disregard for Serbian sensitivities and over the vigorous objections of fellow Orthodox friend, Russia. But the elixir of Kosovo becomes hemlock when applied to areas where Western realpolitik affirms territorial integrity as a paramount principle. At such moments one is reminded of the stately Tory MP Edward du Cann striding down the corridors of the House of Commons, when a fellow MP stopped him to ask the time: "What time would you like it to be, old boy," he drawled, casting a languid look at his gold pocket watch. The anti-Russian vitriol over Georgia from America's good and great, products of motley national security think-tanks singing from a common hymn-sheet, says much for the jaundiced eyes of the beholder, there being nothing quite like the malignity of disappointed humanity.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i think you will find that every government, coporation, oragnisaton and person display some form of hypocrisy during their life time.

but this just feels like US bashing... quick everyone on the bandwagon.

USA must be the flavour of the month.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by purplemonkey]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Astonishing US hypocrisy......is this news???

Mind you India isnt too far behind in the hypocrisy stakes.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
i think you will find that every government, coporation, oragnisaton and person display some form of hypocrisy during their life time.

but this just feels like US bashing... quick everyone on the bandwagon.

USA must be the flavour of the month.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by purplemonkey]

Well if they didn't bring it upon themselves by acting in a manner so easy to bash, we wouldn't have such ammunition.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Every government is full of hypocrites.... And it usually involves peoples lives too.

Americas war on terrorism... when not long before Americans were actually funding terrorism against the UK.

Russia recognizing the Ossetia as separate. (Which we complain about even though we 'The UK' did pretty much the same thing with Ireland.)

It happens. We are all hypocritical at some point, but for us, the decision isn't normally as big so we don't notice it.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yes, it amazes me how we are so evil here in the US, so, it must be the US that tells the muslim people to stone their women to death, right? And that a loving God wants you to go kill all of the people in the US for being evil, right? I see were up early to start the old hate America ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hypocracy seen in others is the mere reflection of your own which you will not correct.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Yes, it amazes me how we are so evil here in the US, so, it mUS that tells the muslim people to stone their women to death,ust be the right? And that a loving God wants you to go kill all of the people in the US for being evil, right? I see were up early to start the old hate America ball rolling.

well, US supports Islamic regimes like Saudi Arabia etc..
so maybe , indirectly by not criticising them , and always praising Arabia
it gives some extremist muslim right to stone Woman to death....

also ,USA funded islaimists hence it can concluded that:

US that tells the muslim people to stone their women to death

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Yes, it amazes me how we are so evil here in the US, so, it must be the US that tells the muslim people to stone their women to death, right? And that a loving God wants you to go kill all of the people in the US for being evil, right? I see were up early to start the old hate America ball rolling.

And yet the British, where many Americans came from, once did exactly the same on much larger scales..... the Crusades anyone?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
hypocrisy? meh, small word to describe the state of the world and a mild insult compared to the war crimes evident. the thing is that the US is unlikely to be taken to task over the situation. the truth is, everybody a has the stomach and the resources to invade smaller countries or rape them of their wealth but no-one has the stomach or the resources to stop anybody else doing it.

none of the powers that be are innocent either, nor the people that support them, so we can sit here yelling hypocrisy's all we want, the truth is it just distracts from the lies and the murdering. the US shouldn't have invaded Iraq, Russia shouldn't have invaded Georgia, India has more than one region wishing to gain independence.

while i can sit here, and often do, levelling accusations at the various nations of the world for their various inhumanities i am also painfully aware that i am chucking stones in a glass house.

so i've no problem saying the US is hypocritical, and i've no issue saying it is often inhumane, but to call the US, or any other country, a force for EVIL is to assume that you yourself have the oversight and spotless morality required to judge their actions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The people of the US are among the most generous in the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
The people of the US are among the most generous in the world.

yes, they generously give Aid to allies in form of weapons

hint: israel,Georgia etc..

[edit on 2-9-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And not to you and your cause right?
And aid to disaster relief, food, medicine, books, missionaries, Technology, factories.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Last time I checked, many countries did that.

But they didn't drop 2 atom bobmbs on a country that had already agreed to surrender.

They didn't fund terrorism against a country and then ask said country to help them fight terrorism.

And you don't have a national health service meaning anyone can get the care they need.

Oh and the weapons aid they give...not always so much of an aid when you consider the bill that the UK had to pay for the weapons and vehicles we had to buy during WW2.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I just went and checked my closet, and my countries closet, and what did I find? Skeletons, yep, I have them and so does my country. Mason, there is a wise man who confronted a group of men who wanted to stone a woman. He said something that not only you, but others need to take to heart, and that is.....

"Let any man here who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Do what I did Mason, go check not only your closet, but your countries as well before bashing someone else.

Edit for an after thought: It seems to me that the people of Islam were stoning their own people long before we showed up.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You have nothing to say worth hearing since you make excuses for the most barbaric and inhumane act of stoning to death, which is tolerated and practiced by Islamists in Iran and the Talliban.

WARNING graphic video at this link, see what this guys hatred promotes,
www.apostatesofislam.com...

If you spoke out in those countries against their leaders you would be awaiting a fate worse than death.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Interesting that you use the image of Manmohan Singh as avatar.

Recall the Nostradamus warning of the terror which will be brought about by the man 'wearing the Blue Turban'...

what i'm getting at , is that all the elements of the drama are still to be played out...

the future 'Blue Turban' who brings about death & destruction,
will by necessity have to embrace hiprocracy
just as the USA has stealthly (to its own citizens) embraced with vigor the character of hiprocracy in its own dealings with the world community.

thanks,

[edit on 2-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

I have to admit, I do not have the stomach to watch the video. It is almost like a snuff film.

Anyway, I am an American and I am wondering what the point of this thread is. Is it to argue? Debate?

I would like to think that most of us on here have at least some knowledge of the sins of our government. We are an imperialist power- we get it. Not all of us agree with it- very few, actually. I think there are 300 million people in the US; I am not sure how many are adults, but I do know that only a handful are policy-makers.

I also suspect that just about every governemnt you look at will be corrupt. Power does what it wants. It's the way it works- it always has.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join