It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing US hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I must agree , with the OP , USA is the greatest war criminal of the 21st century and it behaves very hypocritically , this was exposed in russian georigan war

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Right so, 'The Muslims' all spend their entire day stoning their women?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"Honestly, your honor... her exact words were 'I wanna rock! Whip out a hard one for me!'"

Once again Manson asks us to believe that we U.S. citizens are evil, though he defends the wrongdoings of every other country on the planet. I assure you all, that if the U.S. vanished off the face of the earth there would be no reduction in the evil or violence this planet faces whatsoever.

The only thing that would happen, is none of these brainwashed hate mongers would know who to blame for it all anymore.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rinorino2
reply to post by FiatLux

Is that what I said? Please, quote me where I said that.

www.themuslimwoman.org...

Edit for link.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Another classic example is the article below where it clearly alludes to South America being within the US sphere of influence , and concern for their trade in arms from China and Russia. In light of their disregard for those very same concerns expressed by Russia and the US creating color revolutions in neighbouring nations, missile sites on it's borders and arming Georgia ..but that is the US for you , incredible duplicity and hypocrisy . One day social scientists will find a better word for actions of a nation that acts this way with scant knowledge nor regard that they are doing so . Somehow the word hypocrisy doesn't quite fit the bill, it's something far more than that .

Or maybe they did . Exceptionalism .. wasn't it ?

Diplomatic scene is changing in the U.S. backyard
aug 25 08

“The United States is growing increasingly apprehensive that China and Russia are selling arms to Latin American countries, including Venezuela,” said the Director of the Council of Hemispheric Affairs in Washington, Larry Birns. He adds that the change in U.S. naval forces also coincides with Latin America’s shift toward regional integration and move away from U.S. policies.

“The United States is beginning to worry about the rest of the world poaching on this region that traditionally has been favored as particularly close to the United States. So we have the resource diplomacy added to the military diplomacy on the part of China and Spain and Brazil and Russia — all selling arms. Venezuela is buying $2 billion worth of weapons from Russia. And China is a major seller of military equipment and a major buyer of energy, of oil,” said Birns. “So Latin America is getting rich from all of these sales just at the time that it’s becoming more and more politically defiant against the United States and determined to go its own way.”

Latin America is coming of age, said Birns, with Brazil spearheading regional coordination and new institutions that promote economic and political self-reliance. One example is the Union of South American Nations, or UNASUR, which, according to Birns, resembles the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the Organization of American States, or OAS

www.coha.org...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am that Russia is confronting the American imperialism that has ravaged this earth

I hope that Russia takes good care of this imperialist menace

Three cheers for Russia

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

Originally posted by Rinorino2
reply to post by FiatLux

Is that what I said? Please, quote me where I said that.

Edit for link.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by FiatLux]

whoever has written that article , does not know what shes talking about

Recently, in Bashika, Mosul, hundreds of men beat and stoned a 17 year old woman named Du’a Khalil Aswad to death, in a gruesome example of collective ‘honour killing’. The woman, a member of the Yezidi religion, which is practiced by Kurds in Northern Iraq, ran away from her family to join an Arab Muslim man with whom she had fallen in love and had been meeting secretly, but who rejected her. Damned under the ‘honour’ code, for running away, for choosing outside her own community and for being ultimately rejected, Du’a had nowhere to go.

Yezidi religion is not Islamic,Christian or

its a local kurdish religion which incorporates elements of pagan,christian ,jewish and some islamic elements ...

, by the way ,it was the yazidi who stoned her to death not muslims

he Yazidi community was affected by several acts of violence in 2007. In April, a group of Yazidi men stoned to death 17-year-old Du’a Khalil Aswad, allegedly for her involvement with a Muslim boy.
en.wikipedia.org...

next time , don't give sources of some blogwebsite ,

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Truly, I fear this particular 'divide and conquer' meme that is continually pressed.

Shall we discuss the various and sundry evils that ALL men do?

Why must 'America's' evils evoke such singular and focused judgment, I wonder? This is not a representation of an entire trans-continental population is it? It seems to claim as much.

While I know the United States government is rife with the same corruption manifesting itself globally, I can't seem to concede to the notion that any 'states' actions are directly attributable to it's citizens. There is no connection between the two, so to say that the 'US is hypocritical' is fallacious. The US government is clearly exemplary of hypocrisy in action.

But the nature and will of the people of this nation are not reflected by the actions of their government. To make such a claim of any group of people is a bit disingenuous, don't you think? It could be a form of hypocrisy in and of itself, no?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Ok Manson, what about the God you have that wants us all killed? Sounds more like a God of war then anything, is that what your God is? A God that wants his people to kill others?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Ok Manson, what about the God you have that wants us all killed? Sounds more like a God of war then anything, is that what your God is? A God that wants his people to kill others?

what,which God ??? I am a hindu and a worshipper of Lord Shiva ...

not a muslim ...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I stand corrected then Manson. Does your Lord Shiva want to see us dead? I`m sure our government is going to get a rude awakening one of these days, not only from the people here in this country, but from the rest of the world, bank on it. Would you like to see a war that will stop our government?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Fiat,
I am convinced manson is a troll. No way he actually believes all that tripe coming from his typing. I sincerely do. Let me pull some other innocent poster into his web and you take a much deserved break from this troll. I am growing tired of STARS I am applying to your posts anyway lol!
Vance

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Lol, thanks vance, I needed that. Oh man, I need coffee......where`s my coffee?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

I am convinced manson is a troll. No way he actually believes all that tripe coming from his typing.

firstly, I post fact , and i expose the true face of genocidal american fascist empire

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I stand corrected then Manson. Does your Lord Shiva want to see us dead? I`m sure our government is going to get a rude awakening one of these days, not only from the people here in this country, but from the rest of the world, bank on it. Would you like to see a war that will stop our government?
'

Does your Lord Shiva want to see us dead?

depends, because there are great signs being shown across the world , for the coming Apocalypse

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
manson, it's about cultural values, indians believe it's fine to have a class of people called untouchable, americans believe that their value system is so good that it is worth imposing on other countries. and of course, india doesn't have any areas where muslims would prefer self determination to dominance by a central, hindu controlled government.

your cries of hypocrisy do little but highlight the hypocrisy within your own country, or at least the country where most indian's reside.

i would have expected a follower of shiva to have a better understanding of the duality in the nature of everything.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know vance, I just can`t help myself, I just have to say this.

DEPENDS Manson? Your lord is divided in thought? This doesn`t show to many signs of your lord in a perfect state of being, now doesn`t it? This sounds more like a human being and not a lord. But hey, that`s ok Manson, we all have opinions and can express them just as your doing.

Myself, I believe in a creator(God) who is loving and wants all of us to love each other without wars or killing one another just because one may not have something the other does have, or because one does not agree with what the other is doing.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
firstly, I post fact , and i expose the true face of genocidal american fascist empire

Here's a little known story for you. Maybe you already read it, but I'm pretty sure you didn't post it here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

news.yahoo.com...

Even in flood, India's `untouchables' last rescued

By GAVIN RABINOWITZ, Associated Press Writer Gavin Rabinowitz, Associated Press Writer – Mon Sep 1, 1:53 pm ET
TRIVENIGANJ, India – In the two weeks since a monsoon-swollen river burst its banks, ancient prejudices have run just as deep as the floodwaters. India's "untouchables" are the last to be rescued — if at all — from a deluge that has killed dozens and made 1.2 million homeless.

Dalits, the social outcasts at the bottom of the Hindu caste ladder, have borne the brunt of the devastation as the rampaging Kosi River swamped hundreds of square miles in northern India after it overflowed and shifted its course dozens of miles to the east.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The link has the rest of the story.

So much for peace, love and understanding in India.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi All
This is the gist of it.

The USA has been in existence for 232 years and is a relative infant inrelationship to some countries that can document sever thousand if not ten thousand of years of history. So if we just use 10,000 years and round off USA to 200 years then the USA has been alive 1/500 th as long as most other nations. So other nations have five hundred times as much history of abuse, hypocracy, lies, murder, mayhem and oher sins than the USA.
Deal with the faults of others as gently as you do your own.
Usually those who accuse most loudly are doing so because of their own hidden faults which the have not the testosterone level to repair.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Nicely said.

I would add though that the volume of wisdom in our country is equal to any other. We are an amalgam of cultures and peoples. Our challenges therefore take on a flavor of its own. But I don't believe that longevity of a nation state speaks to their collective level of 'civilization.'

On the other hand, arrogance, is omnipresent in those who trust in themselves to be superior.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join