It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9.1.8 Great night for UFO watching in East/West US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm really bored of talking about the elections, pregnancies, Palins, and hurricanes.

I posted this OP about a month ago and thought I would resurrect it for tonight:

I was taking a gander at weather.com and the whole of Eastern and Western US is going to have a clear night. It's going to be cool, crispy for this time of year and not a cloud in the sky. And our alien friends are going to be avoiding Gustav, so they'll have to come our way. We gots em where we wants em.

Perfect night to grab a cold one and a camera, sit on the porch or lay down on the lawn, and stare at the heavens.

However, some reminders on how to post on ATS before you capture a UFO on camera:

1. Take a photography class at your local learning annex.
2. Purchase bout ten grand worth of photo/video equipment including tripods, lenses, Flir, etc.
3. Make sure you're there, prepared and looking up at the sky when UFOs appear.
4. Gather witnesses and have them sign a prepared release form.
5. Take picture/video from different angles simultaneously.
6. Immediately place cameras into evidentiary Ziploc.
7. Have said Ziploc sealed by any cast member of CSI or a real CSI.
8. Document this procedure legally by having it notarized. (remember to always have a notary public with you)
9. Have someone take a picture of you, the witnesses, the UFO, the CSI, and the notary public, and have that notarized.
10. Send to ATS

There is a small chance that you might not have all of the above mentioned ducks in a row. Never mind, take a pic of the UFO anyway, you can get the rest of the stuff later.

Anyway, I'll be looking at the stars tonight, I hope you are too.
I look forward to lots of cool pics by the end of the night.
I'm feeling it tonight.
Let's do what ATSers do best, look to the skies with hope and wonder.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

How about me using a Sony camcorder older than dirt because it has a way to click a button and then focus manually without having to go through all the menues on the newer ones. It also uses the old HI8 tapes
and takes much better video than my $350 HD drive JVC. Anyone interested in my JVC? It has all the accessories and is very cool.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm right behind you i don't have anything to do tonight any way. and your defiantly going to have to trust me if a get a picture lol unless you have the money to send all the stuff on the list my way. happy hunting

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neonine

That's the spirit.
Everybody gets a star on this thread.
Except for alien poopers. (that doesn't sound right)

I'm gonna grab my camera round 10pm and drive 10-15 miles out of DC to Great Falls MD, sit by the river with a beverage and my dog and watch the sky for a while. Even if I don't see ET it will be worth it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i don't care if i see anything ether just a great chance for me to relax.
i advise evey that reads this to do it. take a load off for a few

schrodingers dog thanks for rekindling the idea

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That's it?
We're going to have just 3 people looking up tonight?
You can do it after "Prison Break" you know?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

sounds good captain...

count me in!

thanks for the thread

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'll take a gander at the sky when I go out for my nightly bowls

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
I'll take a gander at the sky when I go out for my nightly bowls

I don't understand what that means.
Nightly bowls?
As long as you look up while you do that.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sounds like the same thing me and my ol lady do just about every night. I'll try my hardest to get a good ATS acceptable pic.... Even if i get one i'm sure the trolls will debunk me within one page any way. Good luck all! i'll be watching.

Patrick

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Do it. I watched the sky for a hour or so late Saturday night and saw two ufos. I had seen one before in 2001 but didn't tell too many people about it. On Saturday night I saw two of a similar flashing light type ufo. I have reported it to NUFORC. Should I report it elsewhere? I did not want to leave what I was witnessing to get a camera. I would start a thread but I have no pictures so not really any point except for annecdotal evidence. I will be watching the sky a lot more from now on.

top topics

join