It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Makes History: First Spotless Month in a Century

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Does Mars have greenhouse gasses?

Last time I checked it wasn't a big ball of ice.

How about the moon? What's the greenhouse gas makeup surrounding the moon?

Logic ignored. ^^^

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I'm holding my breath for ALGORE to make a statement blaming human activity for this situation.

Just call me Blue!

I can see it now, "Vehicle emissions are also to blame for this sudden mini-ice age that is happening, give me more money and another nobel peace prize".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
this sunspot thread has turned into a thread about global warming... let's keep it on track here guys!

i understand both have to do with the sun, but there're plenty of global warming threads on this site that answer lots of the questions i see...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Any man that invented the internet should be able to sell whatever he likes...and it is a priveledge to buy from him...

***did you note the sarcasm***

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The sun has 11 year cycles, so today's new lows are tomorrow's new highs. Long periods of spotlessness means this protracted solar minimum precedes an extreme solar maximum.

Scientists Predict Big Solar Cycle NASA

Dec. 21, 2006: Evidence is mounting: the next solar cycle is going to be a big one.

Solar cycle 24, due to peak in 2010 or 2011 "looks like its going to be one of the most intense cycles since record-keeping began almost 400 years ago," says solar physicist David Hathaway of the Marshall Space Flight Center. He and colleague Robert Wilson presented this conclusion last week at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco.

Lots of relevant data and links here:
ATS: Severe Geomagnetic Storm Research Project

CH339 area is what is deemed as a coronal hole and the stream from it can make the geomagnetic field quite active.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Could it be that the 'rise' in global temperature that some have been screaming their fool heads off about for the last couple of years might just be a naturally occurring cyclical temperature compensation that is part of the ecosystem's feedback to a recurring solar event?

A huge analysis was done and came to the conclusion that there is indeed a link between the sun cycles and the warming/cooling cycles on Earth BUT, huge BUT the last 2 decades are outwith the cycles and there is another influence. The skeptics conveniently didn't read the analysis all the way through and neither did the press at the time (not the press ever read anything fully and report it accurately anyway)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join