It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Makes History: First Spotless Month in a Century

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
reply to post by kinda kurious

Probably due to human CO2 emissions, just like the Global Warming, in every planet in the solar system...
Boy, our SUV's sure get the job done...

^^^ "Big Oil" propaganda!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

"The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)."

"Solar physicist David Hathaway of the National Space Science & Technology Center (NSSTC) explains: "First, remember what sunspots are--tangled knots of magnetism generated by the sun's inner dynamo."

"The belt was turning fast in 1986-1996," says Hathaway. "Old magnetic fields swept up then should re-appear as big sunspots in 2010-2011."

"Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011."

Its coming.
Could this be what nibiru is?
A new Solar maximum?Shooting something out of the sun?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

BTW - Isn't selling a "carbon credit" pretty much the same as selling an "indulgence?"

Yes wasn't there another religion besides the green religion that granted forgiveness for a small (or large) monatary consideration? Sometime in the dark ages I think.... (Not the present dark age)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
what would happen if you drilled a hole from the bottom of the atlantic ocean to the bottom of the pacific ocean. would this cause the planet to do anything weird.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So, is this the right time to start buying Huskies?

I'm very skeptical of anything weather related. And we also have to factor in the chemtrail weather manipulation into the big picture if we are to have a clue of what is really going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
We are arrogant to think that we (humans) are able to do anything that would cause global warming.

The detailed mechanism by which the polar ozone holes form is different from that for the mid-latitude thinning, but the most important process in both trends is catalytic destruction of ozone by atomic chlorine and bromine.[1] The main source of these halogen atoms in the stratosphere is photodissociation of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) compounds, commonly called freons, and of bromofluorocarbon compounds known as halons. These compounds are transported into the stratosphere after being emitted at the surface. Both ozone depletion mechanisms strengthened as emissions of CFCs and halons increased.

This to illustrate the incorrectness of your premise by way of comparison to a similar if unrelated problem.

We are arrogant to think that we (humans) are able to do anything that would stop or change global warming.

To some extent, CFCs have been replaced by the less damaging hydro-chloro-fluoro-carbons (HCFCs), although concerns remain regarding HCFCs also. In some applications, hydro-fluoro-carbons (HFCs) have been used to replace CFCs. HFCs, which contain no chlorine or bromine, do not contribute at all to ozone depletion although they are potent greenhouse gases. The best known of these compounds is probably HFC-134a (R-134a), which in the United States has largely replaced CFC-12 (R-12) in automobile air conditioners. In laboratory analytics (a former "essential" use) the ozone depleting substances can be replaced with various other solvents.[28]

This to illustrate the incorrectness of your premise that we (humans) cannot reverse course and repair the issue.

We are arrogant to think that we (humans) are smart enough to understand the complex relationships (including the sun) that regulate our planet's climate.

That ozone depletion takes place is not seriously disputed in the scientific community.[41] There is a consensus among atmospheric physicists and chemists that the scientific understanding has now reached a level where countermeasures to control CFC emissions are justified, although the decision is ultimately one for policy-makers.
Despite this consensus, the science behind ozone depletion remains complex,

This to demonstrate that a complex relationships are challenging to understand, but that it is done every day by people who get off their butts and apply the elbow grease.

Source

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Problem is, ozone depletion from CFC's has nothing to do with the man-made global warming hoax, other than being a piece of unrelated evidence that is held up to the uneducated to make them think there is real science behind it. CFC interaction with ozone is a repeatable, scientific interaction. VERY different from the subject which the poster was addressing, that of "man-made" global warming.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People must wake up and question every one of our politician's motives. Al Gore, like his father, got his start with the Tennessee Valley Association. Big Al was a proponent of government funded nuclear power. His net worth has increased 100 fold since retiring from the govt. It is very likely he is still on the payroll of the nuke power lobby.

I'm all for nuke power and totally against half-baked, non science and nefarious motivations of people like Al Gore who take us for idiots. MMGW is impossible to prove. The amount of variables which affect global warming is huge, more difficult yet are measuring many of them. Sunspots do not increase the radiance of the sun. Their magnetic fields have an effect on cloud formation on earth which insulates the planet and increased GW. We do not have meaningful data before the 70's on mean, global cloud cover. Undersea volcanic activity increases the tempreture of the ocean, which some GW alarmists use as proof of GW. How much of the rise in the oceans' temp is caused by under water volcanic activity? Nobody knows because all of the volcanoes are not being measured.

Al Gore is a pompous ass for proposing MMGW and John McCain is an even bigger idiot for proposing legislation to combat it. I feel so grateful for ATS. This forum gives me hope that all Americans are not asleep but somebody please tell me how a single American can have an affect on his government. How can I compete with the nuke lobby and fat jerk-offs like Al Gore and weasels like John McCain? Posted by Zarp3333

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The HAM / CB Radio operators amongst us can verify that
the solar disturbances have been few to none the second
half of this summer.

We use ionospheric phenomena as a conduit for long range
communications / QSL. It has been near impossible to "DX"
the past several weeks.

It's a shame too as I just bought one heck of a radio rig and
haven't been able to even test it yet.

As someone said, this is definitely the calm before the storm.
Like a volcano, the sun has to build up pressure to eject matter
the way it does.

Unless our dear SOL is dying, there must be fairly evenly
distributed pressure building right now. When the matter finds
a way out I would venture to say it's going to to be quite a light
show or a slow but wide dispersal!!!

Hopefully I can get back to DX land soon. I'm hoping more yet
that it isn't one large ejection pointed our way!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Excellent post Kurious,

And timely.

I had another email conversation with tempestologist Dr. Kerry Emmanuel

at MIT, who has 'made waves' by his calculation of increased hurricane

intensity and number starting around the time of Katrina...

Emmanual does not believe solar flares/ cme's/ and sunspots have a

measurable effect on currents, storm strength, or ocean/atmospheric

temperatures. But this article has changed our view on this.

There have been some curious theories floated since, one by Dr. Habibullo

Abdumassatov at St. Petersburg (Polkatov) Observatory, and my

communications with him enlightened me to the fact the sun's power output

'oscillates' and has actually reached a record maximum as reported by the Max

Planck institute (just following the last cycle's peak around 2001-3).

It seems possible that a large body closing in on the inner solar

system (you guessed correct, a Planet X type body or host) would

alter the sun's patterns in a historic fashion. Well, even john titor noted

"it is much colder now" (in our future). So it seems plausible we may be

witnessing an extreme dip (mauser minimum like) in sunspot number,

before a historic high in sunspots and flares (even compared with 2001-3

with 3 X class record flares) er, around 2012. There's that darn year again! darn!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No, because Mars is heating up also.... We just have'nt sent the memo to them yet about the excesive use of UFO's on Mars!!

Those aliens and their element 115 guzzling UFO's!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread387161/pg2#pid4908579]post

Take a look at the actual sunspot data. A very quiet sunspot minima usually precedes a quiet cycle. The last three cycles have been very active. Besides we are due for a quiet cycle. I think the long cycle is somewhere around every 87 to 100 years, so expect a cool winter.

(I am in the south and my equines started growing winter coats at the beginning of August!)

www.dxlc.com...

Individual graphs of each cycle for 1 to 20 are at: Solar cycles 1-20 www.dxlc.com...

And the last three cycles 21, 22, and 23 can be seen at www.dxlc.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Pait
what would happen if you drilled a hole from the bottom of the atlantic ocean to the bottom of the pacific ocean. would this cause the planet to do anything weird.

You couldnt do it.They have tried they could only get so far and every attempt afterward the drill broke.It gets to hot.They tried everything.Can only go a certain distance before the molten lava destroys anything you use.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think that even Al Gore does not believe what he is saying, but does it for reasons unknown to us.I agree there is or was a global warming, but I can't say we are to blame.
Maybe to make people use less oil because we are at peak production, or to promote biofuels to create a food crisis.
Just my paranoia
I like to "preemptively suspect" everyone

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Who cares, buy the Huskies anyway. They are such great companions...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yep, oil companies are so powerful, these days...
Imagine, they even managed to invent the Medieval Warm Period, the Little Ice Age, the increased sun activity...What will they think of next?
Hey, with all the money they managed to accumulate, they probably bought the Sun, it has become a mere puppet, in their attempt of global domination...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

How many MPG do you think one of those things does?

It's just, I will be getting a new rig soon...no, forget it, since you say they are so bad for Mars, what would they do to precious mother earth?
Guess I'll be getting another huge SUV.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
I think that even Al Gore does not believe what he is saying, but does it for reasons unknown to us.I agree there is or was a global warming, but I can't say we are to blame.
Maybe to make people use less oil because we are at peak production, or to promote biofuels to create a food crisis.
Just my paranoia
I like to "preemptively suspect" everyone

Maybe Al Greed...Gore had to pay the debts from his campaign? Besides, the huge tax he pays, for being a waste of Oxygen...

There have been uncountable global warming, and global cooling periods, since the earth exists, a lot fewer since humans exist...

Don't know about peak production, but I do know that countries like China, India, Russia, and a few others, are increasing their per capita energy consumption, by so much, that even if oil production increases, the demand for it will increase even more...

As for killing starving most of the planet, I don't think you are wrong. Either the radical Gorians (is there such a species?)are stupid, and didn't realize that using food crops, or crop lands, would cause massive food shortages, which I doubt, or, more probable, they do want to increase the price of food, or the value of farm lands...

Or, was it all just a campaign, in order to sell one of the worst "cars" ever made, the Prius???

So, Toyota is behind all this Global Warming s*it.....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I believe that Global warming is a natural event. Lets just hope it doesn't become global frying.
So i don't think humans are at fault but a small % .... BUT and i mean a big BUT...
Humans are behind the Texas sized plastic garbage that is in the Pacific ocean and Pollution is causing dead zones in the oceans.
Pollution is causing unhealthy SMOG. Yeah we are not be able to damage the planet beyond repair but we sure can kill ourselves off by polluting our delicate system. So people don't be arrogant or ignorant. Be kind. Don't pollute, period.

This is what Humans caused not the Sun's fault for this.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Pait

I think attempting such a thing would be weird enough .

If you imagine the world was an apple , we haven`t even broken the skin apparently. You can thank Bill Bryson for that little nugget.

I don`t know what kind of weather you guys have had this summer , but here in Ireland , its been like a Monsoon, we get a good share of rainfall in the "Green Isle ".........but this is ridiculous .

Getting back on topic, its seems we`re left matching theories with vested interests . If in time it is found that indeed the majority of the scientific community did "cry wolf", it will be next to impossible to mobilise the masses should another disaster loom on the horizon.

edit; duplicate word

[edit on 2-9-2008 by UmbraSumus]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join