It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain talks about Palin's National Security Experience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Not only has it been pointed out that Palin doesn't have any role in the coordination of the Alaskan National Guard activities, someone way back on the first page of this thread confused the issue (I'm assuming deliberately) to drum up hype for what anyone with a rational mind knows is a grossly unexperienced woman.

To paraphrase from the battalion's pr website, the 200 national guardsmen are military police that are charded with guarding the missiles! These people don't have any duties when it comes to the deployment of the missiles WHATSOEVER. They are a support unit to the US Army's ACTIVE DUTY BASE!

Please, this line of reasoning is ridiculous. These people aren't even there full time. There is a division of ACTIVE DUTY military there. Something the governor DOES NOT control!

Secondly, why does everyone want to compare Palin to Obama? They aren't even bidding for the same office. It is as if Biden and McCain aren't even there! This is by design folks. This is the calculated step the McCain took to take peoples' attention away from the fact that electing McCain would be the worst folly the American Voter ever made. As one of the pundits said not too long ago: "McCain would make Cheney look like Ghandi."

I also believe that someone from an earlier thread laid out the campaigns, per candidate, experience and Obama and Biden have it hands down.

I've got an idea compare the issues' substance rather than the substance of the candidates. What does McCain want to do vs. what does Obama want to do? What does Biden bring to the table vs. what does Palin bring to the table?

This is a clear-cut issue in my mind. I'm amazed people are even giving this yes sir Barbie wannabe serious attention at all. She appeals to evangelical votes, but McCain had that block sewn up already. She screams about how she is a hunter. Great, she won't support the abolishment of the second amendment. She has one point on the dems there.

It really stops there, though. A vote for McCain may allow you to keep your guns for the time being, but it also pretty much sews up the fact that you'll need them sooner than later cause he is bringing big brother with him. And he'll also bring along the disdain of every other industrialized nation in the world. And even more rampant hatred from the frequently bullied middle-eastern and central-asian countries.

Choose wisely folks, time is running out.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takaris

Ok, that was silly.

I am not informed then please tell me...what you are talking about. Which part am I not informed about? If you have some information please share it. I have seen nothing about her activities in her bio, news reports or any source. I have have seen some blurbs about her hitting Iraq for a day or two but nothing more. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

I am not going to spend the time comparing who has more overseas travel.

To say little would be accurate for both sides, so I see no relevance in this debate.

Ok, I will say it is my OPINION that she is probably clueless.

And it is my opinion that any governor of any state in the US is far from clueless.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takaris

Obama's character as well has his diversity can make a difference.

Are you talking about character he showed with his several attempts and failures as a community activist, his failure to remove the partisan blinders and admit the surge was a success, or maybe it was his statement about how it punishes a mother to have to keep an unwanted, yet healthy pregnancy?

The simple fact that America is willing to make a change is evidence enough that things around the globe can change with it. Obama has been criticized again and again for his views on negotiations and diplomacy with rogue and questionable nations. The question is do we need more dead Americans as we try to police the world? Do we need to fight every country we do not agree with ideologically? ... that is just my opinion though.

When Bush visited Germany people burned American flags. When he visited it was a sign that something was in the air.

You should ask yourself what could be worse then an administration that literally tore down diplomacy in favor or in favor of their plans of Iraq occupation. Where an administration has threatened and angered every nation on the globe including Great Britain (where one of the largest anti-iraq protests were held). Where the administration has forgotten national interests and failed at most of their policies. (could be Clinton's fault but who knows.)

Then you ask yourself why McCain supported a large majority of the Bush policies.

All you have done is regurgitate the left wing talking points.

I want to see an example of something he has actually done that demonstrates this character you are so sure he has.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
I want to see an example of something he has actually done that demonstrates this character you are so sure he has.

If you REALLY want to see, the examples are numerous. All you have to do is look at the man's Record in the Illinois State Senate, his history of Caring for and Knowledge of the Environment, his Experience and peruse his Voting Record to understand the character of the man.

If you DON'T want to see (which I suspect is more true), then keep up with those talking points you were talking about.

Now, could we take the Obama's experience posts somewhere else? Maybe to this thread. That's not what this thread is about. Thanks.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If you REALLY want to see, the examples are numerous. All you have to do is look at the man's Record in the Illinois State Senate, his history of Caring for and Knowledge of the Environment, his Experience and peruse his Voting Record to understand the character of the man.

His voting record does nothing but show his ability to toe the party line, which flies in the face of the so called campaign of change he is running on.

Now, could we take the Obama's experience posts somewhere else? Maybe to this thread. That's not what this thread is about. Thanks.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

You are right, my bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wrong post

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Can anyone explain when this "executive experience" became the new punchline. I know when Clinton was running for President no one talked about his executive experience.

We all know, or should know where "W"s executive experience has led us. If being a governor gives you more foriegn and national security policy credentials than any other government position, the Palin is more qualified to be President than McCain is.

I'm sorry, I know that right wingers do not want us to ask this question.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
His voting record does nothing but show his ability to toe the party line, which flies in the face of the so called campaign of change he is running on.

You obviously didn't look through the links because there wasn't time and you are WRONG. Obama has a reputation of reaching across the aisle and is 46th on the list of most liberal senators.

You are believing the talking points you hear instead of doing your own research. That's OK, but you cannot successfully argue with someone who actually HAS researched and made up their own mind, instead of having it made up by those stupid talking points you hate so much.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
Can anyone explain when this "executive experience" became the new punchline.

When the GOP chose someone with so little experience.

I'm sorry, I know that right wingers do not want us to ask this question.

I have never heard anyone talk about someone's executive experience before this.

Keep in mind, Abraham Lincoln and JFK had No Executive Experience, but GW Bush, Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon did...

Now tell me. How does having "executive experience" favor a president?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You obviously didn't look through the links because there wasn't time and you are WRONG. Obama has a reputation of reaching across the aisle and is 46th on the list of most liberal senators.

I guess thats why he has been moving towards the center on the issues the last several months.

You are believing the talking points you hear instead of doing your own research. That's OK, but you cannot successfully argue with someone who actually HAS researched and made up their own mind, instead of having it made up by those stupid talking points you hate so much.

I have researched and all I can find is a voter record that supports current bureaucrasy as we know it, not change.

But I digress, this is off topic...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Heretic;

That is what I would like to know as well. Also, when did people start to think Cindy McCain would have an answer to any of our problems. She has absolutely nothing in common with the average citizen.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Alaska is the only state that ONLY borders foreign countries.

*Cough* Hawaii *cough*

welcome back jamie... glad to know you still haven't lost touch with your fact creatin' self!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Recent developments regarding Mrs. Palins inability to "Govern" her own family make me wonder how she could possibly run a state or for that matter.......a country.

rawstory.com...

Seems they do more than "rub noses" up there when its cold.

(Sorry to stoop so low, but after reading other posts...tit for tat.)

McCain has simply re-arranged the deck chairs on the Titanic.

regards.....kk

[edit on 1-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Hawaii doesn't border anything but 2,000 miles of Pacific Ocean in all directions. Hawaii is far removed from nearly all influence aside from US Military presence and Japanese tourists.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Ok....and how does Alaska border Russia?

Did they build a bridge?.....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

... Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia. It’s not as if she doesn’t understand what’s at stake here.

I don't like (what I perceive as) fear mongering here.
Don't like it at all.
We have enough on our plate without little back door flaps to escalate the hype concerning the dangerous situation between the USA and Russia at the moment.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This Palin lady is getting owned left and right by every single news agency and every single person that is close to her and really knows her.

So much information has come to light in the past few days that proves with out a doubt this woman is in no way ready to lead the most powerful nation on the planet(thats all we really care about, if something happens to McCain, the oldest presidential candidate in US history, will she be ready to step up and command our massive nation which is 300 times more populous than her entire home state and is full of 99% of people that are completely different from her and everyone in her state).

Alaska National Guard General: Palin Plays No Role In National Defense Activities Even When They Involve The Alaska National Guard
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Palin thinks Pledge written by Founding Fathers
www.dailykos.com...
She still doesn't get it!

More indepth information on the trooper scandal:

McCain continues to show signs of short term memory loss, AGAIN!

Flame me all you want, but I won't hear about it because I won't come back to this thread to hear all the counter arguments, merely because no one ever seems to pay attention to the facts behind all the things that people claim give her "experience" when they don't even bother trying to find out all the details. Sure, she is Governor of a state and has some interaction with the National Guard, but she has absolutely no experience in national defence via the National Guard because it is 100% federally run when it deals with national defence. You really think this 42 year old PTA mom is capable of defending the Alaskan front?
Our federal government would never let her have command in defensive or offensive military/national guard operations, thats the biggest mistake everyone has made when they try and use the idea that she commands the National Guard, and its going to cost McCain the election.

Thanks for the Win McCain, we are glad he is deciding to give up his campaign in favor of Obama, you the Man Mcflipflopper!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First as some others have pointed out......Alaska borders 2 provinces in ONE country, Canada.

She has no dealings with Russia AT ALL( and up to a couple of weeks ago, Russia was your friend) and the dealings she has with the 2 Canadian provinces would have nothing more to do than simple, local, regional concerns. IE, local infrastructure and minor trading. She hasn't had any "treaty" discussions with Canada. That is all looked after through NAFTA...under federal jurisdiction. She has never met with the Prime Minister of Canada to discuss anything of any significance( and she hasn't met with him at all as far as I can find), let alone met with Putin lol. She has no control or say over ANY major US military installations in Alaska. She has been gov for 2 years. Her biggest achievement was to stop the ridiculous $400 mil bridge, that already had been blocked at a federal level.

She's the mother of 5 kids ( and all other nominees are parents as well, so I don't see how this is an "experience talking point"). Unfortunately she has a dis-abled son and a 17 year pregnant daughter. Her plate looks pretty full already. Perhaps she'll appeal to the Jamie Lynn Spears vote and even some Nascar crowd( her daughter is named Bristol) lol.

Seriously though, I can see where the Rep thought she would shore up some voter holes......female, NRA, working class, etc., but the thing is people wanted Hillary because she had ALOT of international experience. Palin has NONE!

If McCain and Palin are elected, I fear for the US. Statistically speaking ( yes due to McCain age) if she were to step in for President, you'll be screwed. Infact it's quite frightening. Since this is a conspiracy site, I'll throw out that maybe this is the PNAC plan. Elect McCain....he dies from natural causes..wink, wink. Install a very inexperienced person, and "Don't worry dear, we'll help you through all this". A female puppet Bush lol.

OT....I am so sick of the US's campaign length....it's been going on for years. In Canada, an election is called and it held within a couple of months. No time for all this BS and spin. And yes, it still works out fine, even if the one you didn't want gets in power. We have a legislative government that tries to represent the country as a whole, regardless as to who is in power.

Ahhhh....I shouldn't talk, we have a born again NeoCon running the show now, but at least it looks like we're having an election this fall. Time to mobilize!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MaynardisGod

Originally posted by MaynardisGod
This Palin lady is getting owned left and right by every single news agency and every single person that is close to her and really knows her.

So much information has come to light in the past few days that proves with out a doubt this woman is in no way ready to lead the most powerful nation on the planet(thats all we really care about, if something happens to McCain, the oldest presidential candidate in US history, will she be ready to step up and command our massive nation which is 300 times more populous than her entire home state and is full of 99% of people that are completely different from her and everyone in her state).

Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Barack Obama and Joe Biden combined. Decision making experience.

And no US President governs alone. Never have, never will. They surround themselves with advisors who counsel them and inform them. The final decision, which is an executive ability, rests with them.

Joe Biden and Barack Obama do nothing but sit in committee meetings. They are one voice out of a hundred. Their vote rarely, if ever, carries any weight on the final decisions.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Barack Obama and Joe Biden combined. Decision making experience.

She sure does.

She also has more than McCain

So - by your standards, why isnt she the Presidential nomination?

Joe Biden and Barack Obama do nothing but sit in committee meetings. They are one voice out of a hundred. Their vote rarely, if ever, carries any weight on the final decisions.

So...aside from deciding who uses the village bicycle next...

what decisions has Palin made?

You have yet - after numerous requests from myself, and many others - been able to provide us with this information

Sure - she can talk a good game...but so can anyone..even you

the problem is that you, and palin alike, have nothing to back up your talking points with

you keep talking non-stop in hopes SOMEONE will hear you and actually believe it.

Guess what?

They don't.

Show me major decisions Palin as made as governor

because frankly - i cant' find any.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join