It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain talks about Palin's National Security Experience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

So - by your standards, why isnt she the Presidential nomination?

Because she wasn't running?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

The only thing more hilarious than Palin on a VP ticket is if your party were to elect her for the President position its self

OMG

Could you imagine if someone as dull, weak minded, and gullible as Mayor Palin was in the office of the POTUS?

ROFL

The terrorists would come out of the wood work, and we'd find Mayor Palin hiding under her desk crying for someone to come help her

guess what?

Bush and Co. would be right there to "lend their experience" and ruin our country all the more.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some of Obama's votes really worry me, such as:

S Amdt 1184: Denying Legal Status for Immigrants Convicted of Certain Crimes

Vote to pass an amendment that would prohibit undocumented immigrants convicted of aggravated felonies, domestic violence, stalking, violation of protection orders, crimes against children, or crimes relating to the illegal purchase or sale of firearms, from gaining legal status.

He voted against this bill.

And on Environmental issues, he voted NV on more than 50% of the chances he had to cast a vote.

On the very import issue of child protection, he cast a troubling vote against
Bill Number: S 403, the Child Custody Protection Act, a bill that:

Highlights:

- Makes it illegal, excluding the minor's parents, to knowingly transport a pregnant minor across state lines in order to obtain an abortion, as a way to escape state laws requiring parental consent (Sec 2431(a)(1))

- Establishes a fine and/or up to one year of imprisonment for anyone who violates this law (Sec 2431 (a)(1))

- Provides an exception to the law if the life of the minor is endangered (Sec 2431(b)(1))

- Makes it a crime to knowingly transport a minor across state lines to get an abortion after committing incest with a minor (Sec 2432)

This guy is way too far fringe element for me.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So i request things Palin has done....and you cant provide

instead you talk about things Obama has done?

Isnt this thread about palins national security experience and things she's done to prove there is a lack there of?

Can you give us anything on Palin?

Or is Rush Limbaughs words enough for you to believe in the majesty?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

So...aside from deciding who uses the village bicycle next...

what decisions has Palin made?

You have yet - after numerous requests from myself, and many others - been able to provide us with this information

If we're going to have a discussion, you need to cease with the lies and exaggerations.

Show me one instance where you, or anyone else, has asked me for information an Ms. Palin and I have not supplied it.

Please.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am deeply saddened by some of the responses here, made by members who have taken pledges to elevate the quality of political discussion on ATS.

I will not respond to such posts.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'll put the question forth formally then.

What major decisions has Palin made nationally, let alone internationally and what major world leaders has Palin met with in order to discus international issues or even just chat?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Connector]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

The only thing more hilarious than Palin on a VP ticket is if your party were to elect her for the President position its self

OMG

Could you imagine if someone as dull, weak minded, and gullible as Mayor Palin was in the office of the POTUS?

ROFL

The terrorists would come out of the wood work, and we'd find Mayor Palin hiding under her desk crying for someone to come help her

guess what?

Bush and Co. would be right there to "lend their experience" and ruin our country all the more.

Um, do you even think before you post? Doesn't your bicycle tire need air or something...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

OKay - you can kop-out and fall back on the pledge if you want.

Its not breaking the pledge to call you out on being unable to supply a simple request:

Give us examples of decisions Palin has had to make as a Governor.
Major examples too

"what color shoes go with this lipstick" isnt a Governish decision you should qualify as worth of example.

She has 20 months experience as a Gov.

What has she done?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Um, do you even think before you post? Doesn't your bicycle tire need air or something...

Yeah - i do think before i post.
Which is why i dont post information to support McCain and Palin.

You are posting information to support Palin that defeats McCain.

So ... you support Palin, but think McCain is unqualified? Because thats exactly what you're saying when you say Palin has more experience being President than Biden or Obama.

Because Biden and Obama's experience is identical to McCains: Its the Senate.

Why can you not address this and continue to avoid it?

Because you're scared, desperate, and you're lying.

You cannot prove anything about Palin. You have been unable to provide me or anyone else ith a single instance of something she's had to make a decision on as Alaskan Governor...period.

She is anti women rights
She is anti gay rights
She has a very distorted view of immigration
She has no opinion on the space program

what does she boast that you find so appealing?
Other than Rush Limbaugh telling you she is great?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Originally posted by Connector

I'll put the question forth formally then.

What major decisions has Palin made nationally, let alone internationally and what major world leaders has Palin met with in order to discus international issues or even just chat?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Connector]

Keep the question in context with her position: Governor of a State.

Governors make state level decisions.

But they do make numerous decisions every day. Unlike Senators, who have extremely little responsibility and almost no decision-making power.

That's why we have had only one US Senator as President in the last 48 years. And many governors as President.

Regardless, neither Biden nor Obama have made any major national decisions. They do not have that power.

Edit: bb code

[edit on 1-9-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So ... you support Palin, but think McCain is unqualified? Because thats exactly what you're saying when you say Palin has more experience being President than Biden or Obama.

Because Biden and Obama's experience is identical to McCains: Its the Senate.

I disagree. McCain also served in the Air Force as a captain whose decisions directly affected the lives of his men.

Why can you not address this and continue to avoid it?

Um...can you elaborate?

You cannot prove anything about Palin. You have been unable to provide me or anyone else ith a single instance of something she's had to make a decision on as Alaskan Governor...period.

To you I cannot, you have already made your desicion regardless of the facts.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This thread is about Palin's international experience and you have come up with none.

OK....down to a state level then, what major decision's has Palin made since she's been in office (and don't say the $400 mil bridge because that was shot down along time ago)? Has she even had any talks with the 2 Canadian provinces that border Alaska?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Okay

all i need to know is you can't answer the questions

thats good enough for me.

You can dance around that Bush very well.

I disagree. McCain also served in the Air Force as a captain whose decisions directly affected the lives of his men.

So now military experience is required to be POTUS?

I could name off a war and piece book sized list of ex-military american citizens who with skitzo and killed several people

since they have military experience, does that make them qualified for POTUS?

If Palin is more eligible for VP than Obama is for POTUS and Biden is for VP because she has 20 months experience in a governorship in which she has made zero decisions of importantance

then she is also more qualified than McCain

Congratulations

you make no sense

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
This thread is about Palin's international experience and you have come up with none.

Actually, if you want to get to the point, this thread is about Cindy McCain saying Palin has international experience....based on her geographic proximity to Russia.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
lol....I stand corrected! Deny Ignorance!

her's another line to make the post legit

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

OKay - you can kop-out and fall back on the pledge if you want.

Its not breaking the pledge to call you out on being unable to supply a simple request:

Give us examples of decisions Palin has had to make as a Governor.
Major examples too

When you answer my first question then I may respond to your request. You need to answer it or retract it and admit your error.

Show me one instance where you, or anyone else, has asked me for information on Ms. Palin and I have not supplied it.

Please.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

all i need to know is you can't answer the questions

thats good enough for me.

You can dance around that Bush very well.

What are you trying to say here, that the truth appears to you as a bush?

So now military experience is required to be POTUS?

Well I think we can agree that there isn't much on either side so shouldn't every little bit count?

I could name off a war and piece book sized list of ex-military american citizens who with skitzo and killed several people

since they have military experience, does that make them qualified for POTUS?

If Palin is more eligible for VP than Obama is for POTUS and Biden is for VP because she has 20 months experience in a governorship in which she has made zero decisions of importantance

then she is also more qualified than McCain

Congratulations

None of this qualifies them to be POTUS. It does show desicion making experience.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thank you, Valhall. I was just going to post and ask people to start another thread to talk about this off-topic stuff.
I keep looking here to see the new posts and they're totally off topic.

Threads are free.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A 26 second excerpt from a video is a poor example of Sarah Palin's "international experience". It is grasping at straws in an attempt to defame both women. Sad.

AK is home to several key, *restricted* military bases because of it's proximity to the Pacific and Asia, as well as Russia, as well as "over the poles" defense. It is natural for the governor of the state that hosts these bases to be fully aware of their importance to national security. I would suggest Governor Palin is "plugged-in" to national security much more than a junior Senator/community organizer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join