It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain talks about Palin's National Security Experience

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
If Obama had his way, we'd only see what he wanted us to. No other views, but his. This is already apparent.

Haven't heard that one before.

Got a URL?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is kind of ironic I have read thru these posts and noticed that Obama and Palin are being argued as to who has more experience. Don't know if you guys noticed but Biden and McCain are widely excepted by this board as having experience. Now the ironic part your comparing a presidential candidate to a vice presidential. The only thing I learned is both appear to be lacking experience in foreign policy. And after reading this Im thinking McCain Biden might be a good ticket.
:lol God we need a third party badly

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Interestingly enough, Biden said he would be honored to run with McCain and that Obama had no qualifications for the office of President.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
9Lets sto[ being so partisan. And make up our minds after a great debate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Alaska is the only state which shares only borders with foreign nations.

Jamie... You must have flunked geography... California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas border Mexico and all of the northern tier states from Washington to Maine border Canada and Florida is 90 miles from Cuba.

But I don't expect less from you jamie.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
No amount of Republican spin is going to change the fact that the woman has had only 20 months of state office experience and 2 terms as a mayor of a town of 6500. PERIOD!!!

To claim that she is qualified to become president based on this totally destroys any real argument that Obama is not qualified to be.

BTW Alaska does not border Russia anymore than Florida borders Cuba... both are separated by significent bodies of water.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hold on a second....

When Republica's questioned Clinton's military experience and etc we were told by the DNC that him serving as a Governor of the state of Arkansas was sufficient. Because as Governor he was in charge of the Arkansas National Guard.

So, then the EXACT same applies for Paulin. Well, unless the DNC wants to be monumental hypocrites.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
When Republica's questioned Clinton's military experience and etc we were told by the DNC that him serving as a Governor of the state of Arkansas was sufficient.

Sufficient for what? Got a link?

Cindy wasn't talking about Palin's experience, she was claiming Palin had National Security Experience because she lives so close to Russia.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
No amount of Republican spin is going to change the fact that the woman has had only 20 months of state office experience and 2 terms as a mayor of a town of 6500. PERIOD!!!

AGREE 100 %

James Carville summed it up pretty accurately when he said that the building where she gained most of her "Political Experience" as a county commissioner, in Wasilla, looked like a Bait Shop.

I spewed coffee all over my monitor.

Something still smells fishy.

As do others, I suspect she will eventually recuse herself.
(Or as they say in Alaska....Fall on her harpoon.)

Wanna bet?>>>>>>www.intrade.com...

Politics hasn't been this much fun since the Veep shot his pal while "hunting". And then the guy apologizes for having his face in front of Cheney's muzzle.

regards............kk

[edit on 2-9-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

When Republica's questioned Clinton's military experience and etc we were told by the DNC that him serving as a Governor of the state of Arkansas was sufficient.

Cindy wasn't talking about Palin's experience, she was claiming Palin had National Security Experience because she lives so close to Russia.

Oh, so now the VP is the National Security Adviser? I thought that was a cabinet position.

Silly me, since National Security Adviser is a function of the VP then, no, Mrs. Paulin isn't qualified to be VP.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, so now the VP is the National Security Adviser? I thought that was a cabinet position.

Silly me, since National Security Adviser is a function of the VP then, no, Mrs. Paulin isn't qualified to be VP.

The McCain campaign made a very big deal about National Security experience. It's been front and center in their rhetoric for months...until Biden was nominated.

The oath of office for the VP
I, [Vice-President Elect's name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION of the United States AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

SO yes. Her National Security experience is a valid question...and not just because of the oath of office. We live in a dangerous world these days.

BTW - It's spelled "Palin" not Paulin.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by maybereal11]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Who cares if they made a big deal about it, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the DNC when Clinton was ridiculed for not having this experience. The Democrats argued that because he was a governor then he was in charge or the "head" of the Arkansas National Guard and that counted.

Weeeeell, Mrs. Palin was the Governor of Alaska was she not? She was the "head" of the Alaska Nation Guard was she not?

It's massive hypocrisy and just politics as usual if you as me, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is how to tell how much this woman has done. I have watched numerous people on TV defend this woman and get asked a VERY specific question....actually 2.

Name one decision she has made in regard to foreign polity.

Is she the most qualified candidate for McCain.

NOBODY has answered this question at all on either point. It's either a general answer that has no bearing on the actual question or the talking points come out.

I know the media is biased but when people can't answer simple questions about the woman with anything but babble......thats a HUGE problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

Originally posted by DavidWright
Here is how to tell how much this woman has done. I have watched numerous people on TV defend this woman and get asked a VERY specific question....actually 2.

I have been asked, and answered that question. She was a governor. Governors make state decisions, every single day. The question is illogical.

However, neither Obama nor Biden have made any such decisions, either. They only cast one vote out of 100 Senators, when they did vote.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You've got to realize that the very premise of this thread is ridiculous. What do Cindy McCain,s thoughts/words have to do with Sarah Palin's abilities? Nada, nothing, zilch.

It's like arguing that Michael Moore's opinion of BO should influence our vote.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I have been asked, and answered that question. She was a governor. Governors make state decisions, every single day. The question is illogical.

However, neither Obama nor Biden have made any such decisions, either. They only cast one vote out of 100 Senators, when they did vote.

The Question is Very logical........Name one thing she has done.

I am sure she has done many but my point is that these idiots can't give an answer. Seriously......they cant answer a simple question.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am a lifelong Republican (44 White Male Professional - typical GOP demographic) and I must say I am shocked about Palin as the VP pick. The ridiculous arguments trying to bolster her executive experience (before 2 years ago was nothing more than the mayor of a tiny town) and international experience (got her first passport in 2007) just drives this point home. At this point, I seriously question the judgement of McCain. I can't believe that for the first time in my life I will probably be voting for a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The Question is Very logical........Name one thing she has done.

I am sure she has done many but my point is that these idiots can't give an answer. Seriously......they cant answer a simple question.

You can find it in this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Alaska is the only state which shares only borders with foreign nations.

Jamie... You must have flunked geography... California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas border Mexico and all of the northern tier states from Washington to Maine border Canada and Florida is 90 miles from Cuba.

But I don't expect less from you jamie.

Grover, you must have flunked reading.

Alaska STILL is the only country which shares ONLY borders with foreign countries.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Alaska STILL is the only country which shares ONLY borders with foreign countries.

Please tell me I'm not the only one cracking up about this comment.

Jamie... you always make me smile

little help for ya...

Alaska is the only STATE which borders foreign nations only

[[[which might be valid if Alaska actually bordered any nation besides Canada. Hell, I can probably handle Canadian foreign relations... Oh, and don't try the Russia thing with me. without the oceans, yeah, Alaska would border Russia... but this thing called the Arctic Ocean separates them...]]]

Seriously...

Don't type so fast when your critiquing another persons comprehension of a certain subject. It opens up the door for you to look foolish.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join