It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'U.S. Fears Russia to sell S-300 to Iran '

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

'U.S. Fears Russia to sell S-300 to Iran

www.jpost.com

The S-300 is one of the most advanced multi-target anti-aircraft-missile systems in the world today and has a reported ability to track up to 100 targets simultaneously while engaging up to 12 at the same time. It has a range of about 200 kilometers and can hit targets at altitudes of 27,000 meters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-8-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Pentagon adviser Dan Goure was quoted by the British newspaper as saying. "This is a system that scares every Western air force."

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is just more western propergander to try and show the world Russia is a big bad bear that should be put down.

We will see much of this as time goes on till they are ready to hit Iran imo

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

"If Teheran obtained the S-300, it would be a game-changer in military thinking for tackling Iran. That could be a catalyst for Israeli air attacks before it's operational," he said.

Well I hope they get it up and running fast.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

somewhat different to jpost editorial.

[edit on 31/8/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's not as dangerous as they make it out to be.

See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's going to take more than a bunch of S-300 to stop IAF.

[edit on 31/8/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

not the syria post again

thought that was deealt with since they had holes in their air defence network and most of wasnt even up 100% and so on

on topic

good for Iran and russia, hopefully they can get it 100% up and running asap if they get the gear.

atleast then they have a better chance of swatting the Israeli flies

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good luck to Iran and Russia, maybe they can stand up to the US quest for world domination.

The more countries that can defend themselfs from the US, the safer the world will be in its current state.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I never mentioned Syria once, I searched, and it wasn't mentioned a single time in that page. RIF.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
reply to post by bodrul

Unless I'm mistaken, I never mentioned Syria once. RIF.

but that was one of the things mentioned in that topic you pointed out

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

In my posts? Never mentioned Syria..
I mentioned Iran, S-300, S-400, JASSM & Delilah. Syria never had S-300, S-400....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

nevermind,
wasnt on about your posts but other posts in that topic

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Damn their oily hides! Protecting their own airspace is a direct threat to the western way of life and a threat to our very existence....etc...etc

Not so long ago Israel was bleating about the Lebanese forces beefing up their air defences, about it being a threat to Israel. Well, if they will go flying their aircraft around in someone else's airspace then they surely deserve to get shot down, not to mention it being in direct contravention of UN resolutions. Not that they are ever held to resolutions or punished for not complying.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The shadow of the Russian Bear is in watching over Iran.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Russia may push forward with S-300 sales to Iran

RIA Novosti

01/09/2008 17:41 MOSCOW, September 1 (RIA Novosti) - Russia may proceed with plans to sell advanced S-300 air defense systems to Iran under a secret contract believed to have been signed in 2005, a Russian analyst said on Monday.

Commenting on an article in the Sunday Telegraph newspaper saying Russia is using the plans as a bargaining chip in its standoff with America, Ruslan Pukhov, director of Moscow-based Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, said: "In the current situation, when the U.S. and the West in general are stubbornly gearing toward a confrontation with Russia after the events in South Ossetia, the implementation of a lucrative contract on the deliveries of S-300 [air defense systems] to Iran looks like a logical step."

(globalsecurity.org)

top topics

join