It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

internal websites of secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I imagine that members of secret societies communicate with each other over the internet. I also imagine that communication would be encoded and\or hidden (like a secret url). Like phone numbers for celebrities, they probably change how they communicate quite often. I do not think they would use chat rooms, because that would involve too much coordination for people to show up at the same time.

Do you think there are websites only known to and used by secret societies?

Do you think they may have some way of keeping search engines from indexing them?

Do you think they might have some way of only allowing certain computers on the internet from even reaching the sites?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to try to find them?

What would you do if you were to set up a website for one of them?

dz

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i had heard of a company that provides secure encrypted forums

i read that a bunch of people used their services

it would make sense.. the internet makes communication super easy

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
For starters one would assume such a site would be password protected. When any computer visits the domain it is prompted to enter in a password which would protect the site from unauthorized users and search bots as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I read that the Temple of Set has a set up like that. Available exclusively to members.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I would also think that hitman contracters use the same type of private communication. its a possibility.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah most probably some super secret encrypted website. but I dont think e-mail because it might be caught be the NSA...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the easiest way to communicate without being snooped upon is to use PGP key evcryption....google it, also try an encryption method known as Solitaire

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Encryption doesn't need to be "super" simple algorithms are sufficient enough, such as the AES 256 bit standard. I'd imagine they'd also use steganography as well to hide thier data even if it was compromised.

Even if they weren't encrypted, which 90% likely they would be but they'd probably keep them on either a private intranet (yes intranet) or password protected secret website. Internet security is on the rise and so why not embrace this power?

top topics

join