It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano Factories and Nano Foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am sure yall have seen this and or discussed it ..But maybe not so here goes .

This video was the coolest video I have watched about the subject of nano stuff

They are called nano factories
They are mini like really mini factories (you can manufacture anything you need right at home in a microwave type machine)
They will soon be in Kitchens everywhere (so they say)
And at a cost everyone can afford .
Check it out
www.youtube.com...

Here is a good link on info about some of it
www.crnano.org...
Center for
Responsible
Nanotechnology

Here are some more links about nano stuff

Take a look at what is going in our bodies as we speak (There is a picture of it )
thecurrent.theatlantic.com...
Delicious Gray Goo
Everyday products, from baby-bottles to beer, contain particles manipulated by unregulated and potentially dangerous nanotechnology, according to a new report by Friends of the Earth.

Nanotech Exposed in Grocery Store Aisles
www.raidersnewsnetwork.com...

Nano Foods Cafe (Nano products)
www.nanocafes.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nano technology is the future mate

also i heard on another thread cant remember which someone got abducted by aliens and they said everything in the craft was nano technology.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Far out man.. I wonder how far off we are from this concept to reality? The little "machines" look quite complex being able to operate at the molecular level but I am really hopeful that is can be done.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
this vid is awesome, and hopefully what the future holds.

i am confused by the raw meterials though, as working on such a small scale, can they use pretty much any sort of molecule and turn it into something else? such as turning coal into diamond ?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok here is an indepth look into the Factories

www.kurzweilai.net.../articles/art0668.html?

Just a snipit
The PN will be a versatile appliance, able to manufacture whatever is deemed legal in the 21st century such as: (1) consumer goods including nondurables such as food and durables heavily laden with nanosensors, nanomotors, nanopumps and nanocomputers, (2) all the patterned sheets or chunks of diamond that anyone might want, and (3) some kinds of medical nanorobots for personal use, though these may be heavily regulated. We assume that the PN will not be allowed to manufacture contraband, nor various types of weapons systems including ecophages [4], or more PNs (which would nullify the R&D funding and manufacturing business model). If the public is not allowed to manufacture PNs using PNs [5], then the production cost of a PN using a PN becomes almost irrelevant to the retail price of a PN.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I have had that utube video you listed on my fav's list for while now, there are a few other good ones as well.

This is a great topic, I wish more people were excited about this stuff.
It really is going to change not just the future, but the world. Nanotech has the power to end most all labor and industries, which will present a different problem of how to help out of work the farmers, miners, and other workers who will lose their way of income.

Imagine growing your new house. Walk to the plot of land you have chosen, and laying a box on the ground which contains nanites, pre-programmed with the floorplan you want. Then they begin to re-structure the atoms in the soil into the various molecules required, and the house grows like a mushroom over a few days, into your brand new house.

It could eliminate slaughterhouse's as well, my artificially creating meat with the exact atomic and chemical structure as Angus beef, and whatever else.
The possibilities are endless, and we are only now scratching the surface.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am not really sure I like the idea ..Although I find it fascinating .
Did you see the Grey Goo link with the nanobug that is in our foods .Now that is creepy .
Not sure I like that in my body
And what on earth is that going to do to us as in DNA changes ?
Will we become partial machine with these creepy bugs in our system

I wish I could post the pic ..
thecurrent.theatlantic.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Simply, (I will call you Simply because you are someone)

I read the article you linked, and I'll give you my thoughts on it.
First off, the pic is artificial, it's not a photograph. They make it look like some insect eating your insides to scare you

Although... the article has a good point!
Yes, of course, there must be strict testing and safety measures in place for this technology, as with all technologies. Electricity has changed our world, yet it can be dangerous if we mishandle it.

This article is, in my opinion, just a biased scare tactic from an obstructionist movement. This mode of thinking only slows down mankind's progress.. But it never halts it.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Simply will do lol ..

Yes you have made some great points and you may be right .
It is just creepy and it gives me the willys just the thought of it .

[Yes, of course, there must be strict testing and safety measures in place for this technology, as with all technologies. Electricity has changed our world, yet it can be dangerous if we mishandle it.]
If you read the link in their research they are saying it dont matter we will deal with whatever comes etc etc ....thats the part that is worrysome ..they are already putting nano thingys in our foods and yet even they admit there was not enough testing done on long term thinking on what it will do to us and our enviroment

Here is the link from their studies on it
Dangers of Molecular Manufacturing
www.crnano.org...

Even the FDA knows it yet approved it already for consumption
The FDA Certainly Knows There Are Risks

The FDA had some concerns about the amount of bacterial endotoxin in the Intralytix product before it is sprayed; however, FDA tests apparently showed that the product was adequately purified and so they declared it safe if used as approved. Will the FDA diligently monitor the quality of this product once it is on the market, or will it go the path of many FDA-approved drugs that the agency can’t keep track of?

There is certainly a risk that humans will be exposed to excessive amounts of endotoxin. This could come from the manufacturing of the viral cocktail, the interaction of the viruses with bacteria after being sprayed on food, and/or the interaction of the viruses with bacteria in the digestive tract.
www.newswithviews.com...

Thanks for your post

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Makes one lose their appetite dont it ?
Sheeshh ....so is there anything left that man is not tinkering with ?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was going to ask that if its possible to make all these things, could it be feasible to make humans, and yes you can.

Actually this technology goes far beyond just making things that we want ie food etc, it would change humanity forever.

Great subject matter OP

More Dangers from Molecular Nanotechnology

At the current rate of growth, human populations tend to double in size about once every 30 years. But what happens to human growth when it becomes technologically possible to mass produce human beings out of harvested or synthesized embryos in artificial wombs? How about when it becomes possible to use gene therapy or hormones to compress the interval between childhood and adulthood? (I have no idea how far you can compress it, ask a biologist. My guess is by about an order of magnitude.) Advances in robotics and new building methods could allow the creation of automated superstructures that produce millions of new humans per year; "person factories". Other science fictional-sounding scenarios are plausible. CRN tends to hint towards scenarios of this type only vaguely, but it is very important to be aware of them.

www.acceleratingfuture.com...

Starred and flagged!

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Denied]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nice link Denied ..and thanks for the star and flag ...

So future armies for the future wars is what I see ..

Is it just real humans then they want to eradicate (the population control Of Agenda 21)

Sounds like we might be replaced at some point in the future (that is if the world dont end before that) .....

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The modern man of the future sounds pretty creepy

Regrown arms and legs
US wants to grow new ears, skin for war wounded
www.stuff.co.nz...

With Fake Blood
www.washingtonpost.com...

Part Animal
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Interspecies blends walk razor's edge
www.journalgazette.net.../20080428/FEAT0113/804280364

And only God knows what else ....ewwww

Wait I forgot something
With Dinosuar Pets
The Jurassic Code: Resurrecting the Planet's Extinct Species -Can It Be Done?
www.dailygalaxy.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simply,
Why does the idea of restoring lost limbs sound creepy to you?
It is a lifelong dream for those who have lost them. If science can restore the quality of life a person had, save their life by replacing blood, or even extend a persons life, this seems like a very miraculous thing to me.
Noble, even..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just seems so unatural ..Regardless of my religious beliefs ..I am also a very natural person lol ....I dont even wear makeup ..

I do see some things as being an incredible step for mankind (At least looking at it from my human natural side)
But I know from history that everything good gets used for bad and can truly get out of hand ..Like the Humanism stuff etc ......

PS ..I also get the willys when I think about the Scientists who will be working on this stuff (I vision men who think like Dave being in charge of it LOL Sorry Dave ) no pun intended

new topics

top topics

join