It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was there no background check on Obama??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Before I could join the army with my chosen MOS, I had to produce a social security card, photo I.D., and birth certificate with raised seal(my original was lost in a fire). Because my MOS required a top secret clearance, a DOD investigator was assigned to check my background. He contacted family, friends and associates including my first grade teacher. If I had Obama's associations I would have been disqualified. If I could not produce an original or official Hawaii birth certificate, I would have been disqualified. I took pride in my job, but it was not as critical as commander in chief. Why was my background held to higher standards than Obama's

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is getting old

I might just have to put it in my signature.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
oh ok factcheck proves other experts wrong, so I'll move on. If I were associated with Bill Ayers I would not have been given my security clearance. I would think that a potential president would be held to even higher standards.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong
oh ok factcheck proves other experts wrong, so I'll move on. If I were associated with Bill Ayers I would not have been given my security clearance. I would think that a potential president would be held to even higher standards.

I wouldn't count bloggers as experts.

If you're going to count Obama out of the election because of his associations with someone like Bill Ayers, then I guess you'll also be perfectly fine with counting out McCain, who has a similar friendly relationship with G. Gorden Liddy, you know, the guy that spent four years in prison for the Watergate burglary? Liddy's home was the site of a McCain fundraiser and contributions were somewhere in the $5,000 range.

Edited to add: Not only was he caught in Watergate but also planned several plots which included firebombing the Brookings Institution, kidnapping anti-war protesters and dumping them in Mexico during the Republican National Convention, and luring politicians into an area to secretly take photographs of them with call girls to slander them.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by davion]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
HOW CAN YOU COMPARE G GORDON LIDDY TO AYRES? liddy did not blow up and terrorize this country. you obamatrons always use the twisted facts to justify this "candidate",while he condones a man that said,and i quote,"did't do enough",when he was referring to his bombings and terrorist acts. and then he has a wife that says she just recently started t love her country,because now she has to .and what about the preacher? barak just sat there and disregarded his racial hate spew?
isnt church where you go to partake in what you believe in?
hannamtong is right. my daughter is in the navy and her security check would not pass if she was associated with a known terrorist.
SO WHAT MAKES HIM BETTER THAN MY DAUGHTER,WHEN HE IS TRYING TO OBTAIN THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THIS LAND?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

SOURCE FOR THE EDITS? i would have to see proof of that. but if its true ,then yes he should go too.
we dont need anymore bs in the whitehouse.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes I would count McCain out for associations with Liddy, I'm sure If McCain or Obama were investigated like I was, it would disqualify them for a much more important job. Can you see why that pisses me off?.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
HOW CAN YOU COMPARE G GORDON LIDDY TO AYRES? liddy did not blow up and terrorize this country. you obamatrons always use the twisted facts to justify this "candidate",while he condones a man that said,and i quote,"did't do enough",when he was referring to his bombings and terrorist acts. and then he has a wife that says she just recently started t love her country,because now she has to .and what about the preacher? barak just sat there and disregarded his racial hate spew?
isnt church where you go to partake in what you believe in?
hannamtong is right. my daughter is in the navy and her security check would not pass if she was associated with a known terrorist.
SO WHAT MAKES HIM BETTER THAN MY DAUGHTER,WHEN HE IS TRYING TO OBTAIN THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THIS LAND?

How can I compare the two? They were both people that did unsavory things, the only difference between them is one didn't go to jail, though you could argue that Liddy didn't even go to jail for the full 20 years he was given.

Both are men that did things that many consider unethical, and both did things because they thought what they were doing was right, both also were accepted back into society and are apparently respectable individuals.

Are we splitting hairs?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
reply to post by davion

SOURCE FOR THE EDITS? i would have to see proof of that. but if its true ,then yes he should go too.
we dont need anymore bs in the whitehouse.

Firebombing and call girls

I can't find much info on the kidnapping, I think Liddy wrote about it in one of his books that he wrote. I believe he also mentioned that him and another person were thinking about murdering a columnist from a paper that was writing bad articles about Nixon. That might have been some kind of sick joke on his part, though. Either way the guy was a scumbag.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes I would count McCain out for associations with Liddy, I'm sure If McCain or Obama were investigated like I was, it would disqualify them for a much more important job. Can you see why that pisses me off?.

If we had more money we could afford to have skeletons in our closet, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
From what I've seen, the Obama Ayres ties are much more intimate and scary than the McCain Libby ties. Can you imagine how the media would react if McCain had a Rev. Wright connection.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

From what I've seen, the Obama Ayres ties are much more intimate and scary than the McCain Libby ties. Can you imagine how the media would react if McCain had a Rev. Wright connection.

How so? As I said McCain raised funds at his house which brought in thousands of dollars from Liddy, McCain has appeared on his talk show and called him an "old friend", they appear to be about on the same level of Obama/Ayers, if not more.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

i'd love to visit the factory that you people pump these talking points out of

have your illegal immigrants been deported?

Is that why these arguments have begun repeating themselves as of 48 hours ago?

Can we try to get a little original?

Obama is a man

We've all had shady contacts with shady individuals

who gives a *snip*

If Obama HELPED him doing anything - that'd be different.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wiggin and Davion, I just can't believe this here. I see about 6 or 7 threads a day with just no basis bashing Obama, I am glad to see you guys debate these issues with these countless threads, that have no substance but hear say.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"no basis bashing Obama"

I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm asking questions that would have ended McCains campaign if the roles were reversed.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Bottom line, why doesnt the President of the USA have to undergo any background check?

Is no one able to answer this?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't understand the debate over a piece of paper. Either the US government has a record of Obama's birth or it doesn't. I don't think a document -- that can be forged -- is proof enough that Obama is a US citizen. So we'd have to rely on Hawaii State Department of Health officials to confirm the record. And that seems to have been offered:

www.politifact.com...

But this news report on this level can be made up. What we really need is the national news stations getting to the bottom of this. But it seems they haven't or we'd all have heard about it.

Seems to me this in still and unresolved issue. Is Obama a US citizen or not?

The challenge continues...

On July 20th, Atlas Shrugs published an EXPLOSIVE BOMBSHELL- the definitive analysis on the COLB forgery on Obama's website. Obama subsequently admitted he was born with dual citizenship but attempted to debunk the analysis with an Annenberg fact checker group (Annenberg is the leftist foundation that Obama served on with unrepentent terorist Bill Ayers)

Annenberg manipulated the docs and it was not the same COLB Obama presented in his site.

1) What is the name of the Physician / Nurse, who delivered Mr. Obama in Hawaii and the hospital?

(2) Why was a forged birth certificate document (short form) put on the Obama Website as a real document, when forensic document experts determined it to be false? If you dispute these facts then permit these examiners to view (long form in Hawaii) it in front of independent observers for our central florida voters, only if you believe this document to be real!

Lawsuits were filed. Rather than just product the birth certificate Obama's legal team filed a motion to dismiss. One of the Lawyers filing the motion was Joe Sandler the legal Hit Man for the Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

[edit on 10/22/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The difference is that your job requirements was not put in the constitution. The government is restrained by the constitutional requirements for presidency. Which only requires that a person being a natural born citizen, at least 35 years old and have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years. A McCarthyism type investigation which you had to go through can not be legally done to them.

That said, you can bet the government does a verification check on all documents provided with the application for presidency. If there was any doubts that he didn't meet the requirements, his application would have been denied.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
hey man, i know what your talking about, signed up for marines and got a job witch required secret clearance. the investigation on me wasn't so bad, but ya, i could have gotten disqualified for many things, the marines pretty much wrote a book on me in about a weeks time span. shouldn't high officials back grounds be completly open for people voting on them?

Btw Got into a bad car accident on the way back from the investigator, and me and 2 friends were put in the hospital. now ive been waiting 9 months to get in the marines, and they want me to wait another 2? ah , o well..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join