It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns any attack would start 'world war'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Iran warns any attack would start 'world war'

www.breitbart.com

A senior Iranian military commander has warned that any US or Israeli attack on the Islamic republic would start a new world war, the state news agency IRNA reported on Saturday.

"Any aggression against Iran will start a world war," deputy chief of staff for defence publicity, Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri, said in a statement carried by the agency.

Iran is under international pressure to halt uranium enrichment, a process which lies at the core of fears about Iran's nuclear programme as it can make nuclear fuel as well as the fissile core of an atom bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Israel has already recently declared it won't allow a nuclear Iran to exist (see additional link).

Looks like the time for the showdown is coming.

- Lee

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
and they know because they have planted Islamic Terror groups in Nation world wide who where entering our country's under the mum of asylum searchers. that is what my view is. and some people can say my view is racist but I will called it logic .. It is just like the horse of troy we are having people entering from country's like iran and syria and especially in city's like paris , brussel, amsterdam we will see mayor problems just like the riots we had last year. In the Usa people are some how more integrated in society then in Europe were they aren't .. The attack on Iran will lead to tensions and aggressions in Europe. And the left winged party's in governments are denying it will lead to a civil war in Europe .. an attack ( a necessary one ) on Iran will also lead to problems in the country I life.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If we American stop licking feet's of Israelis i think usa be more suffer but our greediness not allow us to think about us.We not have to forget that 911 was done by Israelis it self. i think we need to think about our future.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why is Iran so sure of themselves that they are so important that the whole world is going to want to fight over them?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

well why is the west so ready to fight them? why are they so important to the west?

OH YEAH I FORGOT...OIL LOLZ

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In the short term, probably not... but on the long term? Yes.

That would show the Russian that if the US leadership is crazy enough to do something that bold, with the repercutions it will create, the step toward a first strike against Russia isn't a big one.

Also, it could be even worse... because Iran is a SCO observator, close to becoming a member.... so it would be seen as a real threat to the SCO members alliance... a counterweight to NATO.

And even worse? Place a US puppet dictatorship and build military bases there.

Just look at a middle-east map...

Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuweit, Afghanistan and soon Iran/Syria/Lebanon... controlled by the US. The whole middle-east... China and Russia encircled by military bases... and NATO troops. What does that tell you?

In the cuban missile crisis, the CCCP placed nuclear missiles in Cuba... but nowdays, conventional weapons, like the B-2, F-22, F-35 and cruise missiles... can do the job the nuclear weapons could do back then. Especially when you look at the air defense of Russia. And you add the pre-emptive nuclear war of the US, and the use of mini-nukes considered ``safe for civilians`` and you understand why the Russians are afraid.

It is also the military doctrine of Russia to respond to any precision weapons strike against their forces with nuclear fire.

We'll see what happens but even without Iran being attacked, it looks bad.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Why is Iran so sure of themselves that they are so important that the whole world is going to want to fight over them?

I don't think its egotisical in saying if you attack me we will fight back just as if not more viciously than you would. I mean would you rather they say:

"After your first strike on our native soil we'll fold faster than Superman on laundry day. No one will come to our aid either and the war will end in ten minutes or less."

Doesn't make the citizens feel safe or confident. Even though they wouldn't last long in a match between Israel and the U.S. I do think they can do considerable damage to Israel. That is not the point though.

The point is that there will be more than three players in that game and if you think otherwise then you are fooling yourself. They are many scenarios that could show how this attack could spark a world conflict and not simply for the Iranians but AGAINST the two attackers wishing to force their own desires down the throat of other nations.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think US politicians will just this as another playing card in their game of bias. "Look how quickly Iran's leaders threaten the safety of not just our great nation, but the entire world. For the sake of all, we must intervene now and restore order to the world by removing any threat inside Iran."

"Oh yea and we're implementing Martial Law and stuff, LOOK ITS PARIS HILTON!"

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Iraq has oil. I raq has lots of oil. Iraq has been attacked TWICE. No WW3 either time. Iran no different.

Originally posted by TheRepublic

well why is the west so ready to fight them? why are they so important to the west?

OH YEAH I FORGOT...OIL LOLZ

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Oooh, I'm sacred! Freedom is on the march, they can either follow...or be destroyed. Their choice. And it seems they already made their choice. At least the can soon start exporting glass.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Iran no different? I beg to differ.

Economy Projections for Iran vs. The US
www.businessmonitor.com...

Iran

The Iranian construction industry has been witnessing a turnaround since 2005 and is expected to grow 6.86% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2007. Despite United Nation's (UN) sanctions on Iran, foreign investments in the country have not plunged, reflecting well on its business potential. Both housing demand as well as industrial construction show strong growth potential. This report forecasts the industry is likely to be valued at US$13.10bn in 2008, and register an average growth of 4.40% over 2008-2012.

Meanwhile....

United States

www.google.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What does that have to do with why Iran will start WW3 because of oil when we have attacked Iraq TWICE for oil and it never started WW3?

Irans economy is at 26% inflation...its not in that great of shape and certainly not much better (if at all) than Iraq's before the first gulf war.

So again, why does striking Iran cause WW3 when striking Iraq twice never did?

Originally posted by projectvxn

Iran no different? I beg to differ.

Economy Projections for Iran vs. The US
www.businessmonitor.com...

Iran

The Iranian construction industry has been witnessing a turnaround since 2005 and is expected to grow 6.86% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2007. Despite United Nation's (UN) sanctions on Iran, foreign investments in the country have not plunged, reflecting well on its business potential. Both housing demand as well as industrial construction show strong growth potential. This report forecasts the industry is likely to be valued at US$13.10bn in 2008, and register an average growth of 4.40% over 2008-2012.

Meanwhile....

United States

www.google.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A country flush with foreign investment and in specific, energy deals can start WW3 should those investments cause substantial harm to the world economy, in particular Russia and China.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe one of the higher ups in Russia told Iran that if they are attacked, that they (Russia) would come to their aid. As PO'd as Russia is at us right now, it sounds like something they would do, just so they could say we started it.

Marilyn~

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes, I really don't think Iran is in any way comparable to Iraq (in that sense).

Iran isn't a broken-backed, war-torn country, ravaged by years of sanctions like Iraq was. Attacking it now will be one of the biggest blunders ever made.

As we'll soon be finding out.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Attacking Iran would serve as the kindling that ignites world war...

... well hell, I could have told you that. The tables are set, the sides are chosen. An unwarranted attack would certainly irk enough countries into coming to their defense.
Iran isn't attacking anyone. And any attack on them without Iran making the first move would be completely against reason.

The current consensus in many countries is that the US can't be trusted. They have shown that they are willing to attack countries that aren't attacking anyone.
Many countries feel that if they allow the US to get away with launching more preemptive strikes, their country could be the next target... and for what? Rumors?

Give me a break. What ever happened to having evidence before killing people?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The only reason I see that attacking Iran would start WW3 is because Iran is Russia's puppet and not the US's. If Russia does nothing to help Iran it will be shooting itself in the foot. If Russia does react it will be to protect itself. Still..Russia has said nothing about protecting Iran, it is hard to say what will happen but Iran will set the middle east on fire and Russia and the US will try and seize the opportunity and invade, only problem is the US has no more men, while Russia and China have lots of men. Russia and China might welcome an attack on Iran and the US is too stupid to see it. So WW3 could start because of the fact that Iran will start a war in the middle east that will force intervention because of the world reliance on oil, who will intervene and what will they gain? Obviously India, China, the EU and the US will all want to ensure their supplies in a post middle east war which might bring down many a US puppet regime and that is where the WW3 could start. I don't see it as Russia defending Iran, I see it as Russia, China and India stopping the West from controlling oil and gas through wars, survival instincts will cause them to react, if they don't react they will have been had and they don't want that plus if you add Russia, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Russia,china, India, Bolivia, Venezuela and god knows how many other countries together the Nato alliance does not look like such a menace any more. The only strong military country is the US and partly Britain, France has nukes but the rest are no more significant militarily than Iraq was...probably less because if invaded Nato countries will surrender and cry as opposed to fight like the Iraqui's. It's not good at all....and it is not about Iran being friends with Russia, it is about stopping the West from seizing the oil and gas and building military bases which in turn would be used to blackmail every nation on this planet. One Nuke on a European city and Europeans will not want to fight, they will want to hang their leaders (apart from brits that love war).

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Where did they all go? Only about 150,000 in Iraq and 50,000 in Afghanistan. Where are the other 800,000?

Originally posted by bubbles75
only problem is the US has no more men,

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Oooh, I'm sacred! Freedom is on the march, they can either follow...or be destroyed. Their choice. And it seems they already made their choice. At least the can soon start exporting glass.

Plucky are you saying this is about freedom?

I thought this was about the threat to Israel?
Wait...so now we are going to give the Iranians the same freedom we gave the Iraqis?

What if they don't want it?

I can't believe we are putting freedom into the Iran attack. It's almost as weird as the new articles claiming Iran is secretly responsible for the Iraq war. Like Sadaam was for 9/11 I suppose.

Oh boy...here come the freedom fries.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join