It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can You Do To Change the World?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I would like to start this thread to create kindness among my fellow ATS'ers and hopefully worldwide.

The core of the idea being this:

Random acts of kindness are done much too rarely. I feel that we could be a lot more pro-active in this endeavor.

1. Perform an act of kindness for someone, no matter the size.

2. post it here, in this thread at the end of your day when you find time to log in.

3. Feel good in knowing that you did this, for we together can create change, NOW! and see the exponential growth of positive energies reflected in our life experiences of the everyday kind.

4. Each poster will earn a star from all who post in this thread, no reward really but I did like earning stars when I was a kid.

So shall we try this? Can you be the change you wish to see? I know I will try as hard as I can.
I will post at the end of my day, and hopefully we can get lots of members on board for this. The time is now my friends, we haven't a moment to lose!

Let us begin today!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well i think everyonje should atleast just do one act of random kindness a day that would make this place a drastically better place i think.

also i think more people should be respectful towards each other and not shooting someone down because of their beliefs.

thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The world cant turn from its course/path.

Ppl already kind will still do kindly. PPl already not kind will still do not kindly. Nothing worst on a person than trying to be something they are not.

So be real. Be the actual you. There are certain who be kind and not kind different occastions with different leaning towards by reasons. These are the shifty kinds.

Some times kindness can be annoying when it involves an overload of insisting. Then it's to the point that you get that if you wont take the kind act the one insisting on giving it you will get offended and maybe even offensive. Taking and reciveing are two different things. Cetain things ppl only like to recieve, not have to take. Like take a beating in another sense. Only thing I'd have no problem with having to take by an insisting would prolly be a million dollars from someone who you'd think shouldnt give such because they may not be in their correct mind like if influenced by religion where it made them believe they are doing God service. Hey, if not me, then they would give to someone else. So might as well be me.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I do understand, however, I'm talking about the simplest kinds of mindfullness and respect, from opening a door for an elderly person to giving someone your grocery cart as you leave and they enter. That's all, nothing too forceful.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

Hope more people take ur advice and help each other more the worlds bad enough as it is nowimagine if everyone just helped each other.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I dont know where you guys live or what you do, but at my work, people are doing kind things to eachother all the time, several times a day. Because they want to, not because they have to.

It feels good to be nice to people, simple as that.

And no, it wont make the world better, but it will make people feel better about themselfs. Its not the general public that plans to kill eachother. Most people are good. The sickos are at the top of the pyramid however, and I dont believe anything will cure their lust for power and greed. Specially not kindness, the twisted ones see that as weakness.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You got no chane of people being truthful. People in usa are more likely to watch jackass and want to wreck lifes, than ever help someone.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thats a bit harsh isnt it

i mean a,ericans arent bad people some are just like in anywhere in the world but most are the nicest people in the world and before u ask no im not american

and whats wrong with Jackass its good

i try to be as good a person as i can be now and i hope everyone else out there does the same its worth it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I like the premise of this thread.
Random acts of kindness are great, but that's only scratching the surface.
Smiling is a good one too.
If you smile at someone as you pass them, making eye contact, I can almost guarantee they will smile back. (Don't be a freak about it though lol)
Ask someone their story, people appreciate it when someone shows interest in them.
Hold the door for someone at the conveniece store, courtesy makes people feel respected.

Anyway, thats just a few things to help brighten everyone's day.
Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Day 1: On that day, I had helped a friend set up 2 guitars, he wanted to pay me and I didn't let him, Instead he insisted that he at least buy lunch for us and I accepted.

Day 2: A Homeless person (there are many close to where I live) asked me if I had any spare change, I gave him 3 dollars and a couple cigarettes.

Let's continue then...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Or let's not

To Mods......please remove thread,
thank you.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo
I would like to start this thread to create kindness among my fellow ATS'ers and hopefully worldwide...I know I will try as hard as I can.

(A scant 5 days later)

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo
Or let's not
To Mods......please remove thread,
thank you.

So you expected to start a worldwide trend and change the world in a couple of days? I say let the thread stay as a monument to fickleness. Sorry if that sounds harsh, if nothing else I hope you learn about the importance of tenacity from this experience

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You are right. I should not give up so easily.
MODS: Please leave this thread intact, please!

Since my last "closing" post, I have had little opportunity to leave the homestead, hurricane activity and all. But I would like to report that next weekend, I am venturing out and extending kindness and love to those in need by volunteering some time to our local soup kitchen here.

Again, I wish for the thread to remain, and for change to occur, no matter how small.

The Hope Lives in all of us. Let the light shine!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

Yesterday I saw a woman getting into her car while her alarm was going off -- it was right in front of a store where the door was open -- I assumed she would get it under control, went into the store. I was shopping for a few minutes and the alarm was still going off annoying everyone, incl. me. IT WAS LOUD.

Anyway, I looked out the window of the store and could see her with her head on the steering-wheel, defeated and frustrated. I put my basket down, went out to her and knocked on her window. She looked up at me and begrudingly opened her door, fearful and annoyed that I was going to chastise her while agggressively explaing she was not stealing the car, etc.

I calmly suggested that she try putting her key in the car door, locking and then unlocking it. It worked. She was on the verge of tears at this point and hugged me thanked me profusely and kept repeating how kind it was, etc. She was Australian and seemed so overwhelmed that someone helped her -- I live in LA, so it's probably a little more unusual here for someone to take the time to assist a stranger than in a smaller city.

I had not read this thread until now, but thought I would include the story as it made us both happy, me esp. becuase I was able to look past my aggravation to go help someone out. Not an easy thing for me.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I saw this thread over an hour ago and didn't open it but the first thing that came to mind when reading the title was that old coke commercial ...

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect har-mon-y ... I'd like to buy the world a coke ..."

That song has been going through my head for the last hour simply because of reading the title. It's making me insane so I thought maybe if I post this the song will leave my brain (and for those of you old enough to remember, maybe it will start an endless loop in YOUR minds!).

I've got to go put in some ska music before I make myself nutty.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am very glad I decided to keep this thread open.
It is good to hear the stories of kindness. I will spend a lot less time watching doom and gloom news and come back here daily to observe and post.

I am TRULY glad!

Namaste

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Today I smiled and said hello to practically everyone that I made eye contact with. After a while, I couldn't stop smiling, even when I was driving in my car alone.

A great day for sure

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Exactly. Not everyone can be on here every second of every day. Give it some time. Not to mention there are many different areas and threads on this site, not just this one. Please be patient and give it a chance. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This thread is a bit too positive, for this board. Many will be turned off, lol.

On a serious note, if you do something for someone, who should you need to tell the world. Whats wrong with just keeping your mouth shut, and you will feel better.

I doubt that many will feel the need to tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join