It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rejects 'false' Russian claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

U.S. rejects 'false' Russian claim

news.bbc.co.uk

The White House said Russia would face consequences for its continuing military presence in Georgia.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin told CNN that US citizens had been in the conflict zone of South Ossetia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin told CNN that his defense officials told him the provocation in the region of South Ossetia was to benefit one of the presidential candidates.Only one name comes to mind, John McCain.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin told CNN that his defense officials told him the provocation in the region of South Ossetia was to benefit one of the presidential candidates.Only one name comes to mind, John McCain.

news.bbc.co.uk

I think he means obama personally. Look who is behind barack, and you get the idea.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think that is just wishfull thinking. Seriously this is starting to sound like a playground fight. We might as well say this is a ploy to get Russia to attack us so we can have a nationwide state of martial law just so Bush can stay in office.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I think that is just wishfull thinking. Seriously this is starting to sound like a playground fight. We might as well say this is a ploy to get Russia to attack us so we can have a nationwide state of martial law just so Bush can stay in office.

Really? Did we have martial law the entire time WW2 was going on so FDR could stay as president? There were elections going on at that time, too.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yup. Russian "peacekeeping" for more then a decade in an area, passport's distribution in foreign country, Russian military exercises in the area just before the war and other interesting stuff - has nothing to do with it.
US is trying to pull this off. Those hammers could blitzkrieg to Moscow in no time.
Of course, i mean the most preferable timing for democracy to start a conflict somewhere is during an elections. When it is at its weakest political point. And its just suits McCain, who is against recent Russian behavior but a republican (who were in good relationships with Russia under Bush). Or it is beneficial to Obama who wants to curb Russian aggression and is a democrat (that criticized Russia in the last years). Makes a lot of sense, surely.
Hey, but it suits Putin. I would trust his claims just as i would trust claims of CIA representative after those took other US.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems that russia is the one who keeps jabbering away at some U.S-russia face off. This putin guy seems to be trying to cover some other intention by blaming the u.s..

Russia's blatent peace keeping attack is nothing more than an attempt to politically align those breakaway states with the kremlin. Does ossetia need either the u.s or russia to support there independence?

Certainly the sides are drawn. I don't see to much U.S. denouncement of georgia attacking ossetia, but the kremlin rephrasing the support of georgia into the order to attack, is a cover up of their political intentions.

It's nice that russia withdrew its military and stop nato from sending us to the "big one". Have a nice day, but you better go to that radio-active fall out shelter and make sure things are ship shape.

I believe which ever idiot wins they'll be able to whip the russian idiot, but, its just best to take precautions as far as "Idiots in Charge of Nuclear Arms" go.

SUPPORT YOUR NATIONAL ICNA LEADER

top topics

join