It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pyramid Capable Of Housing 1 Million People To Be Built In Dubai

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Giant Pyramid Capable Of Housing 1 Million People To Be Built In Dubai

english.pravda.ru

Timlinks, which develops environmentally safe projects, has recently published several stunning images of a giant pyramid titled Ziggurat.

The giant pyramid will be built on 2.3 square kilometers of land and will be capable of housing up to one million people.

Ziggurat would not be dependent on the energy system due to the use of steam, wind and other natural resources. The building will also be distinctive for its highly efficient transport communication system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com
current.com
www.vistadubai.com

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Amazing. What is the deal with Dubai?

Conspiracies abound concerning this building of a new pyramid, 2012, the term Ziggurat which has connections with the oldest civilization on earth: Ancient Mesopotamia... which may have held the secrets of the ages.... Atlantis, pyramids, extra terrestrials etc..... Its all coming together.

Dubai Architecture, Photo Gallery and Info

Wiki: Dubai
Wiki: Ziggurat

Check out some of these other amazing Dubai facts:
25% of the worlds cranes are being used in Dubai. There are more construction workers in Dubai then there are Citizens.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow, thats pretty crazy. Its def. amazing architecture. What worries me is all the talk about Mega cities. This thing can house up to a million people, that sounds like a mega city to me. Great post! I'm going to do a little research on it, I never even heard of that before your post.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
More and more I am starting to think someone has the answers as to what is coming, and slowly the unlucky rest of us are being drained of their money as fast as they can be. To me, it seems like Dubai will be one of the few places to escape what ever it is that is coming. As to what it is, we are left to wonder.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
did you look at the picture? Just where in Dubai is the lush green grass and trees? I guess if it starts as a fantasy, you might as well go all out. The only thing separating fantasy from reality is money. Dubai doesn't seem to have that limiting factor.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
did you look at the picture? Just where in Dubai is the lush green grass and trees? I guess if it starts as a fantasy, you might as well go all out. The only thing separating fantasy from reality is money. Dubai doesn't seem to have that limiting factor.

That is true..I didn't really think of it that way.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Finally, a country that has the forsight and balls to actually make their futuristic concepts. Japan knows this, China knows this... but unfortunatley America's taste is in stone age A-frame architecture.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

A bit of irrigation goes a long way chap

Etcetera, etcetera.....

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

As much as I love dubai and its buildings... this in my mind is a bit too far.
a million people?

Ill believe it when I see it.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love the design. Dubai's been coming up with some cool stuff lately. Here's another article, with a better picture.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Have you ever been to the desert over there? It is a desolate place for the most part. I realize with a little water, amazing things can happen but my comment was tounge in cheek. The picture showed on the website looked like a frekin rainforest.

you will hear this again and again, "only in Dubai".

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The concept of a self sustained community building has always intrigued me. Leave it up to Dubai to be the first to try it.

It's amazing what you can do when you toss aside your religious and cultural differences and simply start working together towards achieving great feats of engineering.

It only makes sense that a pyramid would be used. I mean, it is the strongest structure possible. Once you start building something intended for one million people, yeah, just about the only two feasible structures that come to mind are dome and pyramid. And dome is stretching it.

Plus, the angled outer walls would be perfect for solar.

Ah Dubai, hats off to ya, we have a new leader in civil advancement.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is probably the Capitol of the world for the UN when the world government comes together.

They will do human sacrifice there. I'm only half kidding.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
lol @ human sacrifice.
No, they've thrown aside religious differences. It's why Dubai is the international city. Nobody has to fear religious isolation.

I would love to see Dubai become the new home of the UN.

I have to say, I really love Canada... but I think city of Dubai is about to become my most admired place on earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I remember, not too long ago, on the Discovery Channel they ran an hour long show about a pyramid similar to this. I believe that it was to be built out over the ocean off the coast of Japan...If memory serves me correctly. This will be a massive undertaking, but will be cool to see nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hope I can contract for the Starbuck concession/franchise in that, O so groovy, hip,
commune in the desert.

Latte Grande perhaps?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I love great architecture, so I have to say, hats off to Dubai, you guys have done a great job in making something out of nothing.

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I love the some of the architecture, but i seem to remember overdeveloping in the SimCity games like this. Usually left me in so much red that the city fell apart.

So where is this money coming from and why is it necessary?

[edit on 8/29/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Pravda?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
the united arab emirates in its present form is utterly unsustainable.
per capita they use more resources than anywhere else on earth,per capita they emit the most greenhouse gasses.
they have to ship all there resources in from abroad,they depend entirely upon thier oil wealth to even exist as a first world country.

they know this hence why they are now putting more focus into sustainable living such as the pyramid.

they must and are attempting to transform themselves into a self sustaining kingodm,buying foriegn buisinesses,shares etc.

i also hear they are planning to harvest the ocean as a source of water via the use of desalinisation plants which uses collossal amounts of energy.

interesting country, a bloated yet beautiful oasis within the desert.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join