It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pyramid Capable Of Housing 1 Million People To Be Built In Dubai

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I give them credit for being one of the only oil-wealth kingdoms/countries in the WORLD who is spending the effort to build a new economy.. they will/are/have going to attract a lot of wealthy people to their country as well as businesses. I know if I had the money I would buy a house on one of those World Islands! It's the New York of the Middle East

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This city will be the target for a foreign invading force who see the obscenely wealthy as a legitamate target. One must believe that regular 9-5's can afford to reside at these fabulous hotels or live on their islands, or that perhas there are enough millionaires in that tiny place to fill up all that space?

It's only purpose is to bring in all of the worlds wealthiest citizens. I foresee some serious doom for the future of that city honestly. It is probably the biggest display of wealth and obscene excess the world has ever known.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Average Condo (which you can browse online) is around 100-300k USD.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh yea? Well where online can I find this then. Soudns like good investment

I still hold to the belief this is simply a show of obscene excess and wealth.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A little off topic, but do any of you know the Warhammer 40K Universe by Games Workshop?

On one of the futuristic worlds, Necromunda, they build massive Spire cities, known as Hive Spires. The Spires reach up kilometers into the dead planet's atmosphere and they house many millions of people.

Reading this article makes me think that we're taking the first steps towards living in an artifical world, while the planet dies...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ummm escape to? You think living there is going to be cheap? LOL, its not cheap NOW. How on earth do you think its going to be cheap to live in a man-made oasis while the rest of the plaent is going to crap? This makes no sense to me.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
More and more I am starting to think someone has the answers as to what is coming, and slowly the unlucky rest of us are being drained of their money as fast as they can be. To me, it seems like Dubai will be one of the few places to escape what ever it is that is coming. As to what it is, we are left to wonder.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Hello. I am not a member but am thinking of joining this evening. Regardless, if you are interested in this type of "mega-housing" a must check out is JG Ballard's HIGHRISE. It explores the breakdown of society within a mega structure, where the upper floor tennants conspire against those below them. Many interesting issues raised.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
For those of you wondering how a lot of this is happening and how they are on track to sustain this mega city?

Here is just one piece of the puzzle, surely with more to follow suit.

Tiger Woods Dubai

TWD is Tiger's 1.1 Billion dollar investment into this area, began in 2006 and planned to complete sometime in 2009.

They are getting help from some influencial and wealthy people from around the world who want to secure their own place of luxury in the new Dubai sanctuary.

As a budding architect, I stand in awe of the creations that are going up in Dubai. Perhaps they plan to stand out as a man-made wonder of the world with the transformation of the once desolate and barren desert into a lush and posh playground for the rich and influential of the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
holy oil money fu**in rocks batman!

wow
oh wow...

if what is said on that website is true, then i am truly impressed...

i guess it is about time till all that black gold got spent on sumthin, eh?

thanks for the info

star & flag

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It looks like the most insane and amazing thing ever to be built

It will be over 1km high taller than the burj dubai the current tallest building in the world, but will be much much wider.

Its size will dwarf anything, it will be the most amazing thing the human race has built since the Pyramids of Giza since it will dwarf it in size and will power itself with solar ect

maybe this is only the beginning and in the future their will be many of these cities as they are more environmentally friendly then the cities we have now.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow does this ever remind me of Benjamin Fulford's last interview with Rense. He said he had proof (documents, recordings) of a meeting where he was told they, the geopolitical evil godless cartels, and I wonder which bankers in the US and UK he was talking about
planned on carving up China, and creating 6 kingdoms, also resurrecting a kingdom near Afghanistan and rebuilding it, and somewhere else in the middle east, diminishing the importance of the US, depopulating the world significantly, and ruling in their Babylonian glory
the serfs from their new kingdoms in the middle east. The survivors would be slammed back to ice age barbaric religions that would be the law of the land, so homosexuals and adulterors would be hung, even in Christian regions. This last nugget of our happy happy joy joy experience from Commander X disclosing a new kind of Sharia law type Christianity planned for us.
Of course the first step is to wrestle all the land from the common people by wars (Afghanistan, Iraq, and soon probably Iran). This pyramid looks like it will fit right into the new theme park for the middle east.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm curious if at some point, they will adopt their own set of laws. This is quite interesting, and I'm wondering if there is a larger goal in mind, or perhaps just very rich and bored people making futuristic dreams come true.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
what I don't get is the arabic "extremists" claim that our country is filled with infadels becuase of our wastefulness and such and yet they have a country that is FAR more wasteful, etc...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Eh it's cool. Let them build their Atlantis Elitist whack fest in the desert.

Karma, buddy! Karma!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Um, "thrown off religious differences"...? I don't think so!!! Homosexuality is illegal in Dubai because of the teachings of the Koran. This city does not represent the future of humanity it represents the 15th century on financial steroids mimicking the 21st century in appearance only.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Dubai knows that the oil is not going to last forever hence investment elswhere to sustain the economy in the future. They do have some fantastic buildings and I'm sure they will build the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would be really curious to see what the bible code says on Dubai. Nothing on the net I can see.

ama

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My company is heavily involved in project managing a lot of these developments out in Dubai, we did the indoor ski centre and many of the high rise buildings.

They keep asking me to go out there as they are desperate for more quantity surveyors and project managers and the money they offer to do this is big... at least £50,000 to £70,000 ($140,000) a year TAX FREE and an apartment that is paid for and you can keep. A lot of my co-workers went over there 2 or 3 years ago, too much of a move for me though.

A lot of people in the construction industry know there's been a big demand for man power out there for a few years now.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by II HAL II]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Eh it's cool. Let them build their Atlantis Elitist whack fest in the desert.

Karma, buddy! Karma!

What karma?

What's wrong with this city, except for the almost slave labour?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join