It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mark of the beast is probably the act of communion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm sure that by now all if not most of you are familiar with the biblical passages that relate to the mark of the beast, therefore I see not the need to quote them all. However, if someone is uncertain of them, I'm more than welcome to provide links pertaining to such.

Now with that said, I believe that the mark of the beast [which I do not believe in whatsoever, but for arguments sake,...] is the act of 'holy communion'. So the mark of the beast is the act of communion you say, well whom does this affect? Well here is a list of people who participate in this act: Eastern Orthodoxy, Angelicans, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists, Calvinists, Latter Day Saints, Eastern Christians, Roman Catholics, Jehova's Witnesses, and many others. A shocking amount to be honest.

Generally, in all communion/eucharistic practices the 'bread and wine'/'body and blood' are receiving either A: in the palm of the hand!, or in the mouth. Following the acceptance of this so-called bread/body there is usually a 'sign/mark' placed upon the forehead! of the receiver, from the church leader.

I believe that this act clearly is what is being referred to in the bible, as the mark of the beast so to speak.

So with the act of communion we are left with the 'bread and wine/body and blood', with this being said I refer you to look at Number 6:3 "He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried. All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree." Clearly, the 'vine tree' is related to the forbidden fruit. And furthermore, I believe that this forbidden fruit is actually the Grape. Also, notice how in the quote the vine is said to be a tree.

So then, why is the vine tree "forbidden fruit"? Well, it's 'forbidden because it is a type of blood. The vine tree(probably a grape), therefore grape juice, it represents blood. Matthew 26:26 "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament. So clearly, grapes(from the vine tree) and their juice is a type of blood.

"So now, we know that a tree is forbidden, and grape juice is forbidden to the Nazarite; but, if grape juice is a type of blood, then blood should be forbidden. Let's turn to Genesis 9, and notice that blood is forbidden. So blood and grape juice are inseparably connected. Genesis 9:4: But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat."

Also, " Furthermore, it's forbidden in the New Testament. Go to Acts chapter 15. Not only under the law, and before the law, but after the law--before the law in Genesis 9, the blood is forbidden; under the law in Leviticus 17, blood is forbidden; and Acts chapter 15, under grace blood is forbidden. Acts 15:28: For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood."

It is easy to correlate the similarity between grape juice and wine. It is also easy to correlate the similarity between wine and blood. It is also interesting to note that the first miracles and a large amount of the miracle in the bible both old and new testament involved the tranformation of blood and wine.

Source:www.kjv1611.org.uk... At this site the author clearly states how grapes are the unholy of all unholies(sp?) Remember that quote in Genesis 2:23 "Bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh" it was spoken in regards to the creation of Adam. Well, its interesting to note that blood was not in that recipe for the making of Adam. Neither did the resurrection body as stated in the above mentioned source.

I could continue on this tangent for quite some time, but my point is that I think that The Mark of the Beast is probably and more than likely The Act of Communion. Hence drinking of the blood and eating of the flesh.

Second source:en.wikipedia.org...

Note: I am of no religion whatsoever, and do not believe nor endorse in the bible as being factual.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Your logic is so flawed it is very, very sad.

The premise of your entire point is to say that Christ is Satan. This makes no sense whatsoever, because the “Mark of the Beast” is written in the book of revelation. A book that was a vision to John from Christ, which is why Christ is speaking in John's vision.

Why don’t you stop trying to lie to people with your illogical rantings and simply claim your point daemon. For by the name of Christ our lord and savior let you speak the truth and stop hiding your lies behind a guise of being a follower of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Receiving Communion is not a requirement for commerce though. The Book of Revelation tells us the mark will be required to buy or sell. I cannot see how this relates to communion.

I think it is a "Mark". Communion does not leave a mark on your hand.

A microchip scar, and or tattoo relating somehow to the chip is the most plausible theory I have heard.

Holy Communion is a beautiful gift from God.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hot_Wings,

Well, thanks for the insults. Much appreciated. Courtesy would have been nice, and kind.

The drinking of wine/blood and eating of flesh/bread in the act of communion is what might be the so-called mark of the beast. Just throwing it out there as an idea, thats all. No need to be outright mean to me. Thanks.

[edit on 29/8/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Well said Hot Wings.

This is an offensive post. May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Thank you my brother, together we can defeat the forces of evil. may God help us both in this journey

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Missing Blue Sky,

Granted it does not affect commerce. Point taken, on that note. However, if my post offends you, you have every right not to open it, read it, or be involved in it. I did not force it upon you.

As for the 'mark', there is generally a 'sign' of the cross made upon one's forehead in the communion process. This in my opinion can resemble a 'mark'. In my opinion a sign and a mark are closely related.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Good Joke!!

I read up till the part about the "mark" made by the priest. As a Catholic I can tell you that I've never experienced this mark you speak of except on Ash Wednesday. The mark is the sign of the Cross...

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,

If you want shock for the sake of shock then...
I suggest your next post should be titled:

"Jesus is the Devil..."

Then the body of your text you can ad a disclaimer like you did with your above post, like so:
"I don't believe in the Devil per se, but if there was such an evil entity, don't you think Jesus might be culprit #1...

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Besides, if the grape and thus the vine tree (as pointed out in my source) really is the forbidden fruit per se, and the grape symbolizes blood and wine, then would it not seem logical that the act of communion and accepting this blood and drinking of it, thus trans-substantiation. Is the same as eating of the forbidden fruit/tree? It seems logical in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Gateway,
I read your post up until you encouraged me to make a post proclaiming that 'Jesus is the Devil'.

So anyway my point was that, the sign of the cross is still a mark, in a way being as that it is placed upon the forehead.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What I find rather funny around here on ATS is the number of anti-Christian threads. I mean I see a few anti-Muslim threads which are just as stupid.

But I've yet to see, Anti-Hindu, Anti-Jewish, Anti-Buddhist, Anti-Newager. Is it because it is SEEMED that much more progressive when you attack Christianity and less so when you attack other religions?

Perhaps it seems more 'PC' here on ATS to rip apart Christians and their faith and seem more in tuned AND HIP when you're wearing a triangle over your head and hugging a tree or eating shrooms or smoking pot.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Gateway,

I will not accuse you of inferring that I "hug trees, wear a triangle on my head, smoke pot, or eat shrooms' but to say the least I don't do any of those. If anything, for your information I in fact love trees(especially during Autumn), but my liking of them isn't really enough to persuade me to start physically hugging them.

Next, my thread which you sort of derailed, but that is okay is not meant and was not aimed at being 'anti-christian'. I was just stating my opinion on what may or may not be the so-called mark of the beast, that all. In fact, I dont even think that I am 'ripping apart' Christians. I stated over 6 branches of religion that are involved in the act of communion. And did not intend to 'rip apart' anyone, just to state my opinion. Which in a sense, is raising an idea that maybe wasn't posed to the Above Top Secret Community before, thus if anything by pondering what the mark of the beast is, I am denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You are not denying ignorance, you are exhibiting ignorance. I mean ignorance in the clinical sense, such as you are ignorant or uniformed of the facts.

Through Transubstantiation Jesus Christ is Truly present, body and blood, soul and divinity, in the sacrament of the Eucharist. Through the protestant belief of Consubstantiation Jesus is with the bread and wine. You are saying Jesus is Satan, by saying Communion will condemn us to Hell. Remember whoever takes the mark will be condemned for all eternity.

John the Divine, to whom the prophecy of the mark of the beast was revealed, was a practitioner of the Eucharist and physical evidence of Mass being celebrated in his prison at Patmos has been unearthed. This is Not what John meant, he was describing images he could not understand, but described them as best as he could. He would have been able to describe communion, because he did it frequently.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I think that you are wrong in one point because the mark is Tithing, of course that leaves a mark in ink on your fingers and in your daily life in the fact that you are required to give the church money. sooner or later the church always wants your money. God does not need money and if he thought that worshiping him in a 30,000 sqft church was a need and not a want then he would gladly fund it himself.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I agree Gateway, there are droves of depraved people that troll on this forum with anti-Christian posts. But you and I and most people know why they do this. It is just that we do not utterly destroy them with the truth because we have compassion for them. But I will do so now.

One of the greatest minds on earth spoke of why people do this in his work Summa Contra Gentiles 1, 9-14 “Proof of God’s Existence.”:

“It is instinctively self evident that God exists, those who challenge God’s existence do so from a rebellious stance, defying what is naturally accepted in most people.”

You see, the people who deny God are the ones who are acting like children in rebellion. They often are the very ones who claim, “Prove God exists” to many others. These people hate God. Like all children they are demanding attention and these rebellious children will use accept negative attention if they can get it. You see they enjoy when you defend God because they like to believe that you are trying to save them from themselves. They laugh at your attempts and dodge and weave every argument as the poster did my reply to his foolishness.

All he stated to my reply was, “Your sooo mean you nasty person you.” This is how you can see their childish rebellion. There is no defending his claims. There is no rational argument he can make about his post. He is claiming that Jesus is the Devil, and he knows full well that we can see though his childishness and through his attempts at making an adult argument. Even now, he and all those who rebel against God are reading every word of this post and yours with glee and a grin of mischievous cheer for they also know as well that we cannot prove that God exists, for that is the nature of God.

They do this because there is no other way for them to rebel in the real world. They make their claims here because we allow them too and they know that they will not be forced to live with their foolishness. But let me tell you, they are depraved to the core, make no mistake. They have little to friends in the world outside the computer, for they cannot make their claims to the real world without being forced to confront their own rebellious childishness. They cannot be trusted by any who follow God for anyone who rebels against what St. Thomas Aquinas calls “Self-evident” is someone who would murder and commit the most unspeakable crimes if they believed that they could get away with it.

Think what it must be like to live as a complete child who rebels from God? Think of the scheming and plotting of his argument. He has spent a lot of time plotting and scheming to create the illusion of a valid argument against God. Can there be a more depraved and pathetic existence? No. Even the pagans who worship the sun would call him a fool if he was among them because even then he would be forced to choose one God over another.

Anyone alive can find the truth of God’s existence if they so choose. This is why St. Thomas calls them rebellious children. It is wise enough to know my friend that if you should ever meet one of these people in the real world, have nothing whatsoever to do with them. For their depravity is hidden very deeply and only when they think they can get away with it unscathed do they reveal it.

These people live cowardly lives in seclusion fearing danger of any kind. For as St. Thomas says, they know that God exists, but they choose to rebel. They constantly fear death and punishment from God. They will never risk their own life to save anyone else. These people will rarely if ever be found in places of danger like law enforcement, or the military. Never trust one with your life, for they will surely let you die to save their own depravity. I say these things in all seriousness my friend because to rebel against God is a most serious matter. They themselves do not even realize the extent of their depravity.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Missing Blue Sky,

physical evidence of Mass being celebrated in his prison at Patmos has been unearthed.

Can you please provide a link?

This is Not what John meant, he was describing images he could not understand, but described them as best as he could.

Whatever you say,...

I am not intending to mock Jesus Christ nor anything of that sort. All I'm saying is that it is possible that the forbidden fruit/tree is a grape/vine that's all. And with it being forbidden I would think that drinking of a metaphorical wine/blood in the sacrament of communion could be seen as going against God and eating of the forbidden fruit which might be a grape coming from a 'vine tree'.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hot_Wings,

Please stop derailing and hijacking my thread. Thank you, kindly.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
Your logic is so flawed it is very, very sad.

The premise of your entire point is to say that Christ is Satan. This makes no sense whatsoever, because the “Mark of the Beast” is written in the book of revelation. A book that was a vision to John from Christ, which is why Christ is speaking in John's vision.

Why don’t you stop trying to lie to people with your illogical rantings and simply claim your point daemon. For by the name of Christ our lord and savior let you speak the truth and stop hiding your lies behind a guise of being a follower of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Hot_Wings]

I'll say Amen to that.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The reference to wine is mute. These were instructions for living in the desert. After that danger was lifted wine was once again a normal part of Hebrew life.

If you are living in the desert under extreme conditions it would be wise not to get drunk or poison yourself with vinegar. Not drinking alcohol in extreme heat is a warning given today to avoid heat stroke.

Remember too, Jesus first miracle was to turn water into wine.

Bread and wine are prefigured over and over in scripture.

In the Old Testament King Priest Melchizedeck offers a thanksgiving sacrifice to God of Bread and Wine.

God sends Manna to the Israelites, Bread from Heaven.

Passover the most Holy of the Jewish observances has a communal cup of wine and unleavened bread.

The Israelites had three harvest festivals of Wheat , Wine and Lambs.

Isiah 25:6 "On this mountain top the Lord of hosts will provide the peoples juicy rich food and pure choice wines."

Bethlehem, translates into "Place of the Bread"

Baby Jesus was laid in a manger, a feeding trough, for lowly animals.

The feeding of the multitudes by Jesus miraculously multiplying the loaves.

So no I do not think communion is the mark of the beast.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Missing Blue Sky,

So no I do not think communion is the mark of the beast.

Great, I value your opinion and thank you for the reply.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join