It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experimental Link Found Between Sun and Climate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Experimental Link Found Between Sun and Climate

www.dailytech.com

Now, new research may have provided just that evidence, with data demonstrating that solar variations have had major effects on the earth's climate as recent as 2,000 years ago. The research, conducted by a team of scientists from the Universities of Ohio, Minnesota, and Texas at Arlington, confirms that, during periods when the earth received less solar radiation, the Atlantic Ocean cooled, rainfall levels dropped, and North America experienced periods of intense drought.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm not about to claim that man doesn't have an effect on the climate through various forms of pollution, but it is good to see serious open minded research into other factors that could be influencing the climate as well.

Seven such events were detected, occurring once every 1,500 years, a period that matches the so-called "Bond Events" cycle of solar variation.

According to the study's lead author, Greg Springer, the correspondence provides "convincing evidence" of a solar effect on North American climate. "This really nails down the idea of solar influence on continental drought," said Springer.

www.dailytech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think pollution is very bad for a lot of reasons, but I think the climate changes that everyone is talking about are the result of our place in the Solar system.

[edit on 8/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's nice to finally have an actually study with some experimental evidence that supports it finally. I hope they nail Al Gore to the wall with this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No matter what this research says I guarantee that liberals are going to come out in droves to claim that man has caused the sun to increase its output, and therefore, we are responsible for global warming. And of course, it will be the fault of the USA for causing changes in the sun and a solar output tax will have to be put into effect to save us all. Mark my words!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hi I'm a liberal. A liberal libertarian I usually say. This sounds like interesting science and I will have to look into it further and see.

Even the author of the study has doubts and uncertaintes.

Springer tells DailyTech that the results "certainly lends support" to global warming skeptics. However, he himself is not sure that the recent level of variance is enough to explain all the warming the Earth has undergone in the past 100 years.

www.dailytech.com... n+Sun+and+Climate/article12804.htm

It's just science fellas. Not a conspiracy from Al Gore.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Yeah I didn't mean a conspiracy, I was just taking a stab at AL Gore's lose science in some areas of his documentary. I'm sure he meant well, but good intentions pave the well to Hell as they say.

top topics

join