It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ghosts are not Real

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Good luck proving something the government doesn't want you to know.

Yet somehow you just did.

Nothing that you have provided is proof of ghosts. Again many on this thread are not accusing individuals who have seen something strange of lying. Only that seeing/hearing/feeling something strange does not equal spirit of deceased human. Especially without evidence. Why is it that strange phenomenon are ghosts and not any of the other hypothesis, noted in previous posts?

You stated in an ealier post that if you do not think ghosts are real than you are poorly educated. Where are you obtaining this education that no one else is privy to. Is this education grounded in science? You also stated that there is lots of hard evidence of ghosts done by great scientists. Could you source some of this hard evidence?

[edit on 6-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Being one that does believe I can't remember any real evidence being provided. I mean lab type stuff anyway. There was that Dr. Duncan Macdougall that was doing the tests with scales in the learly 1911's (?) trying to determine if the human soul had any weight but he had nowhere near the test subjects to prove or disprove the theory. I think he had a total of six test subjects and I would imagine you would need a lot more to get an accurate study. I would imagine there would be a problem finding people willing to die on some really sensitive scales Although he did have an issue trying to account for all the weight the small amount of test subjects I wouldn't think would stand as the proof required by the scientific community nor this forum. I had read about it some rears back and I'm sure there is information about his work on the net.

It's an interesting read but if I remember right it will leave you with questions when you get through it.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

You stated in an ealier post that if you do not think ghosts are real than you are poorly educated. Where are you obtaining this education that no one else is privy to. Is this education grounded in science? You also stated that there is lots of hard evidence of ghosts done by great scientists. Could you source some of this hard evidence?

[edit on 6-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

Sure,
video.google.com...

I'm too lazy to write a book report for you right now, so you can write down notes from that documentary and then search the web and research on your own.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I cant watch that video here at work. Does the video cite any sources. Hard evidence would include some type of scientific study or experiment. Where can I find the data that this video is using as proof of ghosts? I will certaintly watch it later but you keep saying there is lots of HARD evidence but you keep posting videos. I'm talking about actual science, not a video or picture or what someone thinks.

By the way I have researched it and so have others and not one person has yet to put forward any actual evidence that ghosts are real. You dont have to write a book report but humor me with some sources for your proof.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but to come on here and demand evidence for ghosts is trolling in itself, in my book. Of course you're not going to hear any ground-breaking apparent evidence of deceased spirits. If there were such things, you'd have known about it from mainstream media already. So quit acting like a holy scientist, humoring yourself by everyone breaking their waves on your rocks of rigidity. Pardon my language, though, in all honesty.

What you can do instead, is educate yourself about supposed spirits and their supposed realms, and one of two things might happen:

1) You read a few books, and decide to stop wasting anymore time.
2) You read a few books, and find that there are some factors in this world you need to question further with tools other than science.

I'm stickler for the scientific approach, but also recognize that pinning my flag in that trench alone would be hazardous to my personal development and would also potentially limit my potential understanding of the world. In short, question everything, but do it in moderation.

And for what it's worth, the video that was posted wasn't very good. Interesting, but not very good. That's just my opinion, of course. :-)

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Bonestone]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Just another excuse for being uneducated.
Why should I present hard evidence to you because your to lazy to research yourself?

Your asking me to fly around the world and gather proof of ghosts and come to your front door and serve it to you on a silver platter.

Quit fooling yourself, your not willing spend the money to gather the large amounts of hard evidence around the world on spirits.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonestone

So I'm wrong to ask for evidence but others are free to claim they have evidence when they do not. I am only wondering why people assume that a strange noise/vision/etc is a ghost. There isnt any evidence to say its a ghost, it could be some other quantum event but some on this thread claim to know the truth but they are unwilling to share the secrets or provide any evidence that what they are seeing are actually spirits of deceased humans.

I'm sorry I offended you by requesting evidence for extraordinary claims and not accepting them on blind faith.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Yes humor me with evidence. Because I cannot find any evidence of ghosts being real. I have searched and I cannot find any evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Watch the video buds posted, theres plenty of evidence in there that is researchible.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

haveing had several experieances with ghosts the one i will quote is a little girl who walked into our bathroom and locked the door.. mistaking her for my niece amanda who was 8 years old at the time my sister said come on amanda we have to go.. and here she comes out of the living room.. which is in the other direction.. we go to the door and find its still locked i had to go around the house and climb through the window to open it.., so there for i do believe in ghosts, and on top of that most dont see them as people tend to be to wrapped up in their own life to notice such things and by the way there is evidence other than photos theres several different kinds of equipment that is used to detect this activity..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

simpel answer the source is ancient wisdom and there is no need for a book ...all really important things we only find deep within every thing else is just "knowledge " ...but for the simple truth we need no proof ....and thank you for your interest ; ) .....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

May I ask you why you are that upset about how others think/feel about ghosts ....does this topic scares you ?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hmmm, it may actually be that the OP was asked to do a school project for psychology class and the idea came to mind that it would be a hoot to mess with people's minds on a controversial subject like ghosts....

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Hey, in reply to your post, I really don't know. I mean, I like to believe in Ghosts, and I believe personally in the theory that is the magnetic fields in the Earth, which do provide like, a weird version of 'gravity' (i don't know how to describe this too well, bear with me, lol!), which holds some Ghosts bound to the Earth, while others are just not bound to the Human Plane, I guess?

I see what you mean by 9/11 and the spirits of those who should be haunting the place. However , I guess it depends on the individual spirit (do I sound a bit coo coo?! haha!). But you get what I mean though right?

I still believe in Ghosts though, I did the London Tombs at the weekend, wasn't what I was hoping for it to be. Most Haunted did the Total Darkness the weekend before, and I thought it'd be a similar thing, like minimal light, but going round exploring. However turned out to be a hyped up, Total Darkness version of London Dungeons, and actors jumping out at you in the dark.

I do believe you need to make your own educated guess though, and hopefully you'll make your own decision as to what to think about Ghosts and if they do indeed 'haunt' or whatever it is that they're here to do
)

That's my personal opinion anyways! Hopefully I've not offended anyone? Please tell me if I have, hehe!

much love, hope it all works out for you dude! x

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by comecloser

May I ask you why you are that upset about how others think/feel about ghosts ....does this topic scares you ?

Yup you guessed it. The idea of ‘ghosts’ scares me so I suggest looking at the topic from a rational, scientific viewpoint. Did you read any of my posts? I am open to the idea that what people are seeing are ghosts, but as far as I can tell there is not one shred of evidence to prove that they are in fact ghosts and not some other quantum event or something else that has yet to be hypothesized.

I just find it to be very narrow minded to assume that these events are ghosts or the spirits of dead humans when there is not any evidence to prove that they are.

I would love for aliens to be real and have had visited this planet. The implications of such a thing are mind blowing (as they would be for the existence of ghosts). The math behind the size of the universe says that there should be life elsewhere. But as of right now the only 'evidence' we have for the existence of aliens is eye witness accounts and other circumstantial claims and evidence. In my opinion, this is not enough evidence for proof that aliens have or are currently visiting this planet. So, the alien phenomenon could be aliens (one hypothesis) or it could be the government, or it could be some other quantum phenomenon or again it could be some other explanation. We just don’t have enough evidence to say which one, if any of the proposed hypotheses are true.

Same thing holds for the existence of ghosts. Lots of eye witness accounts and other vague circumstantial evidence but nothing even close to proof.

I have been polite to all posters I have responded to and I have not questioned whether or not they have seen something strange. I have not belittled anyone for their claiming to have seen something, I have only asked what leads them to believe what they are seeing are ghosts and if anything I have gotten rude responses. That I'm not educated, or that I need to read up on ghosts (yet no one will provide any links to scientific data or studies) or that I am unable or unwilling to know why or that I'm trolling or that I'm scared of ghosts. I am only trying to deny ignorance, the mantra of this site. If people want to believe things without evidence, fine but don’t act holier than thou and bask in secret knowledge of the after life, while at the same time feeling it is below them to provide any data that is relevant.

But if you want to take all my posts and hypotheses and attempts to look at this phenomenon from a scientific and rational viewpoint, and sum them all up into, me being afraid of ghosts, so be it. Your attempts to belittle me only reflect upon yourself.

It could be said that those who believe in ghosts without evidence are scared to research this phenomenon any further, as it may lead to a truth that does not fit their belief. Thus collapsing their vision of the after-life and destroying their ego driven ability to dismiss and tower above all who don’t believe as not being open to phenomenon that cannot be tested by traditional science. Of course I wouldn’t say this because I do not wish to insult people; I only wish to see a scientific discussion of this topic.

Science may have its short comings but it’s currently the best system we have for unraveling the mysteries of the universe. Science may not be perfect but it has long surpassed blind faith and unreasoned belief as a better form of learning and reasoning. People are free to believe what ever they want but to tout belief as science is insulting. They are two completely separate concepts, one is speculation and the other validates that speculation.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Maybe ghosts can only appear in certain places. Think about it, ghosts rarely ever appear in vastly populated areas (i.e the middle of New York), they also don't seem to like showing themselves in the middle of the day and they don't seem to like appearing in areas that are extremely well lit at night (i.e the middle of New York).

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In 1987, I saw my mother's "ghost" standing in the middle of my living room while the sun was shining brightly in the room. She was in full/solid form. She stood smiling at me and didn't say a word but her facial expression was that of "I'm here to comfort you and I'm happy". I was not asleep, not on drugs, don't hallucinate and am level headed enough to know that this was my mother and not my imagination. Anyone who has lost a loved one and then sees them 6 years after they die in full figure and solid, wouldn't need scientific evidence of the existence of "ghosts".
There are some things in life that science can't explain or prove. Our current scientific technology just isn't quite sophisticated enough to capture the unquestionable existence of "ghosts". Some food for thought can be found at www.zerotime.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've always wondered if ghosts were nothing more than a sliver of space/time that somehow got jarred loose since one of the most common elements surrounding ghost activity is "trauma". I suppose that depends on one's view on time being finite or infinite. But my understanding of basic physics has always been that nothing truly begins or ends since matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed. If so it doesn't seem implausible to me that time could have spots that are "thinner" thanks to extreme forces in the universe, which would allow these "loose" spots to appear like bumps under the covers, vague and indecipherable, but it sure does look like something's there.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We can only guess at what it is that may control the energy's ability to appear and what circumstances are needed. Going back to my previous post about my mother's "ghost", I can say that she passed away peacefully at the age of 74. In my case, I believe that her spiritual energy stayed because she felt she needed to guide me due to the fact that I was still quite young (she adopted me as an infant when she was 55). 1987 was two years after my divorce and I had a young son to take care of so I believe she visited me to reassure me that I am not alone at a time when I felt quite alone. I know one thing for sure though....we will all know the answers to all of these questions when our time is through in this life. This is only what I believe and I know that there is nothing I can say or do to prove any of it to anyone. You have to find it within yourself to be open minded enough that such things exist that can elude science.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by intrigued2]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

I believe the major problem understanding this phenomenon has to do with some assumptions of yours.

So you're saying, that just because there aren't many ghosts at a place you think should have them, then they really don't exist?!?!? ..

How about this, there aren't ghosts there, because their existence has nothing to do with the beliefs you have about them!

I was told by a famous ghost hunter in chicago, that they are caught between worlds, that they did not go to the light.

I don't know if that is the case or not, perhaps demons are imitating the former occupants of that spacesuit we refer to as a body, just to screw with us!?

good luck on your quest

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join