It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple decentralizing the media and noone has noticed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Centralized media in the USA is a problem.

Apple brought to market iTunes. It did so with the big record companies...later on they quietly throught the backdoor let in all the small indie record companies. You can even put your own stuff on iTunes as an independant artist and for the first time compete on the same shelves as the big companies !

Then it brought to market movies, TV shows etc. Again with the big companies and later on let the small indie production companies in through the backdoor very quietly without any noise.

On top of this they are making it very easy to find video and audio podcasts which most anyone can produce and compete with the big media on the same shelves.

The iPod is the vehicle for all this decentralized material, so people can walk around and hear all this information and not the radio playing propaganda everywhere they go.

Steve Jobs is the architect behind this and he was clever enough to first make the boat rock in collaboration with Big Media.... but this is the man who is known for hating TV and he never watches it himself!

The Mac is made for video and audio podcasting. Giving anyone the tools to create professional podcasts - video or audio.

Apple's marketshare is rising like it did in the beginning of the companys startup.

Is Apple quietly putting a knife in the centralized media power pyramid, using technology in stead of politics? ...and if so, are you supporting their quiet efforts...?

MyAppleSpace has just begun gathering all the Apple users from all over the world, in a united MySpace exclusively for Apple users (iPhone, iPod & Mac users).
On this site a very interesting internet radio host: The Kost Live
...can answer any Mac critic and take him to the cleaners. Watch him and learn !

How many users will be on this site in two years I wonder? Will it help bring about a global Apple revolution in terms of ordinary peoples being able to do increcible things with easy to use technology?

We CAN get the word out, we HAVE the technology.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cade

Interesting, If they could de-stabilize mainstream media and we would be laughing!.. Doubt it will happen any time soon, especially seeing how they are trying to censor the web!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
True, they are trying to censor the web. And we better start using the available technology to muster up the troops for a free internet !

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I Saw this site in a post on the thread is the internet about to be censored?

Save the Internet

Its a start to help make it public!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ha ha - THEY MUST BE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD !!! .... they just put up SAVE THE INTERNET in the left upper corner ! (MyAppleSpace.com)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cade

I was right there with you until the "MyAppleSpace" load of rubbish. Why on earth would anyone need a MySpace for Apple users? (And by the way, isn't it against ATS T&C to advertise another board?) But back my rant, what good does collecting a bunch of Mac users in one place do? Mac users are everywhere on the internet, on every board in every forum. What possible value could MyAppleSpace offer that they're not getting everywhere else on the net?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Excuse me, you don't see what good could come from Apple users being able to find support, tricks & tips, software recommendations etc? If you are unable to see such an obvious and selfexplanatory thing, perhaps instead you are able to grasp how any subculture feels when they find like minded people? If it helps, try to compare how any other hobbyist feels when he's surrounded by likeminded people. All these things are pure "rubbish" to you? Do you have any understanding of the world around you, what so ever?

With all due respect.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cade
Excuse me, you don't see what good could come from Apple users being able to find support, tricks & tips, software recommendations etc? If you are unable to see such an obvious and selfexplanatory thing, perhaps instead you are able to grasp how any subculture feels when they find like minded people? If it helps, try to compare how any other hobbyist feels when he's surrounded by likeminded people. All these things are pure "rubbish" to you? Do you have any understanding of the world around you, what so ever?

With all due respect.
Last time I checked, it was called Google. Works pretty well. Beyond that, first community/forum I turn to after my friends aren't able to help me, would be the Macintoshian Achaia over at Ars Techinca. It's not as if the Mac is a fringe and hobbiest thing with no other resources. Heck, I could point to dozens of sites. I'm just baffled that anyone who thinks using MySpace as a rolemodel for a meaningful signal-to-noise ratio is pretty looney.

And yes, I've been an Apple owner since 1983 and a Mac owner since 1987, so I drink Steve Jobs' Kool Aide, which is why I scoff at the site you linked to.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not me. I prefer linux, which is both user friendly and pretty customizable,never mind secure.
Also, we build our own computers, or buy inexpensive dual core amds with nvidia kits, and apple is incredibly overpriced! I concede the beauty part though, and if I suddenly found myself a lot wealthier I'd dual boot with mac,not windows! But I even got world of warcraft and a few other things working on plain old wine now, faster than on xp.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

aaahhh so your REAL spiff is not the fact that Apple users get together on the internet at the url MyAppleSpace.com BUT rather that they get together in a place that you don't use as YOUR "get together place" (and thank you for linking to YOUR favorite places).

Ofcause, nothing is easier than going to google and finding a lot of Apple using friends.

I do it all the time....

Well I'm sure we all think that your favorite places are for ever cool, and new places which serves the same purpose is just pure "rubbish"
))).

So...you got any other brilliant arguments as to why your sites are the only way to go and MyAppleSpace is just pure rubbish? You sound so "together" when you try to convince us all that it's ridiculus to use any other sites for hooking up with Apple users than the onces your using... what were the ones you recommend again?

Can you admit that all along it was just a play from your side to make us use the sites you prefer, and [for some unknown reason] keep us away from anything new?

You cheer me up, make me smile, cause you love the Mac but still have this kind of PC kinda' conservative "rule" inside that makes you come across as ....funny

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Usually it's Microsoft Fanboys who wouldn't get the point I made in my post, but to have a Mac user come in and totally divert the subject away from the "Apple is decentralizing the media" subject is a new one.

But to all you people out there who don't get offended if someone recommends a new site that you never heard of, and never used before.... what do YOU think about the point I'm making?

Who noticed how Apple is decentralizing the media? I bet Illuminati noticed right?

new topics

top topics

join