It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Does ATS Get All The Money?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I was just wondering how you guys fund this thing, that's all. Do you have a donations link or something? If not, I think we should start one.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
hmmm...

Yes, donations help keep the board going as well as revenue from the clickable adds to the right. (Be sure and click one a day.)

But right now I can't seem to find the paypal link for making donations. It should be on the main page of the forums.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
ATS gets money from lots of places but I will never tell.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
ATS gets money from lots of places but I will never tell.

Yep dont tell its me who pays for the whole thing!!

BBUUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

just jk

It gets its money I think mostly from donnations and from the google ads. So be sure to click on at least one or two a day to help out with costs.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There isn't a donations link? If not, I think we should implement one to help out with the costs. I'm sure everybody wouldn't mind a little contribution.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild There isn't a donations link?
I removed the link because of some recent problems with PayPal's security. Also, because the advertising is getting close to the point where it will sustain basic support, so the donation link isn't needed. The basic idea I've been helping Simon with, is to get the community to a critical mass where logical and supportive advertising (from companies with products and services that make sense to our members, and who use non-intrusive advertising) are able to support the site and perhaps fund growth. We're not there yet, but getting close.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
That's good. I am just trying to help out, that's all. If you guys are short on cash, give me a holler and I'll see what I can do for you.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
That's good. I am just trying to help out, that's all. If you guys are short on cash, give me a holler and I'll see what I can do for you.

Mr. M

Well now that you mention it, I could use a couple of thousand for a project I am working on....

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Riiiight.

HAHAHA!!!

What project might that be, if I may be so bold Sir?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Also Simon is a pimp in his spare time. Hes got mad coinage and blingbling etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Let Simon know that I have a business proposition for him concerning this "business" he is involved in.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Also Simon is a pimp in his spare time. Hes got mad coinage and blingbling etc.

LMAO!!!....yeah, and half of the staff are part-time jiggalows, and 90% of their cash goes straight to ATS fundement.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
maybe they ouhgt to kill this posting ....
if the right people got a hold of this one it could open up a can of worms
ill click on a add to day to help out

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Riiiight.

HAHAHA!!!

What project might that be, if I may be so bold Sir?

Mr. M

A static force field

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"I was just wondering how you guys fund this thing, that's all. Do you have a donations link or something? If not, I think we should start one.

Mr. M "

You know not many people would ask to donate like that-it's really refreshing. In fact, it has inspired me to want to help too.

So here what we do, put a few dollars or a check (just leave the payable to line blank-I'll take care of it until I get this sorted out) and mail it to Sargon, P.O. Box 5551212, NY, NY 12345.

I'll compile it all and make sure it gets to the ATS Staff.

Yeah, I know, here comes the 500 point ATS fine.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Great post. I did not connect in my head with clicking the ads to support the site.
I will do that daily.

Maybe a reminder posted at the top of some pages like the recent post link would help direct folks to those links so we don't lose the site or see the owners/moderators absorbing any cost.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We were actually contacted by Google for asking users to support our site and visiting an advertiser's link every now and again. So basically, we no longer ask users to do so...

Originally posted by nativeokie
Great post. I did not connect in my head with clicking the ads to support the site.
I will do that daily.

Maybe a reminder posted at the top of some pages like the recent post link would help direct folks to those links so we don't lose the site or see the owners/moderators absorbing any cost.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
they ask u not to do it anymore?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For you guys to take the link away, that blows my mind. You two get mad respect. It would be so easy to keep the link up, and take the money. Not just kissing ass, serious.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think that ATS should sell products in the ATS store like,
T-shirts, hats, coffee mug, drinking glasses etc..

I'd be interested in buying something like that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join