It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptic Overlords secret other life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just stumbled into this website...

www.williamirvine.com

Very interesting reading.

Kind of makes me feel like some kind of product on SOs supermarket shelf.

CT

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Kind of makes me feel like some kind of product on SOs supermarket shelf.

One of the reasons I have always been fascinated by ATS' business model.

But because ATS is likely limited in its potential to become a substantial business on its own, I can see why Bill would take the concept to other niche areas.

Does this freak you out for some reason?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No, I wouldnt say it 'freaks' me out per se.

The only thing freakish about it is how the image on the bottle is directly related to above top secret. You'd think he/they could come up with a new image, thereby not directly linking above top secret.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
-heh-

That's more than two years old... never paid much attention to it lately. There was a brief time when I was doing some consulting in the "Web 2.0" arena.

If you notice, there's no mention of The Above Network, LLC or my current title here... that puts the date before things got serious here with ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Well, he already paid for the artwork once....right?

He likely can't use images from projects he did for his clients, so he's using something from a business he partially owns.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'd say he's quite the visionary. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of the consumer market and gives them what they want. Nothing wrong with that.

If your OP is meant to imply that S.O. cares nothing for this site or the subject matter involved, I'd say you need to read through some of his threads.

If you're implying that we're being somehow "used" so Bill can get rich ask yourself why you're on this site. I have never once clicked on those banner ads or bought anything being advertised on ATS; although I did buy one thing that was mentioned in a thread that I would otherwise have been unaware of. I come here for the content, the alterntive news and a chance to interact with like-minded people.

Who benefits from this site more? Us or Bill? I'm personally glad of his involvement as more people are beginning to wake up and become aware of some of the monsters hiding under the proverbial bed. Conspiracy theorists are looked at a little differently these days than they (we) once were. We have S.O. to thank for that. I hope the man sleeps on large cushy stacks of $100.00 bills. Good for him. And ultimately good for us.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
SO,
well stated. point taken.

[edit on 27/8/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I heard he was spotted in Vegas dressed as a transvestite working the roulette wheel. Could have been bad intel though.

The guy is a genius. Who else could come up with a forum like this. If he wants his own line of spark plug wires, I'd say go for it.
[edit on 8/27/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

All I want to know is where I can get a bottle of that sauce...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Playtex and Ducktape.

Sounds about right as a stepping stone to ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Playtex and Ducktape.

Now you can say you know the guy that launched Rock Tapewright and Duck Tape Around The World.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Omni quando moriarty. Pleas have a seat for the man's prayer....
Duck tape is the best friend of lamo repairmen like me. It has its place. It held my 93 g20 together for years. And I wasn't even at the possum lodge.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That a really cool site.

Doesn't really work with Playtex though!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm now a member of the "Duck Tape Club"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Life is good

Semper

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Slow down sf, did you read this?

Duck Tape Club Points Program Official Rules
The following online promotion, sponsored by Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc. ("Sponsor"), is intended for viewing and participation by residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who meet the criteria described under "Eligibility" below. This promotion shall only be construed and interpreted according to U.S. law. Do not continue on this site if you are not 13 years of age or older and are not located in the United States or Canada.

Promotion Period
January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2005 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) Eastern Standard Time.

No Purchase Necessary To Enter
The Duck Tape Club Points Program requires no purchase necessary to enter.

Eligibility
The Duck Tape Club Points Program is an online promotion open to:

all UNITED STATES residents legally residing in the United States who are 13 years of age or older,
all CANADIAN residents, not including residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
All entrants must be registered users of Henkel Consumer Adhesive's www.ducktapeclub.com web site. Employees of Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc., its affiliates, agents, marketing and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
How to Enter The Duck Tape Club Loyalty Program
If you are not already a registered user of our web site, simply visit our site, click on the "Sign In/Join" link and you will be taken to the registration page of the Site. Then simply follow the on-screen instructions for registration. Registered users of the web site will earn Points for performing certain specified Activities on the Site during the Promotion Period (January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2005 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) Eastern Standard Time). The "Activities" on the site which will earn a registered user Points and the number of Points that can be earned for each such Activity are listed on the following chart:

Activity Points
1 Signing up to join DTC (One time only) 200
2 E-mailing to a friend (Limit 2/day, 10 for the day) 5
3 Submitting/entering a contest

Stuck at Prom (One time/year) 250

Rock Tapewright (One time/year) 50

Around the World 100
4 Winning a contest

Stuck at Prom 500

Rock Tapewright 100

Around the World 200
Real Life Story
Members Only
5 Submitting site content

Submitting a new project to the craft corner 150

Submitting a Real Life Story 50

Submitting Art 150

Submitting Fashion 150

Submitting a Link 25

Submitting Literature 150
**1,000 = Points to become member of the DTC Hall of Fame and win a DTC T-shirt
**900 = Points to win a DTC Hat
**800 = Points to win a DTC stuffed animal

Qualifications for Redeeming Points
All activities earning Points, including submitted stories, photos, projects, etc., will be screened for content deemed inappropriate by Henkel Consumer Adhesives such as, for example, profane language, inappropriate subject matter, copyrighted, trademarked or unoriginal material, or invalid contest entries. With regard to Points earned on contest entries, such Points will only be awarded for good faith, valid entries meeting the criteria of that contest. All submitted stories, photos, projects, etc., must conform to the attached guidelines and will be reviewed by a panel of two employees of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or edit any such submissions, and such decision shall be final and binding. Sponsor is not responsible for undelivered, illegible, late, lost, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions. Points, if approved, will be awarded within 10 business days of receipt of submission by Sponsor, and may be posted on www.ducktapeclub.com. As a registered user accumulates Points on the Site, his or her total Points earned to date will be posted on the user's home page.

Registered users of the Site who have earned 1,000 or more Points on the Site between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2005 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) Eastern Standard Time will be eligible to be entered into the Duck Tape Hall of Fame and will win a DTC t-shirt. Approximate retail value is $20.00 U.S. dollars. No cash substitutions.

Registered users of the Site who have earned 900 or more Points on the Site between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2005 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) Eastern Standard Time will be eligible win a Duck Tape Club Hat. Approximate retail value is $15.00 U.S. dollars. No cash substitutions.

Registered users of the Site who have earned 800 or more Points on the Site between January 1, 2005 and December 31, 2005 at 12:00 P.M. (noon) Eastern Standard Time will be eligible to win a Trust E. Duck Stuffed Toy. Approximate retail value is $5.00 U.S. dollars. No cash substitutions.

Upon reaching eligibility for a prize, you will be notified by e-mail, U.S. mail or by phone within 10 business days of reaching that level of Points, and will be given instructions on how to claim the prize, if you choose to redeem your Points. If you choose not to redeem your Points for that prize, you may continue to store your Points to redeem a prize upon reaching the next level during the Promotion Period. You can redeem prizes at any time during the Promotion Period. Upon redemption of a prize, Points will be deducted from your account. Duck Tape Club Hall of Fame Inductees will be selected based on the Activites completed and accepted for point credit. Hall of Fame Inductees will be notified by e-mail, U.S. mail or by phone within 10 business days of reaching 1,000 Points, and will be given instructions on how to claim the prize. Each Inductee will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (where permitted by law) within fourteen (14) days of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.

Other Terms and Conditions
Upon the expiration of the Promotion Period, any existing earned Points not redeemed will expire and all tallies of Points will be reset at 0. Prize Winners assume all liability for any injuries, losses or damages caused by his or her participation in the promotion and/or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize, and releases Henkel Consumer Adhesives, Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, representatives and employees (the "Released Parties") from any such liability. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this promotion. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment, software or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion or by any human or other errors which may occur in connection with this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor interfere with or corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the promotion.

Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, city, state and/or likeness for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the winning entrants, the prizes will be awarded to the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered. Entries and submissions become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned.

For questions on how any personal information submitted by participants is stored by Sponsor, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

Always with the points SO.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I'm now a member of the "Duck Tape Club"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Life is good

Semper

Oh my gosh ..so that means you and Dick (Cheney) will now be buddys eh ..LOL

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
That a really cool site.

That site is nothing like the one we launched in 1999 for them... full-frame Flash, lots of animation, comics, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is spooky, but I think I've actually been to the duct tape website before.

Honest.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

dam, and I have already given him most of my brilliant ideas.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Is it duct tape or duck tape? I went to St. Eds with a kid who's father was Manno. He ran one of biggest duck tape operations in Elyria. I think duck tape would just be cruel. What with that cute little extra insurance carrier duck and all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join