It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS school thought to allow guns in school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

My condolences for your loss. Truly, war sucks.
My question is how many where actually killed by gunfire? How many where killed by IED's, mines, ambush, and even friendly fire[an oxymoron if ever I heard one],etc. In open battle the object is to remove as many combatants as possible. The exception is sniper fire, It's generally more effective to cause stress and fear amongst the troops.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

If you knew the entire story you might change your mind. I have been to the town up there a bunch of times. It is about 30-40 min from sheriff help. Plus the school has around 120 students. Add into this that they have a horrible meth, and hobo problem. I know a teacher there and he carries anyway.
Kinda too late for debate.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by DisabledVet

Further do you not care enough about the safety of children that you would support DISARMING a law abiding citizen whom might be in the position to stop the murder of children by exercising his or her RIGHTS and protecting those by stopping the killer?

I think instead of fighting fire with fire, they first need to understand why weapons are being brought into the schools by pupils in the first place and maybe tackle that issue before issuing teachers guns just of the off chance that a lone gun man might open fire.

I think this action will only provoke more kids to carry weapons i.e schoollboy mentality "if its ok for the teachers then why can't I"

We shall see.........

You're talking about getting the kid some psychiatric help right? How is it supposed to be effective when many Americans believe psychiatry is nothing but a sham in the first place and it gets no respect as a field of medicine?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I brought an illegal pistol to school for two years, and I never shot anyone on school grounds. It would have been nice to be able to exercise my rights legally.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A town in virginia i believe required every household to carry a gun at one point not too long ago, and the town had a practically nonexistant crime rate.

Guns work this way - you either have no guns in the country (which would be against the second amendment, and on top of that, would never happen) or you arm everyone.

It is akin to the MAD senario, whereas the only thing keeping one country from nuking everyone else is because they know they would get buried by all the other countries. Everyone dies.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

No I am not talking about psychiatry, I am talking about understanding why people have guns and why people carry guns,knives e.t.c. More has to be done to educate children from an early age that these weapons kill, period!

Children carry guns and knives in order 'to protect themselves' or to feel 'powerful and safe' However, children in this day and age have ridiculous amount of stress and worry they are literally ticking time bombs waiting to go off.

There are so many factors to take in to account such as Families,Recreation activities,drugs,employment. I believe that to get to the real heart of the situation, we need to look at our governments.

Nothing is being done globally to support and promote happy family life. Everything is about seperating and destroying everything we once knew to be secure and homely. The psychiatry would not be needed if we could all get on.

I realise this is never going to happen especially as the 'powers that be' are doing so much to turn everyone against each other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join