It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature....all around me. Photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I wanted to post some photos that I took around my yard of all the wonderful things I get to see on a daily basis.

Here we have a pair of mallard ducks. They checked out the yard and decided it was a good place to lay eggs. Darned I wish I could find those photos, but this is second best, I guess.

And more ducks.

And here we have Derrick, our resident toad. He's been living under my patio for about 5 yrs now. He has lots of friends, sometimes as many as 8 can be seen on my patio.

And here's Derrick playing hide and seek.

And here's someone that Derrick stays far away from because this someone
would love to eat Derrick. Sammy the snake has been with us for about 5 yrs. He's a Eastern hognose snake, and a pretty big one at that!

Sammy likes to intimidate Derrick by leaving proof of his presence behind.

Continued

[edit on 26-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I caught this little guy scurrying up the tree. I was quick enough to snap off a few photos of him.

And here we have the home of those pesky little buggers. A hornets nest---right above my swimming pool! We got stung a lot last year.

I watched this guy for a few minutes. He loves my butterfly bush!

And here we have another slithery snake. I found him under a woodpile. I suspect he's an odd colored garter snake.

This little guy was stuck inbetween two fences. I wasn't sure if he was injured. He let me pick him up with no problems. I kept him for an hour or so until he looked better and let him go.

And here he is a few weeks later having dinner.

And now we have mama bird protecting her baby in the nest she built in our catalpa tree.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my photos. I love going out in my yard and seeing all the wonderful things in nature.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wonderful pictures my friend!

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Beautiful and funny!
I love the wildlife!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks for looking at my photos.
I live in a semi-rural area near Toledo, Oh. I have woods directly behind my yard. That accounts for a lot of the wildlife I see around me.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to eat the toad, but pretty much everything else is fair game.... more BTS than survival though.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
virraszto,

Knew it had to be somewhere semi close to where I live. I'm down in central Kentucky so I see a lot of the same wildlife in my yard everyday.

Beautiful stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Awesome! You must really love where you live! I love that you just observe and don't really try to interfere.

Sometimes it makes me sad that when other people live in places where there's various wildlife they just want to mess with the animals/insects/reptiles. Looking at these made me think about if I lived there I wouldn't be able to get my boyfriend to leave the poor creatures alone.

I just think it's okay to maybe handle small wildlife but I just think you should let them go after awhile. I just imagine what it would be like to suddenly be scooped up by a giant and carted around while trying to get free. Sounds very scary and not much fun at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very nice pictures indeed.

They really want to get me out of the concrete urban jungle I am in now.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
First of all , you take beautiful pictures! Thank you for posting them!

You certainly have a lot of visitors in your yard. This city girl pulled her feet up off the floor when scrolling thru the snake pics. I don't think i could get used to seeing them around. * shudders*

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Very nice pictures indeed.

They really want to get me out of the concrete urban jungle I am in now.

There's nature everywhere even in urban areas, just look around and see what you find.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've got a few more photos to add. More nature and wildlife.

Some might say oooohhh, gross! but it doesn't bother me.
Here we have 3 baby opposum or possum whichever you prefer. The mama was out in my yard and my dog chased her. She played dead and went stiff and as soon as she did, all her babies came wiggling out. I left them alone, hoping mama would gather them, but she didn't. She took off and never came back. I went back out at abt. 3 am with a flashlight looking for the babies because it was cold out and I knew they would die after being out for 6 hrs in the cold. I brought them in and found a rehab that took them. Yes, they are ugly, but I couldn't let them die.

And here they are...............

This little fellow was snacking on my flowers. Not the greatest photo, but how often are you able to get a photo of a field mouse?

Now, I know this one isn't really a nature shot, but I think it's so cool that my neighbors put their pig on a leash and let him enjoy being outside. They walk him down the street, too, just like a dog. lmao

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
that looks like r2-d2

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

What does? The pig?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alundaio

What does? The pig?

yea it looks like r2d2

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yea, and I bet you want to "co kick" with it and ride it's gravey train.

Great enjoyable pictures btw Vir. i'd like to see more.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
how come everything is not corny like it is during halloween

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Those pics are fantastic.. It's great when you get a day with decent lighting..Doesn't happen often in UK.

Are they all the Cybershot? Tripod?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing them. However, snakes, I hate snakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join