It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous aquatic beast: Bloop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

Anyway, it sorta reminds me of the YRG, I think it was, from the book "The Swarm". Anyway, it's probably something that wants to kill us.

Man, that book was awesome. I didn't eat crab for a year after I read it

On a more serious note, I think I already posted this. And the giant genetic memory amoeba was called the Yrr.

Anyways, I personally think that the source is some sort of undiscovered whale or squid. Hey, they found a bigger squid than Architeuthis in the antarctic a few years ago.

Colossal Squid

I love that book! And sorry for the miss of the Yrr.

The cool thing about it is that the main character is Norwegian, like myself, and the destruction of the entire west coastline of Norway. Awsome! I always wanted to make that film, but since Uma Thurman have bought the rights, I doubt that will ever happen. I also love how it's so anti american of sort, a parody of the american attitude against anything of destructive nature. And how everyone else doesn't think the same way.

A good read, couldn't put it away.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A Scary as heck Possibility!

Mir went down in 2001 along a window stretching from New Zealand to Chille with large portions of it landing in this area.

Mir Crash

The redline from Beyond New zealand would represent the path of debris from Mir

Does Fiction sometimes predict the future was Lovecraft a bit psychic?

Because there are some strange stories about Mir and they sure picked an interesting spot to put her down all things considered and now the Bloop!

Read this...

organisms on Mir 1

Thats the mainstream report here are some blurbs from anomalist

But even more intriguing were the revelations of Russian space crewmember Anatoly Serebrov, who confessed that it was not merely microorganisms, which underwent mutations. Several Russian newspapers referred to him saying he had also seen mutating worms. "When one of the station's devices failed and I set to dissembling it, I found there a yellow worm more than a meter long& I have not seen anything of the kind on the Earth," Serebrov said.

Anyway, nobody has given a definite answer as to what eventually occurred to the weird inhabitants of the Russian orbital station once it came to rest on the Pacific seabed. The experts merely advised that one should better not try to find the Mir's remains and steer clear from the area where it might be located.

Full story The "real Mir story" ?

So we have Mir Crashing in this area, at least big parts of it, carrying mutated viruses, oversized worms and bacteria's that spent a long time in space exposed to radiation and of course whatever wierd experiments were left on board the thing because they couldn't be retrived on account of... " Mutant, Life forms eating the material of the space craft "

Now here is what fell... get this

Mir had a core module and five other components weighing about 130 tonnes
With a cargo ship and an escape capsule attached, Mir's total weight was nearer 140 tonnes
The modules were arranged in a T-shaped structure, 25.8m (86ft) by 28.8m (96ft) by 29.7m (99ft)
About 1,500 fragments of 20kg (40lbs) or more were expected to fall into the target zone

Do you get this... this is the official smackdown on the "target zone" They say it landed 3,600 miles east of Australia...

okay, there is a nice map of the "target" not quite exactly where our bloop is... (but it is along the path)

and... read the end, of the 130 ton ship, of 40 Lbs were expected to fall in the "target zone"

uhrm? Uh... 40lbs pieces on reentry from 130 tons of metal???? or 100 more tons or (most of it) strewn across the pacific in our Bloop zone... ( it was burning but it did not fry 100 tons away! )

and of course there has never been any confirmation of how intact it did make it in either

Obviously tons more debris landed right along our bloop almost all the way to chille as the independent sources say...

and now...

a few years later

we have

the first

Bloop?

?

Maybe?

Frightening isn't it?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You have the Mir going down in 2001

This sound/creature has been named Bloop. First found in 1997 off the coast of South America

I don't think they are related.

As for your information on the MIR going down, truly interesting.

I didn't realise there was that much to it.

There seems to be a possibility for potential events in the future if anything survived and has adapted to 'its' new environment.

Scary stuff if you think about it too much

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
aw rats...

LOL I was digging really hard looking for something that could have caused a mutant mosnster in the area and thought I had found it...

Is it wrong that i'm seriously disapointed we didn't accidently spawn a giant creature from the remains of mutated organisms on a ruined space station? I feel like a bad person, but I got seriously hopeful there for a minute that something genuinely abominable had accidently been created ... mostly because it looked like it would come ashore in Chille if it did at all

But you know lol, I root for a giant monster, not because of the people it would kill but for all the people it would bring together to fight it, I like to fight and I love the military stuff, but lol I don't want to fight people over religion or resources...

I want Bloop to surface and give us something to really fight that we don't have to feel guilty or stupid about afterwards

Seriously,

The Mir info... is real and there were all sorts of mutant bacteria that thrived and I had read many articles on it at the time, the astronaut claiming worms was real, the bacterias were real, Russian cosmonauts suffering illness was real and the fabric of the ship being eaten away was real...

and this would be my rotten ordinary luck, of science gone wrong... if anything ever comes of this...a bacteria, a virus a new mold that eats metal and ruins everything slowly and miserably and worse Boreingly

and I'm sorry but a virus is a crappy way to go, not because it's miserable it's just pathetic and slow and disturbing

If science is going to screw up... I don't want a Nuclear war, or a virus and I know...that's what i'm going to get, a pathetic end...

If science and humanity ruin things...I'm rooting for something like Bloop to happen, seeriously, I'm depressed right now that bllop was 1997, I thought we had some hope of armageddon being decent!

Because it's all crazy and... it's really lame the possibilities for 2012... war between Iran and Isreal...Death and ruination for the stupidest cause ever over people I don't like anyway in a place I'd never live with nothing interesting happening in either place...

For this the world could take sides and I might get a hydrodgen bomb upside my head one day...

It's ridiculous...

I got hopeful here for a second (until you ruined it
) I saw where Mir landed and I looked at the map and reread the giant worm and warnings that people should not go near it and I was like...

"Yes! Cthulu is going to usher this misery in...Yes! That's so much cooler than this crap I read every day"

If I'm going to live through Armageddon and there is a g-d... Please I ask one thing for putting me through this... Giant Monsters and Aliens to fight not just a bunch of idiots in turbans who have no idea why they are mad at me blowing themsleves and me up at a starbucks...NO, Not some bacteria someone invented that makes me cough to death in my bathroom like drunk that smoked too much... NO

I want to go outside and see Frackin Cloverfield smashing through the mall and cops every where and f-22's and the parasite creatures falling off and everything a Good Armageddon should be all about!

If I die I want a baseball bat and the parasites all coming at me and me swinging away as the mothership is taking out skyscrapers in the distance and my neighbors turning into zombies

and I want to die if I have to die horribly kicking ass the whole way down on friggin demonic creatures that absolutely deserve it...

I mean... is it too much to ask for when we spend a Trillion Dollars on a Black budget every few years, that instead of, aerasol Bird Flu... they just, combine a Crab with an Octopus and make it grow to 80 stories tall and set it loose?

If some group of alien archaeolgists ever show up and figure out how we perished...it will just be so humiliating when they figure out we killed each other because one group of us called G-d...G-d and the other group called him Allah

First Alien will look at the other and say "what were they retarded? didn't they have to read Gullivers Travel in HS like we did?'

But if Cu F^&*1n Thulu rose from the depths seeking vengence on humanity for no real reason at all... we'd get some props, they'd make a movie about us... something, anything!

So I'm bummed, I still haven't seen an alien or a ufo I could say is real... I just got my hopes dashed for a giant monster... I go spelunking regulalry, never once encountered any reptoids or anything... camping never a sasquatch...

so... I'd just think G-d would have something more in store for us for the end times, you know? He's obviously the "creative type"

you'd just think as these days wind down and things look bleaker every day... we'd get One...One lousy Mutant beast from the depths

But no, it will be something retarded like a Nuke that goes off 2 seconds after I get home from work... while i'm on the bowl doing my business...

Poof...

Nada...

What a Gip

Old men with agendas and bombs and germs...

this is what I get? This is it?

Everything gets debunked... that's all huh?

I tell you, if I was g-d... I'd be serving humanity a fresh dose of Demon Bears with Laser Beams and a side order of Flying Parasites with Razor Blade wings...

Weaponized Bird Flu and Nuclear Exchange

Come on Lord... Send in King Giddorah, an Army of Orcs, Narwhals impaling surfers in San Diego, anything but this...

He used to have such style... the Lord

Toads and rivers of Blood ... Pillars of Fire...

really thought he was building to a good finale...

I'd get my admission fee back if I could...

BearPigMen?

Intelligent Ants?

G-d anything worth dying for in all this?

What a dumb ending this is working out to be

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Very nice rant there!! Made me laugh haha

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Lol! Nice rant. It's definitely to bad that Bloop isn't the mutated spawn of viruses from Mir. Not to say that it couldn't happen though.

If there can be giant yellow 3 foot worm/viruses in spacecraft, who's to say that there isn't some Cloverfield/Cthulhu type deal way deep in off the coast of south america? Makes perfect sense to me... Maybe Lovecraft and the Cloverfield people knew something we don't?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mr. wildflowers

thanks so much for posting this. i remember reading about it years ago but could never find the recording!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You get a star for making my day. I'm with you.
The end should be epic. To be honest, I think I'd be cool with an all out nuclear war. Everything would be full of glowing green, and hey, you could even get your monster due to radiation.

But I feel ya. If this is gonna end, let it be GOOD!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There's a few years here for hope I suppose. [siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh] Hopefully something is growing down there or is frozen in the Arctic

I'd prefer if it's the Russians fault because that's more drama and really was rooting for Mir to have caused Bloop

(nothing personal russian people) You guys just do "evil empire" way better than we do, it's the language and attitude, you guys just have it down.

I think America seriously tried real hard to be fair and in the global arms sale game of good cop bad cop...we really gave bad cop a good go and Putin Just got fed up

Coversation went something like this between Bush and Putin at the Olympics

Bush: "We are going to Invade Iran Next"

Putin: "Nyet" We vill Invade Georgia

Bush: But this was Russias big chance to be the good guys

Putin: "Zats okay we appreciate, but you do John Wayne, you people apologize way to much"

Bush: "Seriously ..."

Putin: "Nyet, we will thow some grenades at some children hand picked for cuteness and shell some houses, you Americans seriously suck at this"

Bush: "but what will you tell the world community"

Putin: " I Vill tell them F^(k You!, that's what i'll tell them you idiot, go play volleyball, this is why we are always bad cop... That Cheeny is okay and Condolezza looks the part but other than that you did lousy job"

so... you know if Mir didn't bring a creature from the depths... I'll keep my hopes up that they tap into something at that underground lake at the south pole the world doesn't want them drilling into...

Lake Vostok

I Guess I need to remain Optimistic... Maybe Behemoth is traped in the ice?

Maybe I get really lucky and Mir still does Create Leviathan and they drill Lake Vostok and Behemoth comes up and we get 2 for the price of One?

There is still hope... I hear alot about Planet X King Giddorah was from Planet X... Sigil Magic? Maybe... could get lucky and the Japanesse play their hand in all this one day...

They agreed to no military for the last 60 years... They must be building a giant Robot under Mt Fuji, it's the only explanation no? They sure do know alot about Giant Monsters... something with Giant Penis tentacles that shoot lazer beams would sure spice this all up a bit...

ooooo!

I have a new idea for a thread... "Conspiracy Aid 2008"

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Do it! We need a fun thread where we can come up with the most coolest "world ending" or "sit x" theories here on ATS. Heck, they are just as possible as any other theory stated here.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sorry Mop, it just jumped out at me.

As for something coming from the Mir for the future... keep your fingers crossed, LOL.

Until then, I think Michael Jackson is trying to make a comeback... this may fit part of the bill.

This made me laugh..

I mean... is it too much to ask for when we spend a Trillion Dollars on a Black budget every few years, that instead of, aerasol Bird Flu... they just, combine a Crab with an Octopus and make it grow to 80 stories tall and set it loose?

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Grailkeeper]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Aw naw... don't be sorry, no use getting my hopes up for no reason

I actually was glad I did the look up on the Mir crash though, fascinating stuff and fairly creepy enough to keep me entertained.

That had to be scary as heck in it's own right huh... your a cosmonaut and your onboard Mir and a Fungus starts eating away the windows... you start trying to do repairs and there is water blobs with organisms in them in the walls, you open an electrical box or whatever and find a 3 foot worm...

traped in space, no way to get down any faster, things growing around you, sick from bacteria and... the window is covered in a corosive fungus the whole time... Inches between you and the void inside a space craft and all around you things are eating parts of the ship your in...

You can't really make up something that frightening if you ask me!

And it might not be cloverfield
Or Cuthulu, but that is one heck of an interesting part of the Ocean, as far away from land as you can ever get...

It would be an adventure in itself to go down there and also to the Mir landing site and see what is growing around those remains...

Just wild stuff, one of the better true stories of manmade scifi-horror in real life that is definitively true I have ever come across imho

so glad I dug that up!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

And lol, I was being funny... but semi serious too... I'm glad we have darpa to do all the bizarre stuff they do, because those are the only guys in the defense dept with an imagination,

The whole world situation now is boderline unbearable and if it wasn't for Darpa and the WTF element they bring to this all... It would just be scary through this whole thing with nothing to laugh at or trip on...

jet packs and exoskeletons and all that good stuff... They even have remote controlled sharks now!
( My personal favorite btw) I'd love to have a great white with a remote control

They onced managed to scare the crap out of me... I live in Phx and they launched a weather modification satellite ( said it was a weather satellite I gather the rest) out of western Cali somewhere and the rocket flew right over Phx about 3 years back right before sunset

But the kooks, used an old ICBM to launch it... scared the living bejesus out of me, because one of those suckers lights the whole sky, huge trail, News even admitted it was an ICBM

and LOL DARPA Launches weather satellite on Minute Man missile lol...

That had my imagination going for a few weeks still have to wonder what darpa was doing with the weather lol... Sentient cloud formations for spying purposes? Cast iron hails stones? Fog that forms Dick Cheenys face? what lol? I'll probably never know...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, to get a tad more on topic...
The NOAA site said:

oceanexplorer.noaa.gov... nd01/background/seasounds/seasounds.html#Anchor-1515

This audio icon "Bloop" sound (452k, requires QuickTime) was repeatedly recorded during the summer of 1997 on the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array. The sound rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km. It yields a general location near 50oS; 100oW (far off the west coast of southern South America). The origin of the sound is unknown.

Well, let's see...
Here's the location

Then here are some tectonic plates
Plates

Compare those two and....
There are definitely some plates over there. Could be geological. I'd be interested to see the source that claims the sound is biological.

If it is, could be some large fish, mammal, or reptile.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So this bloop thing must be pretty mean on the organ. It sounds like what ever it is still needs a few more lessons.

To me this sounds much more like a machine or computer type sound then animal or mineral.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To add something interesting: Google Maps won't let you zoom in to that location. I didn't think anything of it until somebody in a forum about CIA planes and a possible base mentioned the same error and that that means it blocks the location on purpose.
I'm not sure, but it's interesting.

Here is the post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join