It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alpine melt reveals ancient life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Melting alpine glaciers are revealing fascinating clues to Neolithic life in the high mountains

Stuff coming out of the freezer

And the finds are not confined to 3000 BC. Some of the leather found, and a fragment of a wooden bowl, date from 4500 BC, older even than Oetzi, making them the oldest objects ever found in the Alps.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oooo... I wonder what cool stuff is hiding in the alps still undiscovered. :O
Nice thread. Flagged. Thumbs up and thanks!

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Probably a lot more neolithic materials. If we are lucky a few more lost travelers/hunters/herdmen in good condition. The odd flora and fauna would be good too.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yeah, ice is an awesome preserver. It'll definitely give us a glimpse into what it was like for them in their time. Like you said, the flora and fauna might be something unknown until this day. Things like this always make me think of places like alaska and antarctica... I wonder what secrets are buried DEEP DEEP into the ice...
One can only imagine.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yeah.. well I am sure that global warming will un-earth alot of artifacts in these regions. I thought Oetiz was 5300 yrs old.. Anyways, i thought it was pretty amazing when they found him because the ice had preserved him so well. There was some other story I read where they found a ice mastodon (also well preseved) that was like 2.5 million years old. The planets history is fascinating to say the least. Can't wait to see what they uncover next.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Howdy Mapsurfer AFAIK these are the dates for the oldest deep freeze mammoth.

Adams (Lena River) Mammoth, 1799 36,000-37,000 years
Beresovka mammoth, 1900 more than 39,000
Shandrin mammoth, 1971 42,000 years
River Indigirka woolly rhino 38,000 years
Selerikan horse, 1968 35,000-40,000
'Dima', 1977 40,000
Khatanga mammoth, 1977 more than 50,000

Hey I also heard by email that a channeller has said that, "An Atlantean Ambassador will be found in the ice carrying a map to Atlantis", regrettably said Channeller failed the Bruen test several decades ago.

LOL

[edit on 25/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Haha, good info to have man!
Hope we find that frozen atlantean soon!
Have you seen the thread on this escapade you can pay to go to the supposed "hole to inner earth"? They lead you on an expedition to the frozen reaches of the north or south pole, it costs like 19,000$ per ticket and it says in small type:

"If we cant find the opening to inner earth, we will take you to see artifacts FROM inner earth."

Sounds like the biggest scam ever... but I do think if there ever was anything extraordinary to find, under the ice is where it would be.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Howdy Mapsurfer AFAIK these are the dates for the oldest deep freeze mammoth.

[edit on 25/8/08 by Hanslune]

Hello Hanslune...

Slightly off topic but since you call me out on this... If you Google Ice Age Mastodon, you will see numerous pages of that find. I might add.. I am not simply making this up. this was a fairly recent discovery...August '08 My source was LiveScience.com, specificly the article: 2.5 Million year old Mastodon found in Romania. Also, according to the Mammoth Wiki page:

Homo erectus is known to have consumed mammoth meat as early as 1.8 million years ago (Levy 2006: 295).

I certainly have no first hand knowledge that these sources are factual, but I make the assumption that the science experts do.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Howdy Mapsurfer

I believe we are comparing apples and oranges

The 2.5 million year old Mammoth is a 'fossilzed' skeleton while we were speaking of frozen Mammoth.

top topics

join