It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Conspiracy against Mankind - YOU JOIN MAKE IMPACT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi Everyone! Long time reader, first time poster! I would have posted this in BTS, but I believe this is part of the battle.

I want to fight back again the corporation conspiracy!

I know many people here get exited over chances to send some justice to the IRS or to the credit card companies - Well, I'm about to do it, and I think I'm in the perfect position! Who's with me?

The story goes, I have about $8000 in debt on one credit card that I have not paid in about a year due to financial and family hardships. The current minimum payment is $1567.23, and that is 100% late fees. In 2002 I joined the military and stayed overseas for four years, where I met my wife. After I got out of the military I stayed overseas to live with her until a few months ago when I was RECALLED BACK INTO THE BEAST. However, I was found to be ineligible due to medical conditions. They wouldn't send me back overseas, but instead sent me back to my HOME OF RECORD where nobody lives so I'm staying with a friend. I've been looking for a job for the past few months and also going to community college full time. I already have an A.A degree, but I need the money from the GI bill to live while I look for a job. I also just started receiving unemployment for 13 weeks, which totals around $3500.

Last I talked to them they wanted to offer me a "HARDSHIP PROGRAM" that consisted of $300 down and $250 a month.

As it stands, I'm going to threaten the evil maniacal creditors with the following:

1) I'm one year into the 4 years of statue of limitations on sueing/collecting
2) I was living overseas for almost 3 years, something you know from my credit card.
3) I can do it again

Because....

1) I have no assets! (I'm a bum, hah)
2) My wife is not a U.S citizen or even a greencard holder (yet)
3) My only income is from the GI Bill and Unemployment - you can't take that.
4) In 2 months, when I'm working, I will be head of Household - Florida exempts garnishing and levying for head of household.
5) I'm not scared of your litigation.
6) You'd (credit card company) rather settle for less than get nothing at all, you scoundrels!

I think they'd want their money more than giving me a bad credit rating.
What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to tell you this, but you and people like you are the problem.

Here's advice:
Get work and pay your damn debt so I don't have to.

Amazing.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Never had a credit card and never will have. My needs are simple and I pay cash. Hate to owe people even more so the legal ah longs (loansharks) known as banks & credit card companies. I owe no one and keep it that way. You rack up the bills you pay nobody twisted your arm to buy all the things you bought on credit.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You need to talk to a Bankruptcy Attorney.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Hate to be the one to tell you this, but you and people like you are the problem.

Here's advice:
Get work and pay your damn debt so I don't have to.

Amazing.

I hope you lose your job and can't find work so I can tell you the same thing then see how you like it.

Jerk.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LetFreedomRing

what will probably happen is that your original creditors will sell your past-due account(s) to one of those bill collection companies - they will then seek to collect the amount from you in one of several ways, often in a progressive-type process.

they might send you a letter to send in a reduced amount to settle the whole amount - they will most likely offer you an installment plan, or a choice of a few, as long as you send in your first payment in a specified time frame after receiving the notice.

if you don't pay, they will send more letters, differing only in the amount required to settle - the longer it goes on, the less reduction from the original amount owed.

after it gets to the letter seeking to collect the whole original amount (to which they have probably added their own interest over the time period since they sent the very first letter), they most likely will file a civil suit in your local court to try to collect that way.

they must subpoena you and if you do not show, the judge takes that as an admission that the debt is your responsibility and you don't dispute its validity, etc...

now, the thing about the court thing is that even though the allowed judgments vary from state to state, if you have NOTHING that is counted as an asset, when the judge decides the judgment against you (the amount you owe the collection company plus court fees), then there is not really any value to that judgment - it is only a legal order allowing the company who bought your original debt to legally collect financial worth from you, through the channels specified in the court.
usually, this is a garnishment of bank account(s) and/or wages or other income, some of which are not allowed to be garnisheed depending on state laws, etc. social security is not garnishable, as far as i know, all over the US.
that doesn't mean they won't take it, though - if they do, then it is up to you to prove that it is income from the particular source that should not have been garnished.
sometimes, if you own a home or property, they might put a lien on the property for the amount owed which means that it cannot be sold until that amount is paid and the lien is cleared.

if you have none of those things, they cannot take the usual measures.

HOWEVER, i don't know what else they can do and as far as i know, they can't keep taking you to court over the same debt - just like you can only be tried for a particular crime one time.
also, this whole process could literally take YEARS and by then your situation might have changed to where you get the shaft.
if you dig.

i think you should get some legal advice that you can trust.
which means from a lawyer there in your town, not on-line and not free legal advice.
most lawyers will talk to you about such a thing and charge you fees if and when you need their help in court/legal proceedings, especially if you have used a certain attorney in the past and paid the fees, etc.

but do seek professional counsel.

i wish i could say YOU GO, DUDE! in regard to your intention threatening the evil maniacal wall street suits...

but to be blunt, you are no threat to them, in any way, no matter what you do - not for 8G, especially.

they make so much money from interest and other fees and are so big financially, already, that extending credit so foolishly as they have in recent years, to people that really have no business extended themselves like that, it was a calculated risk that was designed to profit them without any real losses, even with the defaults such as your account(s).

the real problem with the credit mismanagement is the national economy in general, but as far as those who run these companies, and profit from it, it's not ever going to put them at a financial disadvantage which means there is really no financial leverage that would be effective against them!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Your credit is already shot, so I am unsure what your question is.

You're obviously not going to pay, and they will not sue you. They will sell your debt off to a collection agency if they haven't already.

Another solution could be to offer a settlement amount, which could be 15-30% of the debt owed.

To me it sounds like you're finding reasons not to pay, and you would think a person in the military would be more of a stand up person after borrowing $8000.00.

new topics

top topics

join