It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poetential for Olympic Stadium as vector for epidemic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Scary thought popped into my mind today as the Olympics come to a close..

So many people going home to so many different countries. If an aerosol biological or viral agent was released in Beijing, no one would even know. An epidemic with a incubation period of a week, in order to allow people to make it home undetected while spreading such a disease while doing so. Every country would be affected within days.

Why try to bring a disease to every country, when instead the Olympic stadium provides the platform to infect the whole world at once? Amazingly scary potential.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow that is an insane thought, who would have imagined. Where could you have ever gotten the idea?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just started thinking that, after reading another thread on here. Sadly there's enough sick bastards out in the world to want to do it, too.

*shudders*

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yea, that would be something. Weaponised Bird Flu, disseminated from the Birds nest. A friend of mine made the same connection, he is in Szechuan China today and was giving me a hard time.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe you should check back with the thread you stole this thought from.
It was a joke on me.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Eh, I'd prefer to release it on a ship. One that visits multiple, high class ports. Each person a carrier, spreading it to anyone they come in contact with, restraunts, hotels, ect.
Long incubation, quick burn. New disease, take them a while to find it, create a vaccine, even longer for a cure. And until they can screen it, no one knows who's infected, clean, or about to suddenly die.

But, the Olympics would serve as a bit of a poetic peice, sure.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Red 5, I didn't steal this from any thread. After reading your thread on the Olympics, this idea popped in my head about a virus, so I created my own scenario.

You're thread actually had no resemblance to my idea whatsoever. You mentioned a biological study group, whatever that is, but other then that the only similarity is we both said Olympics. I just happened to post my idea in your thread.

Anyway, it would be quite a scary situation a week from now to find out every country is currently having an uncontrollable outbreak of some kind.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sounds like the plot for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six novel (yes, it was a book before a game) where the head protagonist plans to release weaponised Ebola at one of the world's Olympic Games, I think it might have been Sydney, but I'm not too sure.

Anyhow, it made for a good read.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Scary thought popped into my mind today as the Olympics come to a close...

Why try to bring a disease to every country, when instead the Olympic stadium provides the platform to infect the whole world at once? Amazingly scary potential.

You're to be praised for having ideas, not criticized. An open, inquiring mind is necessary to understanding.

A thought with a stated intent is referred to as a 'premise'. Then, a scientist, investigative reporter, archeologist, detective, goes about gathering evidence to support the likelihood of his premise.

When a premise is proved, it is supported with facts. The whole key to proving a premise, is the way it is originally stated ... or, after investigation, restated.

For example, in fiction the Harry Potter novels, in which Potter is proven to be a wizard.

Or, in investigative reporting, where the Bush dynasty is proven to be traitors.

Or, where the biological warfare industry -- whether it is legal or illegal, is proven to exist.

Or, where their 'simulant testing' of non-lethal biological warfare germs is substituted in tests released in fogs or in subways or in the mail to test dispersion... or, when actual biological warfare agents are released.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

--

here's another reference or two, (see items in quotes):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

subject: CIA MK-ULTRA psyops in South America (2-of-3)
theme: video documentation (see 1-of-3) Jones CIA 'asset', implying CIA 'handlers'/suppliers.

“Jim came into our (CIA) hands from coc aine & heroin (speed balls) addiction. We didn't clean him up, we put heavy Level 4 program in his head. Level 5 trigger to activate programming to annihilate entire group thru gun fire.”

Temple of Solar Order in Switzerland & Canada terrorist sleepers programmed to release biological & chemical weapons in targeted cities.

also,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

subject: CIA MK-ULTRA mind control in South America (1-of-3)
theme: Truth About Jonestown. Excerpt: CIA psyops in South America… lengths Fed/Bank of England/Bundesbank (CIA/MI5-6/BND) will go to mess w/your mind.
www.mondovista.com... MK-ULTRA drugs found in abundance & sodium pentathol (truth serum), chloral hydrate (hypnotic), demerol, thalium (confuses thinking)

www.whale.to... "Jonestown: Whole Story", by Gunther Russbacher;

State Dept. Operations Directorate, Section 6. Project Blue: Resettlement of 34 Level 4 subjects. Level 4 degree of mind control subject Level 4 "sleepers" programmed assassins

top topics

join