It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters are doing Moon landing Hoax!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I cannot believe what I just saw!!!!!

Mythbusters are doing a complete show on the myth that NASA faked the moon landings!!!!!

Everyone set your TIVO's!

I know I will..

Here is the episode guide
dsc.discovery.com...

Aug 28th, 1am will be the first airing!

Cant wait

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Keep an eye on this one...

Lots of controversial things have been planned to be aired on national tv, but then pulled at the last minute!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Its funny you mention that because the commercial was cut short when I saw it!

It would have shown them in a chamber type thing with stings and wires, but it was cut off instantly.

Ill keep an eye out for a full commercial, so I know it was just a glitch in the system.

Edit to add!
Just saw a full commercial!!!! Its on!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Please use the search function.

A thread already exists on this topic.

Direct all posts to the already existing thread and star and flag it to not let it be buried to let everyone know.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by irevolution

I didnt know you were a mod!

I guess we will let them decide the outcome of this thread....

Mine is a little more up-to-date.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am in Louisiana and it is going to be on here Wed the 27th at 08:00

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just a reminder!

Its tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
cool i think that they will say it was not hoaxed because they wouldnt air them saying it was fake on the air so yeah i love mythbusters though

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

No it's today...

Aug 27, 9:00 pm
(60 minutes)

MythBusters
NASA Moon Landing
TV-PG, CC

On this episode of MythBusters, the team tackles the tallest tale of all in Moon Landing Hoax Hour. Did NASA pull off the greatest cover-up in human history?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mythbusters never proves anything, and I guarantee you that if they did "prove" that it was a hoax, this would not be aired.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaloManiacal

I agree completly with you. There have already been shows on "was the moon landing fake" and they all end up saying 100% real. Could they say it any other way though? I mean what would happen if the world finally realized that it was all fake and noone has really been there?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSBreedsIgnorance

I agree completly with you. There have already been shows on "was the moon landing fake" and they all end up saying 100% real. Could they say it any other way though? I mean what would happen if the world finally realized that it was all fake and noone has really been there?

they all say 100% real? really?
then i better throw out all these dvd's i have of specials that say the opposite. but then i guess knowing that would have taken looking into it

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

then i better throw out all these dvd's i have of specials that say the opposite. but then i guess knowing that would have taken looking into it

And were they aired on primetime american television? Sorry for the one liner, but thats all that needs to be said to disregard your comments.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Mythbusters never proves anything, and I guarantee you that if they did "prove" that it was a hoax, this would not be aired.

Agreed. I had to stop watching this show because it was too frustrating. They leave open too many variables to make a solid conclusion.

I know it is just entertainment, but Mr. Wizard was better.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My bad I shoul dhave said all the ones I have seen say 100% real. My bad. No need to be nasty.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by Azrael75

And were they aired on primetime american television? Sorry for the one liner, but thats all that needs to be said to disregard your comments.

before i were to even consider humoring your question, could you please explain to me the relevance of prime time television broadcast over anything else? the best documentaries are usually on PBS anyway, and not in prime time but i completely fail to see what being on NBC between 8 and 11pm does to bolster credibility in any way shape or form. and why would american television be any more honest than another country about what america has done? is american television the only honest television? ever watch BBC, sure puts us to shame in journalism and honesty compared with our government bought oppinion channels. so, you explain to me just what your point has to do with the validity of any documentary, let alone all these, and i will be happy to publish a list of air dates and channels.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My bad I shoul dhave said all the ones I have seen say 100% real. My bad. No need to be nasty.

didnt mean to sound nasty, just cant stand seeing things posted here as fact that seem to not have been even a little bit looked into.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

before i were to even consider humoring your question, could you please explain to me the relevance of prime time television broadcast over anything else? the best documentaries are usually on PBS anyway, and not in prime time but i completely fail to see what being on NBC between 8 and 11pm does to bolster credibility in any way shape or form. and why would american television be any more honest than another country about what america has done? is american television the only honest television? ever watch BBC, sure puts us to shame in journalism and honesty compared with our government bought oppinion channels. so, you explain to me just what your point has to do with the validity of any documentary, let alone all these, and i will be happy to publish a list of air dates and channels.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Azrael75]

You miss my point(how could that happen on these boards?).

My point is, the American Media would absolutely not let something that claimed hoax on this topic air in the most watched block of television in the country. Period. They have pulled these types of things right off the air before.

I'm not calling real or hoax. I'm not saying your documentaries are wrong. I'm simply saying, as I said before, that Mythbusters will NOT prove anything.

Get your panties out of a bunch.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Conspiracy #1.) “Moon Landings”
Yes, the Moon landings were faked! Shot ‘em on a soundstage, they did, as is common knowledge. All except for Apollo 13 which was shot in what would eventually be the record department of a White Front department store that was under construction.

Spotlight on: Apollo 13
The whole reason for the non-canonical nature Apollo 13 was two fold: a huge product placement fee had been negotiated form Kimberly-Clark a subsidiary of which manufactured the air scrubber that was jury-rigged to keep the astronauts alive.

There is also evidence (the source of which I am not at this time able to reveal, but when I do, this will definitely be Front Page fodder!) there was a little problem with the Fra Mauro highlands set. It seems that the studio had been used by Paul McCartney for his combination “The Beatles Are Dead” / “I’ve Got A Solo Album Out!” announcements the day before the launch and, well, the whole thing got out of control: Keith Moon chucked a video camera through the black sky scrim and Joey Heatherton puked on the LEM and, while trying to wipe it up with Mama Cass Elliot’s caftan, she punched a hole through not only the protective “gold” foil outer covering, but through the single 1/4 inch foam core that had been used for the actual body of the descent stage module.

This incident itself resulted in a pretty considerable kerfuffle as the descent stage module was speced for either industrial-strength cardboard or TWO layers of foam core, whichever could be had at the better price). The assistant project manager who signed off on the shoddy work, the 28-year-old Missouri kid working toward his PhD. post doctoral program in Texas who needed to pick up some extra dough to pay his electric bill? Kenneth Lay. True fact, you can look it up.

Anyway, in the end, the production came off pretty well and most of the last minute script changes and technical problems were chalked up as acceptable. Heck, they added a much-needed element of reality.

Conspiracy #2.) The Apollo Soundstages
Yes, the Apollo landing were done in a sound stage. BUT THE SOUNDSTAGE IS A PART OF THE JOINT US / RUSSIAN / SAN TROPE COMPLEX ON MARS!

True facts; common knowledge.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Of course it was all a hoax.
They filmed the whole thing in my back yard, with all the floodlights giving different shadows and everything.
In fact, I still have the tiny Lunar Lander in my backyard sandbox, with the tiny American flag that I took out of my Father's 4th of July martini cocktail in 1968. The NASA film crew asked to borrow it. Ever notice how the flag stands straight out, with no breeze ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join