It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines in Iraq encountering strange lights in sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was skimming around YouTube and I found this video of Marines in Iraq looking at some sort of strange lights through their night vision. I didnt really think much of it but even the Marines there cannot think of an explanation for the strange lights.

Couldnt get vid up so heres the link: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8/22/2008 by CTMoney]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CTMoney

It looks like rocket plumes or some type of flares. Interesting video, and I'll let the professionals respond. Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought flares too but you can hear some of the Marines saying that they have no idea what it is or what it could be.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is interesting. Reminds me of that interview on C2C w/ Ed Grimsley who claims that he see UFOs all the time through night vision goggles. I was a bit skeptical of his claim because he was trying to sell something on his webpage, and the night vision goggles (3rd generation) cost about $4500 which is a bit much.

This report of the marines in Iraq seems to lend some credibility to his claim.
I dunno, but it is indeed interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's an atmospheric phenomenon called a light pillar.

See this video discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I don't think those lights were flares or missle plumes because the light just hung there in the sky for a period of time and never faded or became distorted.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
One of the other videos on this same event notes that the light pillars rise above villages scattered around the desert. The effect is due to high altitude ice crystals.

Light Pillars

WG3

new topics

top topics

join