It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring UFO. Clear Pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.ufocasebook.com...

www.ufocasebook.com...

www.ufocasebook.com...

Wisconsin-08-10-08-I spotted an aerial stationary ring around 7:30-7:35pm driving via Madison belt-line (Route 12) heading north between Old Sauk Rd. & Greenway Blvd. exits. The object piqued our curiosity enough to track it down. We drove through the nearby neighborhoods to locate a "source" on the ground and came upon a small neighborhood park (Wexford Park, Madison, WI) where we parked almost directly beneath the object.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Crakeur]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I don't know what to tell you.
I am the least qualified person on ATS to analyze UFO pictures.
But that looks an awful lot like my wedding ring, which I could easily toss in the air and capture on camera.
I fear you're in for a lot of ribbing.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by xbranscombex

I don't know what to tell you.
I am the least qualified person on ATS to analyze UFO videos.
But that looks an awful lot like my wedding ring, which I could easily toss in the air and capture on camera.
I fear you're in for a lot of ribbing.

I wouldn't say the least qualified

but I do have to ask, if this is a craft of some sort, where might the pilot sit? or whatever kind of propulsion system it may have, wheres that located?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In the meantime, i post the full res images links, straight from MUFON website:

www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...

Link to original MUFON report

Exif data for image # 3

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

What just happened?
They're not his pictures?
Was he trying to bamboozle us?
What did the mods edit?

[edit on 8/21/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah agreed...looks very much like a wedding ring thrown in the air... lol
But you never know...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I dont know if its just me or the photo itself, but the object appears to be out of context with the rest of the picture. What I mean is that it appears as though the light source on the ring is not consistent with the light in the rest of the photo. The sun appears to be very low on the horizon but the object is reflecting light as though the sun or light source is higher

Im not an expert, but thats just my concern with the images

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

HI, schrodingers dog

often, websites like the one of the op just crop the images using some software like PhotoShop, which may determine a loss of exif data: you can compare the exif data that i've posted for image # 3 with one from a crop of UfoCaseBook in order to have an idea what data we would miss if we'd base any assessment on their crops:

Exif data for image # 3 |
EXIF data for UfoCaseBook's crop
But i guess that it's just a matter of layout: to embed a big image would make appear the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the page and many webmasters try to avoid it: but they should also publish a link to the original article and a link to the original images, imho, while they just mentioned "MUFON Submitter 12112", and it's not the same thing.

[edit on 21/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
take a look at the 2nd pic with the artifact in the upper left.... looks like a ring hanging on a string to me. definitely does not look like a UFO IMHO

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Never said the pictures were mine guys...

And yeah, it does look "out of context" with the rest of the picture, eh?
I figured wedding ring, cropped over into the picture.

Thanks, you guys are good.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
i don't think it's a ring, more like a silver bangle

Something like this:

Obviously not this EXACT one but you get the idea.

The problem with these photos is that I think video footage is conveniently missing.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The problem with these photos is that I think video footage is conveniently missing.

Well, it looks exacly the same as the South Sweden video:
www.youtube.com...

This case did not get enough attention. The shape is so incredible -- a thin vertical metallic ring, that no hoaxer would have such a weird idea. OTOH ring UFOs are becoming popular lately, a few threads on ATS already.
The metadata and compression signature of the 3 pictures on the MUFON website match perfectly an original iPhone 3G picture. Even GPS coordinates match the story (thanks Internos for the link).

If this is a hoax, it is very well done. No way to see the fishing pole and thin nylon line.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Go get a wedding bank, get a high speed shutter, throw ring in the air, boom. you have your Ring UFO. End of story.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
These kind of stills cant really help us decide anything, it could be a ring tossed into the air and photographed, with a still like that theres just no way to be sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Go get a wedding bank, get a high speed shutter, throw ring in the air, boom. you have your Ring UFO. End of story.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by rocksarerocks]

Explain this? www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's the base ring for the next generation Chad Drone ! Ahem....

Or possibly a ring on a string!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Everyone is conveniently ignoring the swedish video. How could that be a ring on a string ? Still wondering what sceptics think of the video, that is the important thing that backs up the photos regardless of if they are from separate cases, that does not mean the craft is necessarily different. what

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany
Everyone is conveniently ignoring the swedish video. How could that be a ring on a string ? Still wondering what sceptics think of the video, that is the important thing that backs up the photos regardless of if they are from separate cases, that does not mean the craft is necessarily different. what

Ring kite on a string?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, as mentioned in the youtube comments, a possible explanation might be Circoflex

www.nationalkitemonth.org...

Who knows?

ops: Phage beat me to it.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was my thought as well, but these kites seem to be quite wide compared to the one in the Swedish vid.

Having said that there are an awful lot of cuts in the video too, kinda makes me wonder why. Also the first side view of the object shows that it isn't very large nor very high off the ground so it could be some sort of kite/wind sock attached to the ground.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join