It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Takes 5 Point Lead Over Obama: Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I would say this will probably be the final nail in the coffin for this nation if this maniac is our next prez...I see he's eyeing that Nazi JOE LIEBERMAN as his VP! Talk about a combo straight out of a worst nightmare. Two endless war-mongers, who are power and control freaks, just like the current admin, and perhaps even WORSE.

I never thought I'd say this in a million years, but we may see an admin that will eclipse even the CURRENT one in terms of its destruction.

Sigh.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.

McCain leads Obama among likely U.S. voters by 46 percent to 41 percent, wiping out Obama's solid 7-point advantage in July and taking his first lead in the monthly Reuters/Zogby poll.

The reversal follows a month of attacks by McCain, who has questioned Obama's experience, criticized his opposition to most new offshore oil drilling and mocked his overseas trip.

Full Article:

rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Do not fret mate, it is a national poll they are citing. Because of the electoral college and the way votes are counted national polls mean next to nothing in terms of who is going to win the election.

Still I do admit Obama has been loosing ground I still do not believe we have to be overly concerned at the moment.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Shows that the general US public has stopped paying attention to the MSMs love-fest for Obama. Hopefully John does pick Joe as his running mate. I think that'd make a good ticket.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
And what is causing this is this war in Georgia. People perceive McCain as some protector and not some war monger. The fact is it makes no difference anyways we are screwed either way but I do really feel Obama is the lesser of the 2 extreme evils.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Agree with that. EITHER of these guys are going to carry right along with the Corporate States of America, Bilderberger-puppet routine. But McCain doesn't even try to hide what kind of lunacy he has planned. I actually ADMIRE the guy for that (as at least he's honest about his lust for war and destruction), but it doesn't bode well for any of us. The nightmare foreign policies we've seen over the past 7 years may look tame compared to what's ahead.

Animal-I hope you're right buddy. Even though Obama is going to carry on the same Elitist policies, he does indeed appear to be the less maniacal of the two evils, as MBU stated...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Proves Barack he needs Hillary. John doesn't figure really.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This only proves that, i hate to say it because i love Americans, and i am an American, but the majority is STUPID, and we will have hell to pay if McCain becomes president.

I shudder just to think him and any combination of the vice presidents he could choose....worse than Cheney and Jr.

I know i say over and over its all the same crap, both parties, but i'm getting a huge knot in my stomach everytime i see McCain and his entourage of warmongers- well known war mongers....

True people who have no plans for world peace, resolution, diplomacy of any kind, and their goal is to keep on trucking across the globe, and seek world domination. Poor us, poor world.

Finally,

We will get what we deserve- no peace ever again and the Orwellian life as written in the book, 1984.

Again, when the time is ripe to supposedly have an opportunity for a much needed change, people just arent thinking.

God help us all.

Obama? I'm not crazy about him but it WOULD HAVE BEEN A CHANGE, AND IT WOULD BE SOME HOPE, SOME ILLUSION. :shk:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

HAHA, that is what my dad was saying last night when they announced these stats on Olbermann's newscast...He said, "Is this nation REALLY this dumb? They haven't learned ANYTHING from the last 8 years of trainwreck domestic and foreign policies?!?" This guy is like Bush on steroids.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This election is not about McCain. It is about Obama. Now that the messiah-like love affair is over, people are starting to see what Obama is all about.

And they don't like what they are seeing.

Hope, Change, Future...Future, Change, Hope...Did anyone ever think that he wouldn't be asked to be more specific?

When you ask Obama to be more specific all you hear is a big stuttering sound.

er, uh, ummm, yes, er uhmm, you know...Hope, Change, Future....errr...uhmm..Jimmy Carter....uhm, errr, Above my Pay Grade, yeah, errr, uhmmm, well, err, uhmm.

I can't wait until the day after the election, and someone interviews Hillary about McCain's blowout win, and she says "I told you so!"

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's only one poll. Most give Obama a little lead over McCain, although it's a narrow one. The polls taken closer to the election will probably be more representative of what voters are actually going to do.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Your father is a very smart man as you are.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm sorry, but 5 points in August is meaningless. Absolutely meaningless...

The only poll that means anything is the one the day after election day...

Let's all chill out.

When did Liebermann of all people, become a Nazi? I like the idea of a cross party ticket, it's a point in McCains favor...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
And what is causing this is this war in Georgia. People perceive McCain as some protector and not some war monger. The fact is it makes no difference anyways we are screwed either way but I do really feel Obama is the lesser of the 2 extreme evils.

I'm voting for Barr...but in all honesty I don't think there is a lesser of two evils. We can either have more wars, or more government control of our lives...both are fear campaigns and both are winning over a majority of the American people one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by mybigunit

I'm voting for Barr...but in all honesty I don't think there is a lesser of two evils. We can either have more wars, or more government control of our lives...both are fear campaigns and both are winning over a majority of the American people one way or the other.

Oh please dont get my post wrong Im going absentee and writing in Ron Paul Ive already checked and I can do it. Im just saying that he is the lesser of two evils
Bob Barr to me is better than the above but he is not articulate at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I for one, will not Underestimate the STUPIDITY of the Average American Voter...

This is why, i have to favor Hussein to win...

Neither of these canidates are something i would look foreward to...
But, the degree and speed that they will destroy America with is diffrent...

McCain is, and HAS been my favorite Liberal Senator for AGES...
Liberman isnt the worst guy either...

If you would have told me a year ago that we would have a McCain/Liberman ticket, i would have been VERY VERY HAPPY...

A year ago, it looked like we were going to have a Hillerary v Guliani election...

McCain v Hussein isnt that bad..

top topics

join