It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Gods exist without us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just want to pose a simple idea, and see what other thinking people believe about it. I think with people sacraficing more time and energy and thought to things like media, drugs, and other thing more so than time they sacrafice to Christ or Allah or any other God, i think these are creating "new gods" so to speak. Once a god doesn't have anyone around to worship it and give stregnth to it or even think about...wouldn't it cease to exist or begin dying? I just think that Gods come ang go, or maybe they get new names.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If a tree fall's in a forest and nobody see's it did it realy fall?
Did the God/God's your talking about exist to begin with?
I dont believe in GOD's ....only people with extraordinary abilities/technology.
Sorry for answering a question with more question's.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK
If a tree fall's in a forest and nobody see's it did it realy fall?
Did the God/God's your talking about exist to begin with?
I dont believe in GOD's ....only people with extraordinary abilities/technology.
Sorry for answering a question with more question's.

no worries! i value your questions very much. i soppose if a god or gods existed it would have happened at the big bang, and they wouldn't have had much a choice in creating us, because we would be essential to them having any worth, or usefulness, does that make any sense? i dunno if i believe in them or not either, so i am almost in the same line of thinking that u are, i'm just saying if they did exist then wouldn't money and media also be "gods" think of all we sacrafice to them.i can imagine "God Money" in some other universe or dimension laughing his butt of from his limosuine, sipping Crystal, ridiculing Thor because he was once so mighty and now was reduced to so little....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
I just want to pose a simple idea, and see what other thinking people believe about it. I think with people sacraficing more time and energy and thought to things like media, drugs, and other thing more so than time they sacrafice to Christ or Allah or any other God, i think these are creating "new gods" so to speak. Once a god doesn't have anyone around to worship it and give stregnth to it or even think about...wouldn't it cease to exist or begin dying? I just think that Gods come ang go, or maybe they get new names.

Thats a good question one i have thought about for a while but i think and it might sound crazy but maybe if theres aliens somewhere out there maybe they worship God aswell maybe the same one we do who knows.

and i think possibly Gods can lose strengths but not if we stop worshipping them maybe they age naturally like us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

There are images of the ancient gods and goddesses everywhere. When I mention the name Isis, almost everyone knows who she is. Nike (Greek goddess of victory) is on the 2008 Olympic medals, and the Goddess of Liberty is on many of our coins and images.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Enigma Publius

There are images of the ancient gods and goddesses everywhere. When I mention the name Isis, almost everyone knows who she is. Nike (Greek goddess of victory) is on the 2008 Olympic medals, and the Goddess of Liberty is on many of our coins and images.

yes i know that, but they are longer worshiped like they were, they are "pop" gods at best. Money is the strongest god now, but information will surpass that god, and humans are making it happen. thes gods are all part of the INFINATE GOD, they are his different personalities, ya'll go to this thread on the idea that i also started and post all future replies on it...i am moving all this content over to this thread: do gods live and die or just get new names? do a search.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Old gods never die, they just get new Names. There are a lot of books out there that give really great synopsis of gods and their names and correlations to other gods. A good book for this would be "The Secret Teachings of All Ages"; it's a great read with great artwork too if you get the full sized color version. If you don't want that deep a read you can also check out "Encyclopedia of Gods". It isn't so scholarly but gives great insight into how the gods are so similar, or dissimilar.

-Euclid

[edit on 21-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
First you need to answer this: What makes a god a god?
What are the terms of godhood?

Without answering that; how can you even begin to consider dependancys upon that qualitative state.?

top topics

join