It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chain wrapped around 'old man's body' found in mosque

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Chain wrapped around 'old man's body' found in mosque

www.cnn.com

"There are the bloodstains on the wall, and here it is dried on the floor," Abu Muhanad said as he walked through a torture chamber in a Baghdad mosque where more than two dozen bodies have been found.

"And here, a woman's shoes. She was a victim of the militia. We found her corpse in the grave."

Chunks of hair waft lazily across the floor in the hot Baghdad breeze.

"This was the torture room," said Muhanad, the leader of a U.S.-backed armed group that now controls the mosque.

"This is what they used for hanging," he said, pointing to a cord dangling from the ceiling. "Here is a chain we found tied to an old man's body."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seeing as Muqtada al-Sadr is a Shiite cleric, I guess this is an authorized use of a mosque, right? Pretty sick, if you ask me.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Where is the outrage?
Only stories against the West have any legs around here. If the slightest accusation of torture is implied upon US forces, the vultures are out in force. The double standard is so obvious, I thought ATS was different than the MSM, looks the same to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Where is the outrage?
Only stories against the West have any legs around here. If the slightest accusation of torture is implied upon US forces, the vultures are out in force. The double standard is so obvious,

The sad truth is that it does not shock the world when reports of acts of violence or terror are committed by Muslims. The world today has come to expect and accept such cruelty by extreme elements of this religion as a fact of life.

Our senses have indeed become dulled by report after report of senseless violence, and our shock factor has been raised as a result.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is utterly dispicable , but as mentioned sadly has become a daily occurance `anotehr room filled with body parts all hacked apart with a woodern sppon`

whats shocking about Abu Ghraib and the US Army is that perviously the USA was held as the last bastion of morality - since then that opinion has been destroyed, piecemeal;

sadly the media has a roll to play in such shock and awe - portraying everything from torture chambers to soldiers wiping there asses - were getting to much information.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
This is utterly dispicable , but as mentioned sadly has become a daily occurance `anotehr room filled with body parts all hacked apart with a woodern sppon`

whats shocking about Abu Ghraib and the US Army is that perviously the USA was held as the last bastion of morality - since then that opinion has been destroyed, piecemeal;

sadly the media has a roll to play in such shock and awe - portraying everything from torture chambers to soldiers wiping there asses - were getting to much information.

I think what they did at this mosque and naked pyramid stacking is a wee bit different ...you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
any torture is despicable.

To me this is an attempt by the western media to keep these little stories in the news....it keeps the masses scared of the muslims.

The more little stories like this appear, the less sensitive we are when stories of the coalition forces torturing the muslim (and any other religion) prisoners, regardless if they are terrorist or not.

This is a way of conditioning the public to not see these people as humans, but as animals.....
In the same light, are the coalition forces who torture prisoners "animals"?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
any torture is despicable.

To me this is an attempt by the western media to keep these little stories in the news....it keeps the masses scared of the muslims.

The more little stories like this appear, the less sensitive we are when stories of the coalition forces torturing the muslim (and any other religion) prisoners, regardless if they are terrorist or not.

This is a way of conditioning the public to not see these people as humans, but as animals.....
In the same light, are the coalition forces who torture prisoners "animals"?

sure, i knew the "blame america first" crowd would be showing up. the muslims that used this mosque for torture are not to blame the west is!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Originally posted by Harlequin

I think what they did at this mosque and naked pyramid stacking is a wee bit different ...you think?

well naked pyramid stacking is , but hanging with plastic bags around heads and electrodes strapped to genitalia is the same as the chains here.

the media has shoved this down our throats since day 1 - what i fear for is my childrens children - who will grow up seeing no black and white - justthe worlds siuper powers allways fighting and doing anything they want to each other , growing in a world where extreme violance is the norm

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

sure, i knew the "blame america first" crowd would be showing up. the muslims that used this mosque for torture are not to blame the west is!!

Aren't America to blame for the current state of the worlds affairs?

It's your right to defend your county's honor, if they have any left, how do you defend the despicable acts carried out on a daily basis by your country's forces?......by your fellow countrymen?

It's like the chicken and egg argument here, if the US were not involved, would all these beheadings and torture have taken place?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's your right to defend your county's honor, if they have any left, how do you defend the despicable acts carried out on a daily basis by your country's forces?......by your fellow countrymen?

It's like the chicken and egg argument here, if the US were not involved, would all these beheadings and torture have taken place?

You america haters cry and bemoan, wail endlessley how terrible torture is then just off the cuff brush off any savage real torture done by america haters such as yourselves. You are condoning brutal savage torture and murder by shifting blame and not condemning these acts of brutality.

My own opinion is that there is a large part of the world that does not deserve freedom, and you are a prime example of someone whom freedom is wasted on.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I think you are forgetting the terrorist acts performed against the US abroad.
And you also conveniently forget all the humanitarian efforts the US has done and continues to do so...it is so easy just to blame America for everything.
There is alot of good in this country and this is why we are the chosen land.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It amazes me that people think this way.

Perhaps you can describe to me how America is to blame for the madness of much of Islam. Perhaps you can explain how the hundreds of years of dictatorship and tyranny have been caused by a country founded on the principles of liberty. Perhaps you can tell me how much better off you would be speaking German?

I am an Irish-American, my friend, and I would guess I share your values for the most part, and I can tell you, this is a wonderful, civilized country and I would prefer to live no where else in the world. All nations have their weaknesses and their challenges, but the American people are good and have been responsible for much that is progressive in this world.

Yes, we are flawed, but people here are trying to do the right thing. That much power now resides in our hands means that many will resent us, but remember that this power could very well have resided elsewhere, and I think you should ask yourself, from the comfort of your advanced, wealthy, free country, who you would rather have pulling the strings.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Grumble]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is staring to go off topic, but I will say this.

America has meddled in many other sovereign nation's affairs for far too long.

When will you learn that America is not doing this for the betterment of the world or it's people. America is only sticking her nose in to better herself. Where there is oil, you will find American's, where there is money to be made, you will find American's.

But, where there is famine...no American intervention, where there is dictatorship (Zimbabwe?)...no American intervention....

You starting to see a pattern? I have nothing against the American people, they are just niaeve about the world, and the realities of what goes on outside of the 50 or so states.

Iran.....has done nothing to America
Iraq.....did nothing to America
Alfghanistan......did nothing to America

America falsley accused these nations of harbouring "Al Qaeda", when there are other nations more guilty, but remain "friends" with America.
America is just looking out for herself, and no one else.

This bull crap about America caring for the world, and being the protector of freedom, etc.....blah blah......this is the nieve views of a sheltered people, who believe everything that their corrupt politicians feed to them on a daily basis....which brings me back to my original point on this thread....

The media feeding these wee stories to you guys, only strengthen you narrow minded view of what is going on in the real world.

I am not an American basher......I just see through America's lies and bullcrap and get ever more annoyed at the sheer arrogance of America.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Perhaps you can describe to me how America is to blame for the madness of much of Islam.

I will try not to go too off topic here, but I will merely elaborate on this statement, as it's a very important point.

Evil has gotten, throughout the centuries, more mileage out of Islam than any other religion there is, period. I honestly do not want to hear the east-vs-west, Islam VS Christianity play that I see coming up if the thread keeps turning how it is (as if America is Christian, to boot). I know it's cool to not discriminate, it isn't fashionable to single something out, and on and on, but it's also pretty much the only major religion which feeds the behavior straight out of it's *own doctrine*. The general rule of the major belief systems is that a select few will still have the brains to "get it", the way human potential is meant to be..you know, actually thinking and grasping things.. and the rest will misinterpret and run about like headless chickens. Islam doesn't allow for as much difference between "getting it" and "not getting it". It is so much more prone and open to extremist behavior than just about anything else that it's unbelievable, and nothing the US or the EU or anyone else does is going to change those people, sadly. The Turks didn't change it, the Crusaders didn't change it (they even added to it), nothing will change it. This country is in the wrong about a lot of things but the very core root of the matter is not on the shoulders of the West.

CX

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Where is the outrage?

Outrageous as this story is, the first thing that sprang into my mind when i read this was "Who's was the torture chamber......thiers or ours?".

The story is sickening, but are we really in a position to rant about how medieval this is?

CX.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ah look! The disinfo warriors, much like little kids on a playground, are crying But Daddy! He did it too!

Since they think like children, I will respond to them like children.

Child, two wrongs do not make a right.

All better now? Or do you need someone to kiss your boo-boo?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Ah look! The disinfo warriors, much like little kids on a playground, are crying But Daddy! He did it too!

Since they think like children, I will respond to them like children.

Child, two wrongs do not make a right.

All better now? Or do you need someone to kiss your boo-boo?

Point me to wherever america murdered somebody in a torture chamber and mutilated the bodies. If all you can come back with is a bunch of freaks left in charge of Abu Grahib which the US apolpgized for and punished the guilty, or the notorious non-lethal waterboarding of terrorists then you fail.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This is staring to go off topic, but I will say this.

America has meddled in many other sovereign nation's affairs for far too long.

When will you and people like you finally understand that America is a Superpower. All Superpowers meddle in the affairs of other nations. If they didn't, well, they wouldn't be superpowers would they?

From a purely political standpoint it makes absolute sense for the US to exert whatever political might they have in order to benefit them politically & economically.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Where is the outrage?
Only stories against the West have any legs around here. If the slightest accusation of torture is implied upon US forces, the vultures are out in force. The double standard is so obvious, I thought ATS was different than the MSM, looks the same to me.

Who invaded Iraq and caused the mess?

Who started the war based on lies?

Who started the secterian violence?

Who made shias and sunnis go against each other by creating the power struggle on who gets to control Iraq and its treasures?

Who bombed a million Iraqis to their graves?

Who turned Iraq into a terrorist breeding and training ground?

Who does't give a crap about what Muqtadas or other miltias do?

The answer is simple. US

top topics

<<   2 >>

join