It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flies attracted to negative emotions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well from what I hear flies have been known to show up to places where hauntings acure.

But you already mentioned that so I'm not going to go into detail about it.

My theory for that has always been if there atracted to dead things what would stop them from being attracted to dead spirts.

And you say that this happened when you were meditaing to realease some negtive energy.

So maybe they were attracted to the dieing energy you were realeasing.

Not sure though, could be mainy explantions for this.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Have you come to any conclusions about this? Your story is really trippin me out. I have always been afraid to do meditation. As a kid I was told it leaves you open to possession and I have not been able to shake that idea engraved in to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Maybe you need to bathe more often.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I'm ridiculously healthy... just put up a thread about toxins, it's not that.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Well, i'll be honest and make this a bit creepier.

I was making a bunch of money a couple years back and the ex wife and I started partying alot and we misbehaved, probably on every level, sexual, greed, consumption sloth...

anyway we ended up breaking up.

prior to that happening, she said she was having visons of a demon taunting her in her dreams

I dismissed this as "hallucination or exageration"

continued on a negative path for several months

then this year began to detox, take care of myself, meditate, started rebuilding myself a business

I think it's possible I had become seriously possesed and that I managed to fight through the thing

Religous text I have read state:

when a couple a man and woman in a household are guilty simultaneously of all 7 deadly sins a Greater demon will be summoned

and I would never believe this, even being open minded and into the paranormal

But... The FLIES

and honestly since then I have been, the most benevolent person, I mean just really good hearted and I have always been a good person except that dry run of stupidity

But I find I don;t much care about money, I prefer to earn it to give it away, I live a strict healthy life and I was conciously building to it all year...wanting it

But after that meditation I swear something was freed from inside me

I have gotten to a point where I can do some really intese meditations too... I mean i'm talking multiple hrs of heavy diaphram breathing achieving full kundalini and my whole body tingling like it is on fire and then I moved into tibetan deep chant in tandem...

hard to explain but useing the deep chant as the exhalation during continued Pranayama

and I had been getting really deep '___' like experiences, but this was by far the most intense and...when I woke up

I swear to g-d Flies everywhere, tons of them

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

and conclusions?

yeah I think I have but... they aren't conclusions I ever thought i'd believe in my life time.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Okay so let me explain what happened to me! My husband and I lived in the basement of his house. My mother in law lived upstairs. She was always upset and just a very angry bitter person. Her attitude, behaviors and actions brought a strain to our relationship. Our living area once bright and full of welcoming energy became dark. We felt the negative energy inside our living space and in fact just driving up to the house, the house looked dark. No matter how many flowers, colorful paintings we placed our home appeared depressed

One day we just got flies. It was more than twelve at a time. We would clean excessively and shut all windows and doors. This happened everyday for about a month. Flies just flies everywhere. I would hear the flies buzzing around my head during the night.

I am assuming they were attracted to the negative energy. Please feel free to comment. What is this force y flies?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Our living area once bright and full of welcoming energy became dark. We felt the negative energy inside our living space and in fact just driving up to the house, the house looked dark.

Wow, never experienced the flies but there was a time where I lived in an apartment that always looked dark and was always cold. It was as if the colors were washed out. Really odd place.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I seriously believe it was demonic possesion

honestly

and it wasn't like the movies,

just impulses, moments where, my decisions would be swayed when I was weak, no entity that, controled my thoughts, no voice in my head, just impulse decisions... like it would, push me... in moments of stress, or when not paying attention

a thought here, an impulse there, a feeling out of the blue

It reminds me honestly of the description that has been posted in other threads of the effects of toxoplasmois I belive on rats... how the virus makes htem, ignore the smell of a cats pressence, against better judgement

and... the flies.... blow me away... I don't know if they came to the energy, or came out of me or what

But I believe something... was at me, at both of us...

frightening stuff

but 100% true so help me g-d

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
No mystery here you were just releasing more carbon dioxide than usual which means you were breathing erratically the flies sense this as a sign of death,no biggie they were just waiting to do their job probably pretty mad too since you put out the fly signal with no corpse like your body signals promised.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
When practicing pranayama, you are balancing prana (that which enters the body; the vital life force) and apana (that which leaves the body). Once inside the body, prana is used – among other things – for cleaning up the waste matter inside you. It then leaves the body in the form of apana. Basically, apana uses and gives up the vital life force of the body. For this reason, apana is intimately connected with the process of death and decay, and is also known as 'the breath of death'.

Now, how does this tie into your story? You mentioned that you had your windows closed. This means that, for two hours long, you were getting rid of waste material which had nowhere to go. There was probably a big build-up of nastiness, which – if you chose to believe so – might have attracted flies.

Possible solution: open up you windows.

Either way, you should still open up your windows. Fresh air is absolutely vital to practicing pranayama, any yogi would agree with me on this.

Note: this depiction of pranayama is overly simplified and does not do it any justice. Please do your own research before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Salvation

That makes alot of sense...

and It was Phx AZ, so it was around 110 out and I had on the AC

but that foul air could have attracted the flies, This makes sense at a glance,

The air does circulate in central air but not all that fast

I still... (and my mind wants to think logically don't get me wrong) can't figure where they came from

The system has a Filter there were no flies in it, surely some would have been caught if they had entered through a vent somewhere

and none after

or

prior

and it was... I wont exagerate, not amityville horror numbers, but window ledge covered.. alot, a whole lot of them

What you say about the Breath... I very well, might have been THAT Toxic, I had a horrible year...

But my diet was okay for quite some time...

I had been doing things like dry sauna and...

Biologically I think I was ... (or would think) not so toxic

Maybe I just did a really good purge somehow

I was mixing meditation styles and really... really into it...

But even If I discount the spiritual entirely and we look at Biology

assume it was my exhalation that attracted them, the smell

They still came in large numbers from chemicals smells that were...

Stress related more than Biological if thats the case ( It wasn't sh breath lol)

Whatever I would have built up in me.. purely from a place of science, I was for quite some time living biologically healthy my negative discharge, any order or scent or fume would have to be stress and emotion generated I think?

Yes? no?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Are Flies Nanobots? flies are evil.. It is all in good fun, but there are certain creatures on this planet that possess power and intelligence. Happens in humans as well as animals. Is there any truth to this?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just a thought. When you're angry or nervous, your body temperature tends to rise, creating among other things an increase in your body scent. I would suggest that perhaps flies are drawn to people sweating or fuming because of the stink, not for any paranormal reasons.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well flies are attracted to garbage and dog crap as well. So what are we saying about ourselves here. Yeah you get my point. Like in the Matrix, SMITH says we are vile and putrid, and we stink. I have an ongoing battle with flies, a real bone to pick. When I go to McDonalds, I have to tell that bro behind the counter... "No Flies in my Fries".

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's threads like this which bring me back to ATS time and time again, because sooner or later someone (the OP in this instance) is going to recount an experience similar to one we've had ourselves and for which we're still seeking some form of explanation.

I experienced the fly-phenomenon several years ago. Mentioned it in an old post but had forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

We'd moved into the house in question the night before. There were no flies around at the time. It was a cold August night, which in this part of the world means Winter. New house and we didn't know any of the neighbours yet, so naturally we locked all doors and windows tight before going to bed.

Next morning, we rose early because the kids had to go to school and I was expecting delivery of more of our furniture.

To our disgust, when we entered the main living areas of the house, we saw numerous large flies. Immediately I began spraying with bug-spray. Swept up the dead ones and disposed of them. Took the kids to school and upon my return saw another small swarm of large black flies in the main living area, despite that the house had been locked in my absence. Sprayed and disposed of them again.

I couldn't understand where the flies were coming from, as all doors and windows were fitted with insect screens and the house was immaculately clean.

The following day was the same. By this time I was more than a little disturbed about the situation. The flies were blowflies. Don't know much about them but was aware that blowflies are usually attracted to death and decay and are associated with maggots.

When the flies continued to appear I became more and more disturbed by the situation, to the point I asked a tradesman (who was there to measure and quote on a skylight I intended to have installed) to check in the crawl space beneath the roof for a dead body. The kids nearly died of embarrassment, because the tradesman literally blanched and asked nervously: ' A dead body ? --- long pause --- What kind of dead body ? '

I'd meant a human dead body, but seeing as everyone was staring at me by now, I toned it down and suggested perhaps an animal had somehow got into the attic space and died, which made him a little less nervous, judging by the way colour returned to his face.

When the tradesman clambered down the ladder later on, he made a point of informing me there were no dead bodies in our roof. He looked almost as relieved as I felt.

After about a week, the flies simply ceased appearing and didn't appear again during the five or more years we lived in the house.

It was the second house I'd bought in that street. The first one was only six doors away and that one was definitely 'haunted' or at least the focus of a variety of disturbing paranormal phenomena. Between selling the first house and buying the second, we'd lived in another suburb for approx. 2.5 years and had not experienced any paranormal phenomena. But ... the kids had wanted to return to our old neighbourhood and their friends, so I'd bought the second house in the same street. The owners were a typical happy-family (mother, father and two kids) and they'd owned the house since it was newly built, so it didn't have a 'history' as far as I was aware. They had always appeared very wholesome and normal.

Lacking any better explanation, I long ago reached the conclusion that the area itself was less than wholesome. As I say, we'd owned another house just a few doors away, and that place ... although also very ordinary in appearance ... had been a paranormal-zoo. The entire suburb was only a few years old and consisted of newly-erected houses and streets. But ... it was built on reclaimed land which had once been a low-lying swamp prone to 'marsh lights' and spontaneously-generating fires. Developers had dredged some of the larger lagoons to create ornamental 'lakes'. During that process, they'd used the mud they'd removed to build-up the surrounding area, which in turn became the 'land' upon which the new, beachside suburb was developed.

Paranornmal phenomena in the first house we'd owned there had scared me half to death on a number of occasions and was largely responsible for my selling the place and moving my family away. I do believe that the first house was the 'focus' of whatever plagued the area. But, two or more years later, when I bought the second house in that street, it didn't even cross my mind that whatever ailed the first house might know we'd moved back to the area and 'migrate' to welcome us. Because looking back, that's how the blowfly visitation appears to me now.

Similar to the OPs protestations regarding personal hygiene and general cleanliness, my family and I are also fastidious in that respect. Nor was there anything in or around the house itself that might account for the inexplicable appearance of the blowflies. The previous owners of the house were also very clean.

The flies were not in evidence during the several occasions I inspected the house prior to purchasing it. There's nothing to explain their presence within a locked and securely screen house during that first week, after which they were not seen again.

Something else has just occurred to me, although it may have no relevance and may be regarded as far-fetched : we had a frequent visitor while we lived in the first house and that visitor was later described by a wide selection of those who knew her as 'satanic' (although for years I believed the person in question to simply be a 'difficult personality').

Having said that, I still believe our first house in particular was a 'focus' for malign paranormal phenomena -- although I suspect our frequent visitor may have exacerbated the situation, consciously or otherwise. For example, a highly evolved healer refused to allow her access to his property after the entire contents of shelves on his wall 'leapt' into the centre of the floor when she entered his room.

OP .. is there anyone you know who might harbour animosity towards you or who might resent your spiritual growth ? A lot of the resentment may be subconscious, of course: outwardly they may support the new path you've chosen. Nevertheless, their subconscious may be far more powerful than even they appreciate. They may be unaware of their own negativity and negative power to affect others. During your meditations, you may have failed to shield all your vulnerabilities. The flies may have been the physical manifestation of your own negative cleansing, as you've said ... or they may have been the product of someone else's negativity during the time you were meditating. Just a thought ...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Odd. In my previous house we had things go bump in the night, my daughter seeing a woman, myself seeing shadows on a daily basis. We had a serious fly problem, i mean serious. So bad we bought those "bags of stink" a person hangs which attract flies and trap them, not just a couple of stink bags but a LOT, i don't even know how many.

There are 2 houses on one property and my sister and wife ended hating each other beyond i could imagine. The hate, bad wishes, backstabbing..unimaginable. I have never felt such negativity hence the reason for selling up and moving.

I have spoken about my experience in various threads. Did not wanna start a thread about strange things and blame family for it as i will get torn to shreds on ATS.

Anyway moved out that house mid April and i cannot recall seeing one fly the last 5 months. Well it was Winter and Spring started 1st Sep, but still i have not seen one fly. I have seen all the usual insects we get in S.Africa, they are always around, maybe less over Winter but never gone. No flies

I am a believer that certain odours and the paranormal are related, be it sweet or really disgusting. Those odours are just different than the usual smell. I am sure if dogs & cats feel/smell death so do other animals and insects. Seeing flies are attracted to the foul odours for them to lay eggs, then they must smell it. They have better "noses"

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I've had my own experience with a fat black lazy fly that would appear randomly in the house at random times during the year, but most especially in the winter, over the course of three or four years. There was only ever one at a time that I saw and it would cruise around the house for a week or two before disappearing. I never found a dead fly. Ironically I was quite intimidated by it for quite a while before simply accepting that it was there for something and whatever that something was, it wasn't hurting me. I also think it important to note that my mental energy at the time was toxic.

Flies are extremely vital. I wouldn't look at this as a bad thing unless it becomes a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The same thing happened to me, and thats what brought me to this site as I was looking for an answer. Last night I did some trancendental meditation in my bedroom. My close friend had jus been diagnosed with cancer and yesterday afternoon was told she only had a few months left. I have been doing visualisations of the tumour as a slug, and me pouring salt on it and it shrinking away to nothing. The meditation was deep although I have not practised meditation for quite a long time. As I went to bed I heard one large fly buzzing around the room. This morning looking up at the skylight, I was completely freaked out as there were around 40 massive bluebottles on the inside of the window. I shooed most of them out, but came back home today to find about another 10 inside the window. I think its related to the release negativity, but another strange thing a few nights ago. lying in bed I saw a shadow of a boy about 8-9 years old walking toward the bed, doing some very strange movements with his hands and arms. A bit like how bez danced in the happy mondays is the best I can describe. I have never noticed any strange feelings in that room before. there is a grey stain that had been cleaned off the cream carpet in the room before I moved in (deduced from the empty can of 1001 stain remover that had been left up there) but has returned and it grows slowly. Could it be this? I am inclined to think it is more related to the meditation from what you have said here its too similar to ignore.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mopusvindictus
Or...

and I hate to think this... did they come out of me? Did I beat something that day... a demon?
Well, I think this could be. Don´t ask me how but I expirienced this many times as it starts with some sort of elektrostatic shock.
And yes, there is something attached on me. Don´t know exactly what it is but I do know it is having its own agenda as it is sometimes infiltrating my computer and telephone as well, erasing things and #ing my life up. I don´t know if I want to get rid of it. Could it be that it is actually from my own body like some type of aura/field or chi manifestation?

But don´t know if I should do something about it..there are alot of sinister things in my life seeming like there is no way to avoid the devestation and lonelyness,with or without spooky attachments..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join