It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of The Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am tired of the fighting on this planet today. War in Georgia, Iran on the brink, fighting in Afganistan just a few examples of the bloodshed around the globe. As we are now half way through 2008 does anyone think we will even make it to the middle of 2009? Surely in the 21st century we can do better than this and resolve disagreements in a mature manner. Are we now seeing the occupancy of Planet Earth by humans comming to a violent and bloody end ?

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just wait until the oil runs out!!!! Oh, that was Iraq. Iran terrible people wanting the bomb, but they've got oil, so they're next! And as for poor Georgia, they've got a big oil, wait for it, pipeline. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Anyone got a stat on money spent on renwable technology vs money spent on war? We're not even trying to get ourselves off this addiction.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ye the world is getting worse all the time now and powerhungry polititions arent making things any better.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah it can suck sometimes...I suppose...I think...maybe?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What bothers me is that this is gonna all boil up into one ugly war, probably go nulcear and then the earth will just be another asteroid belt in the solar system. And all for oil!! if that is not insanity i dont what is !!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It is a joke isnt it to be honest people lifes are worth oil these days the govornments dont care about us atall i think theyre to control us nothing else not watch over us and help us but to control us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know. But if they suceed in literally blowing this planet to smithereens then they wont have anuthing to control as every single one of us will be dead including them. Nuclear bunkers wont protect them from the planet breaking up into atoms

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Agreed ! the State Of The Planet is less than optimal.

but there is a way to input a way out of the mess
and get paid for your idea

It's called the " 2009 Buckminister Fuller Challenge "
Where you can gain self satisfaction just by submitting a plan/idea/ or something which can change of the present paradigm...
(war, arms sales economies, etc)

and possibly winning $100k to boot.
(ATS points are a fine reward for creative effort...
but hard cash is a might bit better. eh?)

see if you'ld be interested in wracking your brain in this type of contest/challenge
~ which begins this 18th of September, 2008~
with the aim of bettering society.

[i hope posting this link does not break the T&C...]

challenge.bfi.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Buckle up, kids...
It´s gonna be one HELL of a bumpy ride!

new topics

top topics

join