It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Identity...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi friends,

This is a subject that I have wanted to bring forward for some time now, however due to the sensitive nature of the doplganger theory, I have waited.

First of all let me say that back in the 1960's I was at a Dodgers Baseball home game when standing in line for a hot dog I looked to my right and saw myself in the mirror, as you normally do, I just glanced past myself nonchalantly until my heart was struck with fear adrenaline because it was at that point I realized she was not wearing the same outfit as me!

Feeling as if I had entered an unknown zone, I did all I could to not be seen by her, why at around age 8 I would think that way who knows, but something told me not to let her see me.

Years later I lived in a relatively small town and often had people come up to me acting as if they knew me that I had never seen before. It took some time and questioning of my sanity to finally come to the conclusion someone with my exact looks, clothes and name was living somewhere in my town, and ran in some of the same circles.

From what I discovered she would be what I considered my dark side. Although in my younger years I was well known as a big partier, I had limits that this gal did not. For instance one night I had stayed at a boyfriends and the next day when I went home my Moms best friend had sworn to her that she had seen me at the local pub giving oral gratification to some bloak. no matter how hard I cried and tried to convince my Mom, she died thinking that was true of me. Pitty.

A couple of years later, I was in a very very bad situation because of something again that other gal had done with the wrong type of people and not only my life but my families was in danger. I was taken by the criminals she ran with and accused of dreadful things and had to escape with my life from them.

Moving ahead to 8 years ago, I was pulled over by the police for a moving violation and the cop drew his gun and had me step out of the car after I had handed him my ID.

A case of mistaken identity he finally admitted and was then as sweet as could be. He told me her name, exactly same as mine, which is not a common name at all, not in its intirety. by this time I had already been told her address, it was 10 miles away from me.

Several times going to pay bills my name has been mixed up with hers and I always hear her latest address for some reason. Each time seemingly getting closer.

Last month she had moved even closer to my address and was now only 8 miles from my house. Now today while out paying my electric bill, again the gals name comes up and she is now living only 2 miles from me.

These are only a couple of the odd similarities and coincedences I could relate over the years about 'her'.

The scary part is that a good friend and one I trust very much( a long time member here) told me that her relative went missing last month only to turn up having drown (RIP) but the strangest and most unexplainable part was that another guy his same age and exact name living in the same town had also died by drowing in the same lake within 24 hours of each other.

Her story haunted me, even though I continue to put my 'gal' behind me and seem to forget until her name comes up again and again. So this is a bit freaky isnt it? I have to wonder if I should go confront her, confront my fear or my curious nature, what do you think I should do?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
One more thing, over the years I have changed my name 3 times legally. So has she. Or at least it appears this way.

By facing this straight on, do you think that it will change anything or should I just leave this chalked up to the unexplained, the unknowable?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

antar, that's pretty freakin odd. Even for here. I dunno if one-on-one confrontation is exactly the right idea, but, I think investigating a little harder than you already have is a sound idea.
Do you think she has gone through all the identity issues you have? Do you have similar names? What, if anything, have you learned about her?

Totally interested, sista!

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, if it was me, I would hire a private investigator but tell the investigator as little as possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Antar, you're a lot more laid back than I am (or a lot less confrontational). If I had seen someone that looked just like me I would have fairly run to meet them and point out the similarities. See if we couldn't get together and pull some practical jokes.

I heard my name called overhead once at Wal-Mart (not a common name) to come pick up my car in the automotive department-it was now ready. I had not left my car in the automotive department but I went there anyway and found that there is indeed someone with my name, living 3 miles from me (I get a lot of calls from bill collectors looking for her). The Wal-Mart cashier was terribly helpful and let me see the information:address, phone number, description and license # of her car, etc. She's a couple of years younger than me but the cashier remembered her and said she doesn't look like me so I let it go.

With 6 billion+ people on the planet, we're bound to have some look-alikes around. Take a chance and introduce yourself. Bring a piece of junk mail and tell her you think you got her mail or some other excuse. Occasionally curiosity kills the cat so do let us know how it goes. Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As unusual as MY name is, there is at least one other Heike in the city I live closest to. There is also a woman in the city who looks enough like me for me to be mistaken for her. Luckily for me, they are two different people!

I can tell you're feeling weird about this .. but .. just hit it head on and figure it out is what I would do. Probably just a bizarre coincidence (or a long lost twin LOL) and once you know it will stop bothering you so much.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
Well, if it was me, I would hire a private investigator but tell the investigator as little as possible.

This is exactly what I would do. In fact, that used to be my job - years back and I will probably go back into once I graduate.

A PI can investigate her (background, etc) and then follow her to see what the heck she is up to....and see if maybe she is stalking you and maybe stealing your idenity because she looks just like you. I myself was involved in a number of stolen identity cases. (cases I worked on, not my identity stolen). However, your story goes quite beyond something like that IMO.

I myself, would want to get to the bottom of it and find out what the heck is going on.

Very interesting story. Keep us posted please!

[edit on 8/19/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Confront her. Its the only way to know. Either that or die not knowing. I'd rather know.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
People approach asking if I'm so and so most of the time freaking the person out.

It actually has happened so much over my life it really doesnt surprise me when these people appoach me.

Although I have never met one of these people who look exactly like me.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thankyou all for your thoughtful replies. Yes it is indeed a very strange situation, and for most of my life I would have run as fast and far from her as I could get but not so much now. At least not completly.

The reason I even consider meeting her is because of the situation above I told you about with my friend and her relative who died last month. Being a conspiracy type, I wondered if there could have been some sort of a hit out on one of them that drowed, maybe even a time traveler situation having to do with one of them, and to be on the safe side they killed both.

One thing I have discovered about this woman who ever she is, she is not liked by the authorities.

Now, WW I like your idea of the junk mail, at least that way I could get a look at her. But whats that going to tell me? Are you saying that as long as this one does not look like me I am safe? I am not so certain.

I did have my passport taken from me years ago, actually during the time I told you about above when I had to run for my life because of what she had done. But that was before my last marriage and subsequent name change.

I will stay in touch with you on this as grabbing the bull by the horns would be the most satisfying end result. I have loads to do this week, but will try to go see her over the weekend.

One question, should I tell her my name if she turns out strange, dangerous or creepy? She has probably had some of the same mix ups as me.

Off to pick apples. Check back tonight. And thankyou, it just feels better to share this with someone, for years it has been like a skeleton in my closet.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, IMHO, I would thoroughly investigate her before meeting her in person. I mean, your accounts are all so strange and just not a normal situation; therefore, I would be well prepared of who you are meeting before you meet her.

Good luck. I will look forward to updates

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I went to a job interview and was told that I had just left the interview!

It turns out that someone with my name, similar appearance, and from the same town had applied for the same job and had just finished their interview right before I showed up for mine. Freaky.

Also, I tried to sign up for phone service in a town I had just moved to and was told by the phone company that I couldn't have a phone because I didn't pay my bill when I was with them before. I explained to them that I had never had service with them before. They asked me if I had ever lived at such and such address and I said no, but that I had lived for a time one street over at another address. They refused to give me service so we put it in my husband's name. They transferred me to their fraud department. I had to leave my info with them and they never called me back. I called them several times, always being told that I would be called back. I never was. Concerned that my identity had been stolen, I contacted the credit bureaus. There was nothing on my reports that was unusual or something that I hadn't signed up for myself. Eventually, I just quit calling the phone company.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If she has the same name as you and looks like you and is not liked by the authorities, hell, get the authorities to check her out. You could tell them you're worried about identity theft or stalking since she has followed you around and you just want the authorities to know that there is another "you" out there.

There are also places on the internet where, for about 20.00$ you can get all sorts of information about a person. Intelius is one, I think. There are others. I'd be interested to find out how it goes. Best of luck to you, girlfriend.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

There are also places on the internet where, for about 20.00$ you can get all sorts of information about a person. Intelius is one, I think. There are others. I'd be interested to find out how it goes. Best of luck to you, girlfriend.

Just so you know, those services on line are not always reliable nor up to date. If you want a background check on someone, the best bet is to contact a private investigator or law enforcement.

I have actually done backgrounds on myself (which I recommend everyone to do, because you never know what is out there linked to your name) and I have found very wrong information about myself. I used Intelius and there was wrong information about me (such as places I lived or did not live). Just something to think about

If cost for a PI is an issue, you can many times negotiate prices. Most prices are set, however, we received many calls where someone said "I really need your help but I only have xx amount of money to spend". The firm I had worked for always worked with cases like that.

[edit on 8/19/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If you have gotten in trouble because of her, you have to confront the situation. I mean, you are lucky to be alive; what about if next time you are not so lucky. Speak to the authorities about it and your fears, and try to meet the person. Like stated by other members above, your situation seem to be more than a coincidence.

Abut 10 years ago I went into a Macdonald's and the people behind the counter were smiling at me, mind you, I used to go there all the time. Then A lady came from behind the counter to confront me about why I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Once I opened my mouth and spoke she realized that I wasn't her SON! You would think that she would know her own son from everybody else. I went to where the guy worked, a pharmacy store, and I as soon as I walked in they asked me why I've changed my clothes and where I was coming from if I was there a minute ago with the uniform on. While trying to explain the guy came from the back to do something in the front. Everybody stared at us in disbelief, and asked him why he never spoke of his twin brother. Body wise we looked alike, both work out, same hight and size, same color hair and even posture, but to me, face wise we didn't look alike that much, and even some of my friends agreed with me. at that time I did some local singing, came out on local TV and did some modeling, which the guy took advantage of with the ladies, as I was later harassed by some of the ladies in why I never called back and used them. When I investigated, it was the other guy having a good time at my expense.

I read a book about coincidences which was very interesting.

You have to distinguish yourself from that other person because you never know what might happen in the future!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Identity theft is a serious thing. Best to nip it in the bud.

Yesterday I went to a different video store closer to my house to rent some videos and the cashier/clerk said, "Do you know you owe $88.00 in late fees?" I said, "I've never even been in this store until today." I had her check ALL my information with the person sharing my name and even our phone numbers were similar. I tried to give her the address of the other person and she didn't want it.

I also went to pick up a prescription for my sick son and the pharmacist tried to tell me I owed him money because my insurance company had not paid last time. I explained that there was another person with my name and told him to check the birth date. It took about 30 minutes to clear it up while my sick son languished in the car (contagious-couldn't bring him in).

These kind of incidents cost me my time and aggravation; plus the people never believe me and treat me like the deadbeat that the other girl is. I'm constantly getting calls from bill collectors threatening me with lawsuits if I don't pay up. I patiently explain to them that I am not the one they are looking for and re-direct them to the appropriate person but I'm paying (in time and hassel) for someone else's problems. If she decided to get really creative and steal my identity, it would cost me lab work to prove my DNA and/or hours at the DVS to get a new birth certificate, hours at the DMV to get a new drivers license, hours at the SS office, etc. I've put a password on all my accounts (bank, credit card, etc.) and fuss at any employees who get lax by not asking for it when I show up or conduct any financial transaction. This girl is enough of a hassel to me without her getting my total identity.

If Antar has someone that is in trouble with the law, it would be wise to clear things up as quickly as possible before you find yourself behind bars for something you didn't do. Lawyers can get pretty expensive quickly even if you're in the right. And getting re-imbursed for your legal expenses is practically impossible. I know whereof I speak.

Deal with the problem head-on and save yourself all kinds of trouble later down the road.

top topics

join