It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smell a world war a-brewin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Spain gains a new anti-US government. 1 ally down.

North Korea situation.

Taiwan elections.

Iraq situation

France having an affair with China.

How long 'til the bombs start flying?

Maybe John Titor was right. And I could see a US Civil War a possibility, especially if the 2nd Patriot Act is passed.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I heard California already wants to succeed.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Maybe not a civil war like the "Civil War" with secession and all that...but with people protesting the patriot act and that turning violent and then a full scale revolution starting.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I will give it at most 4 years till it happens. I will only be 16 then. Hope they don't reinstate the draft.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I heard California already wants to suceed.

Hell yea we want out of this mess...!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If WWIII breaks out, you can find my ass in the abandon Nike Missile Bases in NJ. Able to withstand blasts of 1 megaton soo I should be safe from conventional munitions...not sure how strong a nuke would be.

I'm gonna scope out ways to get into the underground portion when I get my license in 13 days lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yeah but how does california defend itself. assuming they would be the first successful successionist. they got the rockies buffering the us on one side, mexicans up the but from the south, and they still have to defend the pacific?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i agree, i wouldn't be surprised if it did come down to that.

and i think the only way a state could secede would be if it was either texas (since they have the legal power to do so already) or if multiple states did at once and organized like the confederacy did.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dude.. i live in california, in arguably the most liberal city of the whole blasted wasteland, and even here there is no talk of succession. We are all contendly eating our frozen-yogurt and writing income-tax checks just like the rest of you.

Anyways, even if the bombs do fly, i bet we would win. And dont shovel any of the MAD # at me, the US is run by big #ing pussies (bfp) and these bfps wouldnt start # unless they were 100% sure someone else was gonna die for it (as in 0 probability that their house might get bombed). Ergo, if the bombs fly, its cuz they are sure as sure we would win.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cascadego
Dude.. i live in california, in arguably the most liberal city of the whole blasted wasteland, and even here there is no talk of succession. We are all contendly eating our frozen-yogurt and writing income-tax checks just like the rest of you.

Anyways, even if the bombs do fly, i bet we would win. And dont shovel any of the MAD # at me, the US is run by big #ing pussies (bfp) and these bfps wouldnt start # unless they were 100% sure someone else was gonna die for it (as in 0 probability that their house might get bombed). Ergo, if the bombs fly, its cuz they are sure as sure we would win.

Im guessing you live in Berkley... most liberal is not California. Did you the leading county in our San Jaquin Valley, Fresno, would be 9th richest state if it were it's own state! Thats just one county... this state would make a great country away from the other 49 who are just soaking up our wealth...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You assume the US would be the 1st to strike...I'm thinking China or North Korea would fire the first shots of the war, wether it be NK at SK or China at Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
California itself is a country, I'm not sure, hoping someone could give me the data, but it's 30% of the U.S. economy. And no, California is not going to succeed. Although there have been talks about splitting Northern and Southern California apart, but that'll never fall through. Cascadego, nice avatar, but it looks like the barcodes are a little crooked, but it could just be the way it's photographed.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Let me just say i got the pic public domain. I dont think they would let me into the university here if i really looked like that...

As to who fires first: i suppose i was sorta working on the assumption that we would fire first. I think though that it is not unreasonable to assume so. Something about us being the top dog and China having to risk more to challenge the status quo gives me that feeling. I dont know, if you all think we wouldnt start it, chime in.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ummmm...when did france start dealing with china?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Only a terrorist could get away with WMD attack, a country attacking us would be obliterated. Bet on it.

Variable

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
ummmm...when did france start dealing with china?

Since the momment they realized they could peddle arms to China. Those cheese eating bastards.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Only a terrorist could get away with WMD attack, a country attacking us would be obliterated. Bet on it.

Variable

i agree, but said terrorists could be backed by a country. cite taliban and al qaeda... i wouldn't be surprised if something did happen, say a first terrorist strike followed by something from china while our backs are turned.

if anything, i wouldn't doubt WWIII to start with another india-pakistan war. or maybe north korea invading south korea.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
another india-pakistan war.

Ive always felt the same, the first one to lob ordanance over the border will trigger the first Nuclear war. And then I could see Chinas envolvement as a powerplay for Taiwan and the disputed border with India. So Pakistan and China vs. India would result in American intervention, then N Korean intervention. The dominoe effect realized.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yep, I'd have to say that I see a world war coming soon. Tensions are rising at an alarming rate, and half the world AT LEAST, is pissed off at us americans. I'm seriously considering moving to Canada or Australia/NZ...

And I could definitly see California 'breaking off into the ocean' (seceding)... and Oregon and Washington following in later years. Maybe I'll just move to Cali if that happens... at least I know I'd be able to smoke some pot without getting arrested for it!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If Bush gets elected again, I think that that will cause tensions to rise even more if he continues with his war on terror.

BTW- Earthscum, I'd hate to tell you this, but Australia and NZ don't allow non-australian and non-NZ born people to move in with them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join