It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smell a world war a-brewin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
China has no real interest in provoking or jumping into a big conflict with the west/USA. How many things do you own that was "made in china"? They are making a LOT of $$$ off of the USA, and bailing out N.Korea is not worth the loss of revinue.

As far as China/Taiwan...while china wants top possess in all ways taiwan, its of no use wrecked....it is a major commercial capital center and thats why the chinese dont want them walking away from the mainland. Yet another economic example of why its more in china's interest to keep peace in their reigon.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here's a theory I was pondering while watching the evening news.

France just recieved a "credible threat" from a terrorist organization- Looks to be Al-Qaida, from what the news said. France took NO PART in the U.S Battle(s) against terrorism.

Spain gets bombed(probably Al-Qaida), and now has a newly-elected ANTI-US Government.

France, looking to place the blame for any attacks or threats which may come to them, blames the U.S for not obliterating Al-Qaida the first time around.

Spain, with their new Anti-U.S Government, puts a "3rd party blame" for the train attacks on the U.S, since the U.S was supposed to be fighting this big war on terror.

France and Spain unite. France and Spain blame all terrorism on U.S for not wiping it out in the first place.

U.S, still trying to recover from the negative impact of the war in Iraq, places trade sanctions, etc... on France and Spain.

France and Spain get PISSED, start WWIII.

Could be the Vicodin talking. Or this could really happen. I guess we'll wait and see.

Now for the fire-breating smiley.....

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think the China versus US threat isn't there the way some think it is. China is all about business and they are making tons of money off the US (I agree with the above.) We are outsourcing jobs, etc. to China and they have a big trade surplus with the US. It would be just plain stupid to cut out a major source of income.

However what I fear could happen might be a draft in 2005, followed by required training of lots of new US troops, then an ultimatum to North Korea to get rid of their nukes or else. All it takes is a suicidal leader or two crazy leaders to start it. If this happened, China could protest by marching a "few" troops off to southeast asia getting some "elbow" room. Then you also have India and Pakistan. I'm just speculating here.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I honestly do not think that Europe will start the agression.

If anything South East Asia of the Middle East will, but the European Union needs time to form up a unified front.

Even Britain will fall after they get rid of Blair. They are already trying.

Purely conjecture though. Who knows what will happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If N.Korean conflict erupts with the usa, i feel that china will try to take a leadership role...but not really push its millitary muscle into it except as peace keepers after the us takes care of business. They could act as n.koreas "steward" looking out for n korea, (AND CHINA'S) interests...i feel the chinese understand that N.Korea now is destabalizing and that they would let this "bad child" be punnished as long as they were very involved in the overall process/cleanup

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I personally believe that there would be three different powers involved in WW3. It would be something along the line of US, EU and India, the Middle East, and The Eastern Asian area.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer

BTW- Earthscum, I'd hate to tell you this, but Australia and NZ don't allow non-australian and non-NZ born people to move in with them.

Umm... you determined this because why? You assume things, man... don't assume. I have had open invitations from several people, including ex-girlfriend (after we broke up... we're still friends). You ASSUME that I am a typical American that has no friends outside of the USA. You ASSUME I am just some asshole who will barge into their country and claim home. Don't assume things.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum

Originally posted by Slayer

BTW- Earthscum, I'd hate to tell you this, but Australia and NZ don't allow non-australian and non-NZ born people to move in with them.

Umm... you determined this because why? You assume things, man... don't assume. I have had open invitations from several people, including ex-girlfriend (after we broke up... we're still friends). You ASSUME that I am a typical American that has no friends outside of the USA. You ASSUME I am just some asshole who will barge into their country and claim home. Don't assume things.

Uhhh...sorry? Thanks for being so anal (/sarcasm).

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Originally posted by Cutwolf:

If WWIII breaks out, you can find my (c) in the abandon Nike Missile Bases in NJ. Able to withstand blasts of 1 megaton soo I should be safe from conventional munitions...not sure how strong a nuke would be.

Just so ya know, nukes can exceed several thousand megatons.

But an abandoned silo (if the enemy knows it's abandoned) isn't a likely target, and it'd be fine in a civil conflict where nuclear arms aren't likely to come into play.

[Edited on 3-16-2004 by Xenographer]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
hey if callifornia leaves the state's come join canada eh... we produce half your movies for half the price anyway muahahahahahah

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hehe with all the california breaking away bit and the end of the world chit chat..I thought this link would be most appropriate..
:

www.funnyjunk.com...

Btw I never knew warheads with yields of "several thosuands of magetons" existed..any sources to back that up?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
China is still riding a wave of economic and technological expansion, so starting a big war would seem inconvenient for them at THIS TIME....

Their engine needs an increasing supply of oil and that may lead to clashes, Iran is the country where USA and China interests might bump hard!

The superpowers, not being totally crazy, will instead choose to dig for oil in Africa and fight numerous resource proxy-wars using puppet-regimes and will be shown on western television as tribal and black-muslims agains black-cristians conflicts....

Also Europe wants a piece of the African pie, especially the French, already intervening. Africa is everybodies bitch and the civilian blood shed will be in countries far enough to comfort ourselves we live in democratic countries with no queues at tankstations....

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
You assume the US would be the 1st to strike...I'm thinking China or North Korea would fire the first shots of the war, wether it be NK at SK or China at Taiwan.

I agree. Korea will probally start the bombing action.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
Originally posted by Cutwolf:

If WWIII breaks out, you can find my (c) in the abandon Nike Missile Bases in NJ. Able to withstand blasts of 1 megaton soo I should be safe from conventional munitions...not sure how strong a nuke would be.

Just so ya know, nukes can exceed several thousand megatons.

But an abandoned silo (if the enemy knows it's abandoned) isn't a likely target, and it'd be fine in a civil conflict where nuclear arms aren't likely to come into play.

[Edited on 3-16-2004 by Xenographer]

The largest nuclear weapon ever tested had a yield of 'only' 58 megatons, by the Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Since the momment they realized they could peddle arms to China. Those cheese eating bastards.

Aye laddie, thats "cheese eatin' surrender monkeys", get ye wee phrases right!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
World War will start in the middle east. Once two middle eastern countries go to war for example Israel and Iran, majority of the world would be sucked in. World War III will not be started by a European Country or America, it will come from a different part of the world.

China, no. It wouldn't lunch a major war against the states, the country is on the rise of being a superpower. It wouldnt attack until its a superpower.

North Korea. Im not sure to be honest, it will probably be suicide if they started launching nukes here and there.

Iran, Probably the most likely. Iran will either attack Israel or be attacked by Israel. If either one of those happen, your looking at a major war.

Egypt. Well,Israel said it would shoot down any of it planes crossing there airspace and Egypt my starting to become a player in "who will start World War".

That was just a quick guess by me at who are the likely targets to start world war.

dh

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I will give it at most 4 years till it happens. I will only be 16 then. Hope they don't reinstate the draft.

You're twelve and you're interested
That's great
Don't worry - enjoy being twelve and your adolescent years
WWW3 is happening and it's a mind mess against the population
It uses real people and real death but it's all contrived to control
Purely to control
Find every way you can to defend your developing mind/brain (they're not the same thing but look to protect) against the onslaught

This link may inspire you as it once inspired me
www.metatech.org...&_orgone_generator.html

and more especially this
www.metatech.org...

though I'd recommend an adult to help you - more than recommend it is a must

Avoid, or keep yourself detached from Video games, TV, cell phones
Treat them as just junk

Sorry if this is patronising, but you've got to see and seize the world in a different way

Power to you, young rapscallion

[edit on 16-1-2005 by dh]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Interesting that no one has yet factored Russia into the scenario. Where does everyone think thier allegiance lies? I'd place my money on China. I'm surprised that Russia and China havn't started thier own 'big boy' league like NATO and the EU. They'd call it something along the lines of AU probably and recruit all those smaller nations, reinstate thier swift communist rule and bang we're back in the same old mess once more. Just a thought feel free to tear my opinion apart...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You people got it all wrong! WW3 isn't going to happen with Korea or M. East, it'll happen with South America.

When Castro dies America will try to get democratic elections there. Soon after the first election Cuba will become a power and start a Latin America alliance with Mexico, Columbia, Argentina and others. This new alliance will rival America in economic power. A terrorist attack in US is claimed by Columbian terrorists. America will order Columbia to remove the terrorists. After awhile America sees no progress so they embargo Colombia. In retaliation the Latin American Alliance embargoes America with devastating economic consequences. Tensions build. US troops build up on Mexico border Mexican troops build on US border. Then Mexico attacks America and World War III starts

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hate to break it to everyone here, but we're already in WWIV and the bombs are flying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join