It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red light flying in the sky..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I always wondered what the red light UFO's were.

Have seen them in San Diego before... Interesting stuff.

If anyone seen them too, U2U me to discuss the experience.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

I Saw that last night me and my friend but we thought maybe a satellite?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I seen the same thing once, a red light flashing by real quick no more than 100 ft in front of me. I'd estimate the speed to be at least a few thousand km/h

I have no idea what it was

[edit on 21-9-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've read a some of the MOD reports for UFO's alot of them refer to orange lights - reported by UK residents, police and even the MOD them selves. you can google MOD UFO sightings in England or UK. I was curious to see what the most common description was. The main ones are orangle lights, Twinkling Techicolour cubes and silver cigars shapes/elipses.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Because it flew from one side of the sky to the other and it wasnt moving like one either.
i dont know much about meteors but i dont think one would be able to keep its glow for that long
and the light was flying right below the skies..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

Funny You should post that. About 2 weeks ago while I was waiting for my ride to the airport to show up (was waiting outside smoking a cig) I saw exactly the same thing. Right across my house is a small hill with trees and another building just to the right of the hill . So I am standing there watching the street and some couple arguing about something when suddenly a ball of red light (at least it looked like a ball) shows up from behind the trees , flies over towards the building , stops there for a few sec and then slowly starts moving across the street and behind my building.

And I know I saw what I saw because the couple stopped arguing and also started watching the light.

It was not an airplane (I know the light patterns of aircraft's) and it was not an helicopter . Its kind of hard to say how high it was but it wasn't to high as it was well below the clouds .

Also when It flew over my head and behind my building it did not produce any sound whatsoever.

I did have a phone with a camera but sadly a red ball of light on a semi dark sky would not have made any impact on ats so I didn't bother.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Thill]

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have seen something similar to that in PA. It wasn't a red ball though. It looked a little like a plane but it was flying almost straight up and it had a red trail behind it. It was weird because I saw it, then it looked like it stopped. I ran inside to grab my cam corder, but it WOULD NOT work. I ran outside to try to get it on my phone at least and it was gone. No where to be seen. There were no visible clouds in the sky, which is also why the red trail was so distinct being against the midnight blue sky...Very weird.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

You are right, a meteor would not usually travel across the whole sky, from horizon to horizon, however, under rare circumstances this can happen (the meteor would have to be large and come in at an extremely low angle). The classic example is the 1972 Jackson Lakes daylight fireball (I'd post some links, but they are old/dead and waybackmachine is down!).

Here's footage of the event:
video.google.co.uk...

Meteors like this, which come in at a very low angle are known as "Earth grazers". Since they hit the atmosphere at such a shallow angle, they tend to survive and glow for much longer than meteors with high entry angles.

Even relatively small meteors are capable of crossing the sky, *almost* from horizon to horizon. I have seen this myself many times now, and Earth grazers appear and move differently to other meteors. I can see how one could easily be thought of as a UFO by anyone not familiar with Earth grazers. They are certainly amazingly beautiful and eerie to watch at the same time!

I think this is probably what you saw. I noticed that the date which you observed this object on is quite close to the peak of the Perseid meteor shower (13th), which is a well known and prolific producer of Earth grazers. If what you saw moved roughly from the East to the West and you saw it when it was just getting dark, or not long after dark, then you can be pretty sure it was a Perseid 'grazer!

There is also plenty of other activity from other meteor showers at this time of year, so it does not necessarily have to be a Perseid that you saw, but it being red would certainly tally well with it being a Perseid, since they are often colorful.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
ps lot of strange >SNIP< in the sky metor showers nonstop why?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

The general publics perception of meteors and meteor showers is that they are rare events that occur infrequently, when in fact the exact opposite is true. Earth is constantly being bombarded by meteors, most of which we don't see either because it's too light or they occur over sea/unpopulated areas (the vast majority of our planet).

If you do take the time to watch the night sky over many nights, and years, you will soon see what I mean.

I've been observing meteors for nearly a decade now, as well as being actively involved in the meteor observing community, and I think I'd probably know if there was an increase in activity. What has increased though is public awareness, and media interest, which makes it seem like there is increasing activity.

Perhaps more people are looking up at the skies now too - there are quite a few factors that could lead to this general perception. Lets not forget the contribution of the internet, and sites like ATS, which gather all the news into one place, news which might otherwise have been missed or overlooked. I think the general public also seems more willing to report unusual occurrences that they might not have reported in the past, which is also in part due to the internet and the anonymity it provides.

If you come into all this without a base-line it's quite easy to get the impression that activity could be increasing, just as seems to be happening in the "global-warming" debate.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPayt

Because it flew from one side of the sky to the other and it wasnt moving like one either.
i dont know much about meteors but i dont think one would be able to keep its glow for that long

Same here, my red light flew between a bunch of skyscrapers, no way was it a meteor

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

My parents saw something very similar to what you describe a few years ago. They both don't believe in Aliens/UFOs but they both can't explain what they saw.

They were outside the front of their house and it was a clear night. Suddenly something flew towards them and with a red light. My mother clearly remembers the object being quite low as she ducked thinking it was going to hit them! She also remembers that it was completely silent!

Maybe it's some sort of military project?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Originally posted by MrPayt

Same here, my red light flew between a bunch of skyscrapers, no way was it a meteor

I'm not saying every "red ball of light" that you see has to be a meteor by any means, but if what you saw was above the horizon and kept a straight course, then it would be the simplest explanation.

Spend some time watching meteors and you'll see for yourself - once you see a couple of Perseid or Leonid Earth grazers. Always look for them just as it's getting dark, going from low in the East to the West, via either the South, North, directly overhead or anywhere in-between, but always traveling from E > W!

The Leonids are less than a couple of months away now, and the best night to catch some Leonid 'grazers on would be on the 16th, just as it gets dark. Keep an eye on the ATS Space Exploration forum for more details soon!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Also, it's not uncommon for meteors to seem to be very low altitude, though this is only an illusion!

Edit to add:

Here's a photo of a Leonid Earth grazer taken with an "all sky" camera in 2001. Pretty close to being horizon-to-horizon I'd say!

source

[edit on 22-9-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yes,

I saw a massive red light today in Brasillia asthe plane descended into brasil. It was amazing large and didn't move.
people saw it but no photos yet ..
read more herebrasillia october 14 ufo

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

Hi guys
Yes last night we saw 2 red lights flying not like a plane and at a speed and agility that our plane can't do . We were 4 persons we saw them for about 3 top 4 minutes at night (11:20pm) the 19 Oct 2008. At the begining there was only one UFO, suddenly it disepeared, and 10 seconds later he reapeared then split in 2 parts.

They started to fly like drunk person driving cars, no straight lines from right to left, having fun even seems to chase each other at some point.

pne of them got a little bit further, then pop up instantly dirrectly on the other one, we were still able to see 2 red light no sincronise, but they seems tyo be on tie to the other.

Direction north north east, Center quebec, Canada

It wasn't palnes ! ! ! !

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPayt

I to have scene a red light in the sky just a few moments ago, it curtainly wasnt a plane as i watch the skys alot , he in my small town called telford england. where i live we have alot of airplanes going by on a daley bases, this was moving slowly its was a deep red colour, it disappered fro a moment then reappered moments later sitting in a western sky it moved slowly again off to the south east then as before just disappered in to thin air. i did get some video but my phone had trouble picking it up. i hope you have more luck finding your answer, sinceley mr morrison

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When searching this morning to find out what planes uses a constant flashing Red light! Came across this thread.
Last night at approx 8.00 pm in Southern Ireland, I was outside when I noticed this flashing Red Object which was moving at speed across the sky, I did not think much of it as there is an airport nearby, however at approx 8.45 the same object was moving above the City I live in as I travelled towards the said city! Now the funny thing is its original flight path was not one you'd take to get to the local airport and on the second sighting it was going nowhere near the Airports direction, also as it happens I seen a plane which must have just taken off from the local airport and it has a mainly white flashing light, followed by a red blinking and All it can say, It was not nearly as strong coloured as the Red flashing object I seen and also the object had no other lights flashing it was a constant flashing Red large object. Would like to know anyones thoughts! Cause Im stumped!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

wow, my partner and i saw the same thing in our garden, we went out to do some star gazing and saw one really fast red light move across the sky and a few seconds later another split into two and chased each other over our house.I live in Manchester England and this was about 3 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Usually when its only a red light flashing with no other visible colors it is a helicopter (at least thats the light pattern they use here).

The thing about the ufo I saw was that the light did not flash , it was just a umm ball of pretty bright red light , no flashing , no other colors .

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Not sure when you saw this but could it have been the Indian Space Launch?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join